Letter to Jackie.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
Jackie:

I am writing this to you because I know you will never see it. What a little goddess you were. You walked into my heart so long ago from a faraway place. I was a guitar player in a rock band, and you were in the crowd. I was not the star in band, just a working musician. Your dark eyes were a perfect match for your long, straight hair, very Cher-like. A crowd is an impersonal blob to a busy musician, but my eyes locked on you. There was specialness about you that came like a light out of darkness, you were a beautiful flower in a barren and loveless world.

Then your eyes found me. Everything warm and good came from that moment, like sunlight melting snow in those first days of spring when little birds sing their welcoming songs heralding a new beginning. A smile graced your lovely face that is infinitely imprinted on my soul, I knew it was just for me. The music stopped and I made my way through the faceless forest straight to you. You were waiting for me; you knew I was coming.

My feet walked on clouds to get to you. My closed and guarded heart was gateless in that enchanted instant and I took your velvet hand in mine as if I had always known you. Your voice had a wonderful strangeness revealing a Flushing-Queens accent not heard often in the small New England city where we stood. We were so young.

Our relationship could not flourish; the pieces could not be put together. Still, I dream of what it would have been like to hold you forever. You married someone else and so did I. She was a goddess as well and another gift like you that I probably never deserved. Why we throw away our most important blessings is a mystery. I nearly lost her.

You are still in my heart and you always will be. Perhaps in another dimension of space-time we are together. You were a road not taken and I have some regrets that I did not try harder to make things work. If you reach for something and miss it you must move on. I hope you are happy.

All the best,

Ray

In the same vein

I never even held you hand, we came from different worlds and I never had the chance
But, you were gracious and kind to me, always and still, that's been a soothing and gentle memory

So Janet, why are you here today, don't you know you're the one who got away
But, since you're here today, remember like I do
That one and only phone call I made to you

Spring time passed us by, a long time ago. still your memory lingers on
We're now in our winter years, is it too late to shed a tear
We've grown old, but please don't be so bold, as to think it won't hurt like before

So Janet, why are you here today
Is this about that one and only phone call I made
I never really knew you, but I wanted to-and better still
I wanted you to, know me too

But since you're here today, remember like I do

That was inspired by a member of a guitar message board I participate in- he posted a sketch he had made of a girl he dated long before he got married- and not to the girl in the sketch- for some reason it hit my nostalgic button and I penned the above- it's a 100% completely true story.

In the same vein

I never even held you hand, we came from different worlds and I never had the chance
But, you were gracious and kind to me, always and still, that's been a soothing and gentle memory

But, since you're here today, remember like I do

Spring time passed us by, a long time ago. still your memory lingers on
We're now in our winter years, is it too late to shed a tear
We've grown old, but please don't be so bold, as to think it won't hurt like before

So Janet, why are you here today
Is this about that one and only phone call I made
I never really knew you, but I wanted to-and better still
I wanted you to, know me too

But since you're here today, remember like I do

That was inspired by a member of a guitar message board I participate in- he posted a sketch he had made of a girl he dated long before he got married- and not to the girl in the sketch- for some reason it hit my nostalgic button and I penned the above- it's a 100% completely true story.
Live, love, laugh-doesn't work that way does it?

Live, love, laugh-doesn't work that way does it?
Except for the love part I've been happy most of my life- I learned the hard way, I don't domesticate well- I doubt Janet would have been the exception- but, it's a nice dream that got me through some hard times when I left home to join the Navy- and a great song.

Forum List

Back