Zone1 Let's fix retirement, and incentivize the workforce by doing so.

no its not,, prosperity existed long before the welfare programs,,

in fact I would claim that the government ran welfare programs have caused more harm than good by pushing the fathers out of the house and rewarding people that refuse to provide for themselves which has led to higher rates of poverty and crime,,
Meet the Democrat's.... They have perfected vote loyalty and vote buying scheme's for God only knows how long it's been going on now. Gotta give it to the devil's, they actually pulled the wool over the majority of the countries eye's for quite a long time now.

Hell Biden just played politics again with this prisoner exchange. Let's see how much fanfare that gets him when this lady is back on American soil, yet meanwhile a marine has been left behind.

First it was Bowe Bergdahl the America hater, and now this person who alledgedly said that she would walk out of the game if they played the national anthem ?

The marine should have been first in the bargaining, and her next or second in the negotiations. I bet they could have gotten both of them out at the same time.

How can we believe Biden when he told us how it all went down, otherwise when we weren't allowed to know the details as they were happening? Funny how they knew everything about Trumps phone call over Ukraine, but nobody knows nothing about the negotiations pertaining to the prisoner exchanges other than what Biden tells us.

Nope.... So what's your point ? Does your thinking address the incentivizing of the work force by changing the system a little bit in order to do so ??? I didn't see it. So if you would, how about addressing that also.
There is nothing wrong with social security! That is just another right-wing bullshit myth, just like the invented border problem.

What about this folks !

Time to fix Social security retirement in this country, and incentivize the workforce in doing so.

Let me explain :

Instead of doing it by maturity dates and/or by one's age, why not just do it by (year's worked in total only), otherwise regardless of the overall ending age and working dates that are set in some sort of weird way (where as the current set up appears to work more for the government in hopes that it won't have to pay out to the retiree their money, and maybe it's all in hopes that the retiree expires before the money is paid out in full) ?????

So let's use 40 year's as the maturity date, and the time set to pay after that 40 year's has been accomplished.

Example: if start work at 16, and work paying into one's social security for 40 year's total, then that person should be able to retire with full benefits at 56 years old. If start @ 20 years old then you retire at 60 years old with full benefits. If start at 25 years old, then you could retire at 65 year's old, but not before then unless take a big cut in those benefit's.

65 will remain the maturity date for anyone joining the workforce after 25 years old, and working for 40 year's paying into social security.

This gives the incentive for the young crowd to do the math, and then get to work on their 40 year time period regardless of their age starting in the workforce (the sooner the better).

Age 65 is required to retire at full retirement benefits through Social security, otherwise if started in the workforce at 25 year's young, and then worked to 65.

Age 65 would remain the ideal date that gives retirement to all worker's regardless of when they enter the work force after 25 year's of age, and attempt to work for 40 years, but a minimum of 15 years must be worked in order to draw anything, and it can't be drawn on until the 65 year's of age requirement is met.

Where am I wrong on this sort of stuff ?

We need to incentivize the young folk's with a long term strategy that makes them see a reward coming if they work hard and do the right thing in life.
Yeah, but fuckup WI senator moron johnson wants you to work until 70, so….

SS should be optional. No one should be forced to pay into it.
You are responsible for you.
Wouldn't that be nice if we hadn't gone down the rabbit hole so far, now bring yourself into the 21st century. We are here, now let's fix the dam thing already.

No this country wants to focus on hoard's of people coming over the border to eat it all up, and then focus on this abusive gender stuff, this dangerous wokeism, reparations, oops I meant to say "vote buying scheme's" with our hard worked for tax money, climate bull crap without the world being with us as it laughs behind our backs, and on and on and on it all goes.

Yeah, but fuckup WI senator moron johnson wants you to work until 70, so….
The problem is that undoubtedly it has been an issue with both sides of the isle when it comes to honoring labor in this country, when in fact labor that built this country, and keeps it running are just as important as the men and women who serve in the military. And I garantee you that they fall all over themselves trying to act like they are 100% for the military until the past and present horror stories are told Hell Biden just left a soldier back in Russia, while he brought home a political prize instead of both prisoner's.

The problem is that undoubtedly it has been an issue with both sides of the isle when it comes to honoring labor in this country, when in fact labor that built this country, and keeps it running are just as important as the men and women who serve in the military. And I garantee you that they fall all over themselves trying to act like they are 100% for the military until the past and present horror stories are told Hell Biden just left a soldier back in Russia, while he brought home a political prize instead of both prisoner's.
Dude, can you not have an run-on sentence that is hard to decipher.

