LGBTQ Victories! The News that Trump Does Not Want You to Hear

While T-Rump and his merry band of demented minions are doing all that they can to pull the rug out from under LGBT people and deny them their hard fought for rights, some good things are still happening.

Ninth Circuit Denies Another Trump Administration Effort to Implement Transgender Military Ban

Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit denied yet another attempt by the Trump Administration to implement its discriminatory plan to ban transgender people from serving openly in the U.S. Armed Services.

Today’s ruling in the lawsuit brought by Lambda Legal and OutServe-SLDN and joined by the State of Washington denied the administration’s motion to stay the preliminary injunction a lower court granted in December 2017, and affirmed last month. The injunction blocks implementation of the ban and enables transgender people to continue enlisting in the military.

“Seven courts across the country have considered this so-called plan, and seven courts have recognized that there is no defensible reason to bar transgender Americans from serving our nation,” Staff Sergeant Cathrine (Katie) Schmid said.

Puerto Rico Begins Allowing Transgender People to Change Their Birth Certificates

Starting today, the Puerto Rican government must provide accurate birth certificates to transgender Puerto Ricans that reflect their gender identity.

Today’s action follows the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico’s groundbreaking decision in April in a case brought by Lambda Legal on behalf of three transgender Puerto Ricans and Puerto Rico Para Tod@s that struck down Puerto Rico’s categorical ban on corrections to the gender marker on birth certificates in a first-of-its-kind federal lawsuit.

Hawai`i Supreme Court Declines to Hear Case of B&B That Denied Room to Lesbian Couple
The Hawai`i Supreme Court today rejected a petition from a Hawai`i bed & breakfast seeking review of a lower court ruling that the business had violated Hawai’i’s anti-discrimination statute when it denied a room to a lesbian couple because of their sexual orientation.

Aloha Bed & Breakfast, whose owner says same-sex relationships “defile our land,” is represented by the anti-LGBT legal group Alliance Defending Freedom, which claimed a religious justification for the discrimination. In February, the Intermediate Court of Appeals affirmed the lower court ruling, and today the Hawai`i Supreme Court declined to review that decision.

Last edited:
So, how you guys doing with that SCOTUS pick?

LOLOLOL

If I remember right, these people were kicking themselves out by not re-upping.

No, I'm not going to provide you a link. Go find it yourself.

''hard fought''??!!?? hahah
rights for everyone/every''thing''
rights for people who wear green shoes
--even Salamanders!!!!!!!!
220px-SpottedSalamander.jpg

While T-Rump and his merry band of demented minions are doing all that they can to pull the rug out from under LGBT people and deny the their hard fought for rights, some good things are still happening.

Ninth Circuit Denies Another Trump Administration Effort to Implement Transgender Military Ban

Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit denied yet another attempt by the Trump Administration to implement its discriminatory plan to ban transgender people from serving openly in the U.S. Armed Services.

Today’s ruling in the lawsuit brought by Lambda Legal and OutServe-SLDN and joined by the State of Washington denied the administration’s motion to stay the preliminary injunction a lower court granted in December 2017, and affirmed last month. The injunction blocks implementation of the ban and enables transgender people to continue enlisting in the military.

“Seven courts across the country have considered this so-called plan, and seven courts have recognized that there is no defensible reason to bar transgender Americans from serving our nation,” Staff Sergeant Cathrine (Katie) Schmid said.

Puerto Rico Begins Allowing Transgender People to Change Their Birth Certificates

Starting today, the Puerto Rican government must provide accurate birth certificates to transgender Puerto Ricans that reflect their gender identity.

Today’s action follows the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico’s groundbreaking decision in April in a case brought by Lambda Legal on behalf of three transgender Puerto Ricans and Puerto Rico Para Tod@s that struck down Puerto Rico’s categorical ban on corrections to the gender marker on birth certificates in a first-of-its-kind federal lawsuit.

Hawai`i Supreme Court Declines to Hear Case of B&B That Denied Room to Lesbian Couple
The Hawai`i Supreme Court today rejected a petition from a Hawai`i bed & breakfast seeking review of a lower court ruling that the business had violated Hawai’i’s anti-discrimination statute when it denied a room to a lesbian couple because of their sexual orientation.

Aloha Bed & Breakfast, whose owner says same-sex relationships “defile our land,” is represented by the anti-LGBT legal group Alliance Defending Freedom, which claimed a religious justification for the discrimination. In February, the Intermediate Court of Appeals affirmed the lower court ruling, and today the Hawai`i Supreme Court declined to review that decision.

The Ninth Circuit. You are not real knowledgeable are you? Have you come out yet?

While T-Rump and his merry band of demented minions are doing all that they can to pull the rug out from under LGBT people and deny the their hard fought for rights, some good things are still happening.

Where's all the Democratic Party legislation to protect all those rights you speak of and where was it in the past when the Democrats could have gone, "all in" but didn't?

Do you ever get the feeling that your being played by the Democratic Party and their minions.?

The Ninth Circuit. You are not real knowledgeable are you? Have you come out yet?

YOU are not real knowledgeable

No, 9th Circuit isn't 'most overturned court in the country'

And if you pay attention to Hannity you are not real bright either.

Have you come out yet??

While T-Rump and his merry band of demented minions are doing all that they can to pull the rug out from under LGBT people and deny them their hard fought for rights, some good things are still happening.

Hooray for the LGBT

I heartily support LGBT. All red blooded men should.

30bf35e3b516d5dcfec3ea4581b6ddbf.jpg

The 9th circus???? the most overturned court in the land....:113:
Serious question for you and some others here . Why do you despise your fellow Americans who are serving honorably-why do you want to ruin their lives? Just because they are different in some way? Because you are sniffing after T-Rump and want to do his bidding? Why?

YOU are not real knowledgeable

No, 9th Circuit isn't 'most overturned court in the country'

And if you pay attention to Hannity you are not real bright either.

Have you come out yet??

They are indeed, unless of course you only subscribe to liberal sources. It's ok faggot, come on out you'll feel better.

Where's all the Democratic Party legislation to protect all those rights you speak of and where was it in the past when the Democrats could have gone, "all in" but didn't?

Do you ever get the feeling that your being played by the Democratic Party and their minions.?
Don't try to make this about the Democrats in order to deflect away from the atrocities of the Trump administration. That is known as an appeal to hypocrisy logical fallacy and it is pathetic.The Dems are not perfect but a whole hell of a lot better than the Republicans on this

Forum List

Back