Letters to the Editor: Stop explaining away gas price gouging in California

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Of course they are gouging. They know thanks to Democrats, they only have a finite amount of time to operate, so naturally they are going to try and get as much profit as they can in the time they have left.

OCT. 3, 2022 3 AM PT
To the editor: I’m fed up with high gas prices. I’m fed up with paying $2 a gallon more than the national average. (“Gas in Los Angeles now costs $6.26 a gallon as average price jumps 15 cents overnight,” Sept. 29)
I’m fed up with the “special blend” that is more expensive to produce. I’m fed up with problems at the West Coast refineries that happen every year and supposedly make inventories tight.
I’m fed up with politicians telling us that gas companies are not taking advantage of California drivers. About 13% of all motor vehicles in this country are registered in California, so don’t tell me gas companies aren’t taking advantage of drivers here and raking in record profits.

Thanks. I needed another paywall by the LA Times.

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 4.16.45 PM.png

I think you get so many freebies then the paywall hits.

It does not take very long when you follow links someone else posts.

Yeah, I notice a lot of times if you stay away from a pay site for a couple months, it will reset and you'll get another few hits before you have to pay.

California has expensive gas because of sky-high taxes and fees, special fuel blends and overworked refineries. Refineries in CA typically run at about 120% of capacity. That is done by cancelling maintenance and overworking the plant.

Of course they are gouging. They know thanks to Democrats, they only have a finite amount of time to operate, so naturally they are going to try and get as much profit as they can in the time they have left.

There is a reason why gas prices are so high in California and it's because of California policies. It's the same reasons pork prices are so high there, because California makes them high. And there are a dozen other states that do exactly what California does so their prices go up also

I'm not real big on glen beck but here is a video on which he talks about what California does to increase prices with their policies which includes letters he reads from gas companies that supply to California in direct reponse to the governor wanting answers as to why gas prices are so high.

Gas companies aren't price gouging in California. California is making gas expensive through it's policies and then pretending like it's the gas companies fault.

Forum List

Back