Wouldn't that be nice if we hadn't gone down the rabbit hole so far, now bring yourself into the 21st century. We are here, now let's fix the dam thing already.
There's no reason we can't give people the option now - especially people just starting to work.
Everyone who has accumulated benefits gets to keep them based on their current pay-in; everyone who wants to stop paying in to SS gets to keep their 6.2%.
Might even get part of the 6.2% their employer pays, too.

You don't pay in, you receive no benefits. You are responsible for you.

The Boomers have already had their sure. Push them off and clear the decks.

Yes, it is. If you took ALL THEIR MONEY, it wouldn't cover the shortfall.

To make things sustainable, it should return to the original parameters: set the age to collect social security to the average life expectancy, plus two.
Wait, ain't social security an earned thing by percentage of ? Does age really matter once the policy matures, otherwise all requirements of meeting a set money value when the bells should go off ? So say I pay in for 40 year's, and that is the amount of year's that should bring my policy to it's amount expectancy before pay out is ok, and so regardless of my age I should be able to start drawing on my policy due to all parameters being met correct ? The age thing seems to be a way to set it all up in hopes that the person should die before receiving benefits in full. What am I missing here ?

What about this folks !

Time to fix Social security retirement in this country, and incentivize the workforce in doing so.

Let me explain :

Instead of doing it by maturity dates and/or by one's age, why not just do it by (year's worked in total only), otherwise regardless of the overall ending age and working dates that are set in some sort of weird way (where as the current set up appears to work more for the government in hopes that it won't have to pay out to the retiree their money, and maybe it's all in hopes that the retiree expires before the money is paid out in full) ?????

So let's use 40 year's as the maturity date, and the time set to pay after that 40 year's has been accomplished.

Example: if start work at 16, and work paying into one's social security for 40 year's total, then that person should be able to retire with full benefits at 56 years old. If start @ 20 years old then you retire at 60 years old with full benefits. If start at 25 years old, then you could retire at 65 year's old, but not before then unless take a big cut in those benefit's.

65 will remain the maturity date for anyone joining the workforce after 25 years old, and working for 40 year's paying into social security.

This gives the incentive for the young crowd to do the math, and then get to work on their 40 year time period regardless of their age starting in the workforce (the sooner the better).

Age 65 is required to retire at full retirement benefits through Social security, otherwise if started in the workforce at 25 year's young, and then worked to 65.

Age 65 would remain the ideal date that gives retirement to all worker's regardless of when they enter the work force after 25 year's of age, and attempt to work for 40 years, but a minimum of 15 years must be worked in order to draw anything, and it can't be drawn on until the 65 year's of age requirement is met.

Where am I wrong on this sort of stuff ?

We need to incentivize the young folk's with a long term strategy that makes them see a reward coming if they work hard and do the right thing in life.
How about we let people own their SS accounts and not allowing the corrupt government to get its hands on that money?
How about we let people get a real rate of return on their money and accumulate some real wealth that can be passed down to a person's heirs?

How about we all realize that Social Security is designed to keep people from attaining actual financial independence because the last thing any government wants is a large percentage of the population being financially independent

How about we let people own their SS accounts and not allowing the corrupt government to get its hands on that money?
How about we let people get a real rate of return on their money and accumulate some real wealth that can be passed down to a person's heirs?

How about we all realize that Social Security is designed to keep people from attaining actual financial independence because the last thing any government wants is a large percentage of the population being financially independent
Yep, just like the successful HSA accounts now. If we would have had that type of thing back when I was first starting in the workforce, I'd be wealthy just from that savings account alone. That would be over 40 year's of savings because I was healthy the whole time.

Nothing created by government is perfect (too many hands in the pot).
Social Security is a winner,
I want everyone to be able to feel this in old age.
there are a few easy ways to prop it up.
They should all be put on the table and looked at.

Wait, ain't social security an earned thing by percentage of ? Does age really matter once the policy matures, otherwise all requirements of meeting a set money value when the bells should go off ? So say I pay in for 40 year's, and that is the amount of year's that should bring my policy to it's amount expectancy before pay out is ok, and so regardless of my age I should be able to start drawing on my policy due to all parameters being met correct ? The age thing seems to be a way to set it all up in hopes that the person should die before receiving benefits in full. What am I missing here ?
There is no policy. Every cent you paid in was spent as soon as it was paid. Your money is gone.

There is no policy. Every cent you paid in was spent as soon as it was paid. Your money is gone.
So the federal government must wear the badge of dishonor, because if true what you say, then they have stolen the people's money without care. Yet isn't it funny how they found all that money for COVID relief, and are able to just go out back to the money tree, and find billion's for a war we have no business being a part of ?? Yes, drop leaflets, negotiate for peace, drop food rations and such, but send them weapon's of war that is getting their country destroyed, and getting their infrastructure wiped out ???? Makes absolutely no sense, and it flies straight back into the citizen's faces who gave it their all in this country.

Forum List

Back