Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Bachmann

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
How do you rank them and who do you think won?

Newt by far outclassed and just whipped ass

Romney withstood the heat very well

Cain shot himself with the terrorism negotiating nonsense and couldn't articulate beyond 9-9-9

Santorum and Paul tie in my opinion

Perry just doesn't belong

Bachmann just go home

Thoughts?

How do you rank them and who do you think won?

Newt by far outclassed and just whipped ass

Romney withstood the heat very well

Cain shot himself with the terrorism negotiating nonsense and couldn't articulate beyond 9-9-9

Santorum and Paul tie in my opinion

Perry just doesn't belong

Bachmann just go home

Thoughts?

That was a circular firing squad. Worst yet.
We completely agree on the principle participants. Perry will soon bow out; he's not a national candidate. I love Newt and just wish he didn't have the past he has. I have no real problems with Romney. Cain has no organization and is a goner in any event. I sometimes think he is running for his resume or VP.

c3112.jpg

I know exactly where Republicans stand.

I'm liberal and I won't vote for him, but Ron Paul stands by his convictions. The rest are just saps.

And what convictions. Medicare is a mistake. So is Medicaid and prescription drug help. Remember, it was his answer that led to "Let him die".

I'm liberal and I won't vote for him, but Ron Paul stands by his convictions. The rest are just saps.

And what convictions. Medicare is a mistake. So is Medicaid and prescription drug help. Remember, it was his answer that led to "Let him die".

If those are his convictions, at least he sticks to them and takes the heat. I don't have to agree with him, but I respect his saying what he believes. 95% of politicians say what the they think we want to hear or the polls say we want to hear, current president included.

As I mentioned earlier, Newt, Paul and Romney did the best. Cain held his ground. The rest of them did poorly.

The dynamic seems to be about whether anyone can knock Romney off of his top spot. Perry took his shot with the illegal immigration attack. It didn't seem very effective tonight, but I think it will drive some of the post-debate coverage, and that's Perry's best chance to get back in the game. It's possible (though unlikely) that we'll look back and say this was where Perry clawed his way back into the game.

I think every debate Romney cements the nomination more and more. He clearly whipped Perry's ass when Perry made his (kind of pathetic) attempts to take swipes at him. Perry's falling really far. Cain didn't look so well tonight, it was only a matter of time before people took swings at him for things not involving 9-9-9. He's too reliant on it.

Newt looked good, but quite frankly his past makes him unelectable. Too many skeletons in his closet.

I think Romney will take the nomination, and will most likely beat Obama.

I shouldn't even chime in for I didn't watch it. Had company! But from the accounts I've read, it sounds like many of you agree that Perry is out. The only solid options are Romney, Paul and Gingrich.

Just from my knowledge thus far, I would say the country would be smart to elect Gingrich with his class, knowledge and unflappible personality. His Contract with America has not received the attention it deserved, but he comes out on or near the top in every debate. He stays away from the pettiness and anger. But we all know he has the baggage that seemingly makes him unelectable. But think about this. Does Obama NOT have baggage as well? Look at his record and investigations that are beginning now.

Romney is a stable candidate on domestic affairs ( less Romney Care), but how is he on foreign affairs. I understand Cain blew it tonight with just one question on terror suspects and negotiations. Is that just one small crack in a wall of naive foreign affairs and diplomacy?

Ron Paul has some great ideas but is he so complicated and confusing that he can be trusted with the most important job in the world? I understand he goes off on tangents and misses the target. Is that something we shopuld be concerned about when ytou think that is a familiar tone with our present president?

Perry, Santorum I wonder about the anger they can spew but not knowing much more about their debate tonight I can't go any further. Bachman sounds llike she just isn't ready for the Oval Office. Huntsman did not do himself any favors not attending the debate.

Last edited:
Bachman....needs to go home
Cain...not ready for Prime Time...but I agree with someone above - might be an excellent choice for a running mate.
Perry...will either crash and burn or come back...it is early
Romney....the "default" candidate. If no one else comes shining through - he has the bow.
Paul...will never be President. Right or Wrong
Santorum...who?

Forum List

Back