Let's play a Game. What is True

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I've mentioned before that I'm tired of all the spin, and wish we could just deal with objective truth. If you believe in your views, you should not have to spin them. Philosophy 101, truth is NOT relative. You can play with words and questions to get the answers you want, but in the end, there is objective truth. I'm going to start easy, and ask if we can agree on whether some things are true.

Children have an extremely low mortality rate due to covid.

Hydroxycloroquine does not 'CURE' covid.

Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years

Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults.

Riots are occurring in Portland.

The Dave Mathews Band is Horrible. Sorry, couldn't help it.

I'll just start with these for now.

1) To be determined. As the pandemic goes along, they're finding out that while younger children may not get ragingly sick, they carry a bigger virus load when they get infected. How that translates into them spreading the virus (the real question here) is to TBD.
2) Hydroxycholorquine was approved in February by the FDA for emergency use for the treatment of COVID-19. 3 peer reviewed studies concluded it was not effective. Therefore, the FDA pulled its authorization.
3) The drug has been used to treat lupus, RA, and malaria for years...at roughly half the dose that was being used for COVID-19.
4) To be determined. Not enough information. Some preliminary studies have shown children 10 and up transmit the virus at the same rate and the same way adults do. 10 and under..TBD.
5) Well yeah...but Federal agencies ain't helping by patrolling the streets for the Law and Order President.
6) That goes without saying. :)

Answers aren't all Yes and No.

The #CoronaHoax2020 would have been nothing more than a seasonal flu outbreak, like we get almost every year, if not for the political opportunity that was made of it, and exploited for malicious purposes.

The masks that we are being told to wear, to slow the spread of the virus, in fact, have no meaningful chance at all of doing anything to slow the spread of this or any other virus, any more than a chain-link fence can slow the spread of mosquitoes.

Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself. Neither did Ghislane Maxwell, nor will she have had, when she turns up dead and that emerges as the official explanation.

I've mentioned before that I'm tired of all the spin, and wish we could just deal with objective truth. If you believe in your views, you should not have to spin them. Philosophy 101, truth is NOT relative. You can play with words and questions to get the answers you want, but in the end, there is objective truth. I'm going to start easy, and ask if we can agree on whether some things are true.

Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years

Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults.

Children have an extremely low mortality rate due to covid. What does extremely mean? They have a very low mortality rate as compared to others.

Hydroxycloroquine does not 'CURE' covid. Who said it did? That with other prescriptions may treat it with great results.

Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years July 1, 2020 Update: A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure.

Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults. Correct

Riots are occurring in Portland. I read it's now quiet.

The Dave Mathews Band is Horrible. Sorry, couldn't help it. One of the best drummers to play. I have a kit and there are more than a few tunes that are nice, but overall I agree, it's over-the-top progressive, the music often doesn't flow, he's all over the map.

True at this point
The cocktail is said by many doctors to work.....zinc needed .....it's not a cure.....MOSTLY FALSE.
True......but like any drug they have side effects.
unknown .......not fully confirmed
True
Never heard of them
True because I see no more comments

1596298260295.png

Masks are for little people

Just off the top of my head...

Q. Children have an extremely low mortality rate due to covid.
A. True, I'll say true because I've heard statistics that indicate to me the mortality rate overall is very low.

Q. Hydroxycloroquine does not 'CURE' covid.
A. True, if we had a cure then schools, businesses and sports would go on pretty much as normal

Q. Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years
A. Mostly true. Any drug I guess can be misused. Early on there was a story here in Arizona about a couple that suffered the consequence of going overboard in its use.

Q. Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults.
A. True, makes sense because they're around less people and when they cough or sneeze they're generally below adult's waist level.

Q. Riots are occurring in Portland.
A. False, I'm guessing that these rioters don't arise until 11:00am and it's before 10:00am there now.

