Let's herd all the homeless south??

neweaglewings

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
One wonders if it is easier to say, "let the church provide food clothing and shelter and maybe some socialization for the "homeless."
In grocery stores and many others, consumers are herded around the store so they really do have to cover ground to get the items they need. In restaurants they have gates and fences, and areas and signs of where to stand.
In 2006 when the shelter closed during cold weather in Green Bay Wisconsin there were no organizations except churches who did have a few outreach programs the public assumes takes care of the problem.
On the nightly news on that coldest night, the news guy said that homeless people could go to w ww. ? to find a list of shelter places they could go to. I did not know if I should cry or laugh. How many homeless people are "online?"
My heart has been for the homeless. Two weeks ago on the news I saw a family with three school age children sleeping in a cold van with no shelter available. Many high school homeless wash up in gas stations and sleep in cars. Because of our economy there has been an increase of homeless both at libraries, hospital and capital lunch cafeterias, and any place they can sit without being asked to move.
I KNOW FROM PAST OBSERVANCES, WALKER, HIS STAFF, AND OTHERS SOMEHOW WHO GOT ELECTED, do not like seeing all the homeless in numbers either at the public library or at the capital. The library is being worked on at this time because if they both stay closed, it forces the homeless during fall weather to head south. No one likes them on all the benches nor do they want them at the capital or at the library. IT HAPPENS EVERY FALL IN A WHOLE LOT OF CITIES AND IT IS NOT A CHURCH OR RELIGIOUS MATTER.
Someone should care enough to open a center and call it "fresh start" where the homeless can shower, have breakfast, go on computers and look for work, get cell phones so they can get called for work, get clothing, and meals and not have to leave the place when they wake up and drift all day.
Don't tell me they will just lay around and do nothing because I have seen this is not so. The homeless used to consist of vagrants, drunks, drug addicts, and yes a percentage do not want, or have brain ability left to change their situation. Instead of forcing them to go south where the storms have caused many states to become in need themselves, and instead of us continuing to let Madison be this large embarrassment to the capital of Wisconsin in the use of the capital and it's control, let's come up with a solution "IN" Madison for the increasing amount of homeless children, single Mom's, families, and veterans and college student wanna be's. Homeless need more than to be herded south.:clap2: :eusa_pray:

One wonders if it is easier to say, "let the church provide food clothing and shelter and maybe some socialization for the "homeless."
In grocery stores and many others, consumers are herded around the store so they really do have to cover ground to get the items they need. In restaurants they have gates and fences, and areas and signs of where to stand.
In 2006 when the shelter closed during cold weather in Green Bay Wisconsin there were no organizations except churches who did have a few outreach programs the public assumes takes care of the problem.
On the nightly news on that coldest night, the news guy said that homeless people could go to w ww. ? to find a list of shelter places they could go to. I did not know if I should cry or laugh. How many homeless people are "online?"
My heart has been for the homeless. Two weeks ago on the news I saw a family with three school age children sleeping in a cold van with no shelter available. Many high school homeless wash up in gas stations and sleep in cars. Because of our economy there has been an increase of homeless both at libraries, hospital and capital lunch cafeterias, and any place they can sit without being asked to move.
I KNOW FROM PAST OBSERVANCES, WALKER, HIS STAFF, AND OTHERS SOMEHOW WHO GOT ELECTED, do not like seeing all the homeless in numbers either at the public library or at the capital. The library is being worked on at this time because if they both stay closed, it forces the homeless during fall weather to head south. No one likes them on all the benches nor do they want them at the capital or at the library. IT HAPPENS EVERY FALL IN A WHOLE LOT OF CITIES AND IT IS NOT A CHURCH OR RELIGIOUS MATTER.
Someone should care enough to open a center and call it "fresh start" where the homeless can shower, have breakfast, go on computers and look for work, get cell phones so they can get called for work, get clothing, and meals and not have to leave the place when they wake up and drift all day.
Don't tell me they will just lay around and do nothing because I have seen this is not so. The homeless used to consist of vagrants, drunks, drug addicts, and yes a percentage do not want, or have brain ability left to change their situation. Instead of forcing them to go south where the storms have caused many states to become in need themselves, and instead of us continuing to let Madison be this large embarrassment to the capital of Wisconsin in the use of the capital and it's control, let's come up with a solution "IN" Madison for the increasing amount of homeless children, single Mom's, families, and veterans and college student wanna be's. Homeless need more than to be herded south.:clap2: :eusa_pray:

More homeless than you would think have access to online services. For one thing, it's free in all our libraries around here. For another, many homeless have cell phones with access to the internet and our city provides free internet along the 99 corridor.

Some homeless even have notebook computers. Yes, they could sell but let's face it, an old computer isn't worth much these days and someone probably gave it to them.

One man has my old netbook. He's online frequently and we chat. Thankfully he has a job and isn't homeless anymore.

Meanwhile "superDave" is on his yearly bicycle trek south with his dog and his bick with the trailer.

My friend and I hand out lunches to those who need it on Monday's. Her church does it Mon-Thurs. We've become friends with the regular homeless people. Sadly we even have working families that come in when they have no money left over after paying rent. There is something wrong when working people in the richest country in the world can't support themselves without help.

Last edited:

More homeless than you would think have access to online services. For one thing, it's free in all our libraries around here. For another, many homeless have cell phones with access to the internet and our city provides free internet along the 99 corridor.

Some homeless even have notebook computers. Yes, they could sell but let's face it, an old computer isn't worth much these days and someone probably gave it to them.

One man has my old netbook. He's online frequently and we chat. Thankfully he has a job and isn't homeless anymore.

Meanwhile "superDave" is on his yearly bicycle trek south with his dog and his big with the trailer.

My friend and I hand out lunches to those who need it on Monday's. Her church does it Mon-Thurs. We've become friends with the regular homeless people. Sadly we even have working families that come in when they have no money left over after paying rent. There is something wrong when working people in the richest country in the world can't support themselves without help.
both of your posts are true,and sad ........we need to vote Obama out in 2012,because if he gets in for another 4 yrs with nothing to lose he will hurt this country so bad that what people can afford to help with and give will be even less !!!

Forum List

Back