Let's Talk Eggplant

I'd try it at a restaurant too, since it isn't exciting raw. It is also a bit tricky to cook. Once you have it cooked right by a pro, you may have a more accurate idea of what it is.

You're probably right about that, but I'm not going to spend $30 or $40 for a meal that I may not like. Besides, even if I did like it from a restaurant, I'd never be able to replicate it at home

I'd rather spend a couple of bucks for a small one to try so if I don't like it I didn't break the bank to find out. I'll do alot of research first on different ways to prepare it, recipes, etc Then try a couple of different options to see the differences, if any. Like a breaded & fried as a stand alone, another with sauce and another with cubed.

love it love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes_text12:

I love eggplant! fried or in the oven with tomato and melted cheese....... I could eat eggplant every single day of my life! YUM!!!!!:2up:

Delicious Tomato & Eggplant Cheese Bake​

1642890003180.png

I was very skeptical and didn't expect to like it. But I did buy one and finally got the gumption to try it. We were having chicken parmesan, so it was an easy addition, though I didn't cook it in the same pan just in case it was nasty I didn't want it to contaminate the chicken. But I also wanted to try it dredged & crispy.

So after doing some research, I sliced the eggplant and salted both sides and let it sit to draw out the moisture (some say bitterness), then rinsed it off, then let it sit in some milk (found the milk tip in comment section of a recipe). Then let it drain.

Parmesan......just added some marinara sauce to a pan, added about half the slices, covered & let simmer a bit, then topped with cheese & covered to melt.

Crispy chips......brushed the slices with garlic butter, then dredged in seasoned cornflake crumbs and into the air fryer till golden brown & crispy.

I did like the crispy chips better, but the parmesan wasn't too bad either. It just might have a place here.

Forum List

Back