Q, The Dave Mathews Band is Horrible. Sorry, couldn't help it.
A. When it comes to music, my stance is to each, his own

HCQ, Zpack and zinc, in combination with the dosage adjusted by wight, has been proven as an effective treatment for Covid when administered early. That would be before a patient reaches the point of hospitalization. And it's safe for the vast majority of people. Many physicians are taking HCQ and zinc as prophylactic for Covid without any issues. These are FACTS.

Just off the top of my head...

Q. Children have an extremely low mortality rate due to covid.
A. True, I'll say true because I've heard statistics that indicate to me the mortality rate overall is very low.

Q. Hydroxycloroquine does not 'CURE' covid.
A. True, if we had a cure then schools, businesses and sports would go on pretty much as normal

Q. Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years
A. Mostly true. Any drug I guess can be misused. Early on there was a story here in Arizona about a couple that suffered the consequence of going overboard in its use.

Q. Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults.
A. True, makes sense because they're around less people and when they cough or sneeze they're generally below adult's waist level.

Q. Riots are occurring in Portland.
A. False, I'm guessing that these rioters don't arise until 11:00am and it's before 10:00am there now.

Q, The Dave Mathews Band is Horrible. Sorry, couldn't help it.
A. When it comes to music, my stance is to each, his own

Wrong, the folks in AZ ingested fish tank cleaner, because the name of the ingredients sounded similar, not a good move.

1) The Chinese targeted this virus at old people, because they have so many.

2) & 3) Trump fantasies.

4) see 1)

5) better there than here.

6) You suck too.

Vast numbers of reported due to covid deaths had other major health issues and compromised immune systems.

Vast numbers of deaths attributed to the covid shut downs are not be reported.

I say yes to all but one of those.

Now, had you just said Red Hot Chili Peppers, instead.....

.....blacks committing crime at high rates and graduating at low rates is THE problem--not the police
TRUE

Children have an extremely low mortality rate due to covid. What does extremely mean? They have a very low mortality rate as compared to others.

Hydroxycloroquine does not 'CURE' covid. Who said it did? That with other prescriptions may treat it with great results.

Hydroxycloroquine is NOT a dangerous drug - It has been safely used for over 60 years July 1, 2020 Update: A summary of the FDA review of safety issues with the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat hospitalized patients with COVID-19 is now available. This includes reports of serious heart rhythm problems and other safety issues, including blood and lymph system disorders, kidney injuries, and liver problems and failure.

Younger Children do not transmit, or become carriers, at a high a rate as adults. Correct

The Dave Mathews Band is Horrible. Sorry, couldn't help it. One of the best drummers to play. I have a kit and there are more than a few tunes that are nice, but overall I agree, it's over-the-top progressive, the music often doesn't flow, he's all over the map.

Have the riots just stopped? That is odd. They were rioting before the federal troops. Have they finally achieved their nebulous racial harmony? Jerry Nadler says they don't exist, and poof, their gone.

On Dave Mathews, I couldn't even get to the music because I thought he sounded like a muppet scratching a chalkboard? I hope the drummer made it big again in another band.

I'm going to move to round two now. These should be more contentious, but it should be possible to say if they are true or not.

Their was no basis to the Russia Investigation other than political interest.

The Trump campaign was spied on.

Racism exists, but institutional racism does not. Ben Shapiro said if institutional racism could be defined, then something could be done about it, it could be stopped, but it appears to be purely political.

Taxes hurt the middle class.

China is a threat.

There should be no word police. Speech is not an attack to be protected from. People should be able to handle conflicting viewpoints without safe spaces.

Have the riots just stopped? That is odd. They were rioting before the federal troops. Have they finally achieved their nebulous racial harmony? Jerry Nadler says they don't exist, and poof, their gone.

On Dave Mathews, I couldn't even get to the music because I thought he sounded like a muppet scratching a chalkboard? I hope the drummer made it big again in another band.

Carter Beauford. To me one of the top four to ever play. If it wasn't for some nice rhythm DM wouldn't be represented on my playlist. It really is kind of awful, even his voice sucks.

Forum List

Back