Let's Discuss The Ramifications Of Mob Rule

065E845C-545B-49BE-8A6F-31F69B55344C-280-000000149DA4EB5E.jpeg
Decent enough thread on it's face, however, who is the mob referring to in your mind?

Those who made the mess over the weekend. That was not a protest it was a gang fight and a riot. Stuff like that is NOT cool. There is a reason why we have free speech. It's so we don't end up like these guys. That's where we are headed. Not being hateful, just saying.

Yep, that's what we have law enforcement for.

What would law enforcement do in the above example?

I assume those are ISIS flags, ISIS is an enemy of the country, they could be prosecuted for providing material support for terrorist.

The Nazis are an enemy of our country as well.

Are they actively at war with us? Should they become so, we have systems in place to deal with them.

So being actively at war with our country is the requirement. I see.

You've done a nice job structuring this thread with little rules and exceptions that will discredit anyone else's point.

But just for the record, Nazi's and ISIS are both vile hate organizations, historically and presently. And because of this, there are many people who react to their presence and their message in a very physical way. It is natural, and should be expected.

So your vote is for anarchist and vigilante justice? I'm offended by folks that let their pants droop so low they show half their underwear, BTW that is not limited to blacks, do I have a right to knock them up side the head?

We as citizens are guaranteed certain rights both under our Constitution and laws. We are guaranteed the right to peaceably assemble and express our views and opinions and not be molested by the government or other citizens. When we start allowing a mob to veto our rights this country is destine for destruction.

Take the emotion out of it and concentrate completely on our system. No matter how repugnant a persons views are, no one and I mean no one has the right to physically assault or block the path of peaceful demonstrations. If the demonstrators start getting violent it is the job of law enforcement to deal with the situation. No mob, counter protest or what you chose to call them has the right to deny anyone their constitutionally guaranteed rights. If you want to see the country destroyed, feel free to keep cheering the mob on.

This is not a thread for finger pointing, it is for a discussion on how we preserve our rights and our country.

yes, we have the right to peacefully express our hatred for white supremacist pondscum.

and the white supremacist have the right to peacefully embarrass themselves by riling up fellow white supremacists?

one has to ask if wearing hoods and arming themselves with torches and massive amounts of weaponry was the way to do that but that is neither here nor there.

those peacefully protesting the hate-filled garbage had the right to do so without a car driven by a white supremacist loser driving into them. it was terrorism, something you would say without blinking if it were done by a muslim.

there were no "many sides" or even "two sides".

there was scum... and the people peacefully standing up to the scum.

characterizing the protesters as a mob is kind of saying one should just let Nazis march without response.

is that what you're saying?

I'm sorry you lack the ability to grasp the concept of the OP. This isn't just about Charlottesville, what about Berkley where a violent mob shut down free speech by an invited speaker and destroyed private property and attacked people, or the Trump rally that was canceled by the threats of a mob and the numerous demonstrations across the country that are being reconsidered because of the threats of violence.

The threats aren't coming from to groups organizing these events, but from outside groups determined to deny them their constitutionally protected rights. Are you seriously siding with the antifa anarchist and BLM who think they have the right to shut down constitutionally protected speech though violence or threats of violence? We can't allow any mob to have a veto on any constitutional rights, wouldn't you agree?

I grasp the "concepts" in the o/p. you weren't talking about berkely. it was clear that you were talking about charlottesburg. but ok... you want to move the goal posts, I'm game.

they were wrong in Berkeley.

but the president of the US didn't get up and say they were right and encourage their behavior, did he?

see, that's the problem with trumpbots... you can't have a discussion with you people.

Tell me child, what gives anyone the right to get in anyones face to prevent them from speaking? What do you think would have happened in Charlottesville if there had been no counter protest and confrontation? I'll tell you what would have happened, there would have been a story somewhere on page 6 about some idiots making some noise, no violence, no deaths.

I don't know I haven't seen the video. But the Nazi group has been holding rallies without violence or the media hasn't reported it. Now the left's gang we have seen how they are violent, break laws over and over. Just saying. I don't support the Nazi's, but they have the right to hold a rally.
Why haven't you seen the most relevant video in current news and politics to date?

Have you been living under a rock or what?

View attachment 144246
Decent enough thread on it's face, however, who is the mob referring to in your mind?

Those who made the mess over the weekend. That was not a protest it was a gang fight and a riot. Stuff like that is NOT cool. There is a reason why we have free speech. It's so we don't end up like these guys. That's where we are headed. Not being hateful, just saying.
WHO!?!? As in, which group are "those who made the mess over the weekend," as you so succinctly and vaguely put it?

What would law enforcement do in the above example?

I assume those are ISIS flags, ISIS is an enemy of the country, they could be prosecuted for providing material support for terrorist.

Are they actively at war with us? Should they become so, we have systems in place to deal with them.

You've done a nice job structuring this thread with little rules and exceptions that will discredit anyone else's point.

But just for the record, Nazi's and ISIS are both vile hate organizations, historically and presently. And because of this, there are many people who react to their presence and their message in a very physical way. It is natural, and should be expected.

So your vote is for anarchist and vigilante justice? I'm offended by folks that let their pants droop so low they show half their underwear, BTW that is not limited to blacks, do I have a right to knock them up side the head?

No. I am not in favor of violence at all. I am just saying that I do not blame those who react forcefully when incited by the overwhelming presence of that which they despise.

And a group of large white men with Nazi flags angrily chanting "Jews will not replace us" and marching with torches would qualify as an "overwhelming presence"

If it was just one guy doing the same thing, an attack on him would be simple assault.

Again, I don't condone the violence, but I can understand why it happened in this case.

We as citizens are guaranteed certain rights both under our Constitution and laws. We are guaranteed the right to peaceably assemble and express our views and opinions and not be molested by the government or other citizens. When we start allowing a mob to veto our rights this country is destine for destruction.

Take the emotion out of it and concentrate completely on our system. No matter how repugnant a persons views are, no one and I mean no one has the right to physically assault or block the path of peaceful demonstrations. If the demonstrators start getting violent it is the job of law enforcement to deal with the situation. No mob, counter protest or what you chose to call them has the right to deny anyone their constitutionally guaranteed rights. If you want to see the country destroyed, feel free to keep cheering the mob on.

This is not a thread for finger pointing, it is for a discussion on how we preserve our rights and our country.

That is what the far left has done, they do not care about freedom of speech. They only care about their speech!

No. I am not in favor of violence at all. I am just saying that I do not blame those who react forcefully when incited by the overwhelming presence of that which they despise.

And a group of large white men with Nazi flags angrily chanting "Jews will not replace us" and marching with torches would qualify as an "overwhelming presence"

If it was just one guy doing the same thing, an attack on him would be simple assault.

Again, I don't condone the violence, but I can understand why it happened in this case.

Chants? Who is harmed by chants? Confrontation incites violence, wouldn't it be best just to ignore them, let them do their little chants, and they will leave. Don't think for a minute that many of the counter protesters were not there to start trouble, they came armored, and armed with chemical spray, pepper spray, clubs, bats and makeshift flame throwers. No one with a brain can say they were innocents there just to express their opinions, they were there to deny the rights of the opposition and that can't be tolerated in a civil society.

That is what the far left has done, they do not care about freedom of speech. They only care about their speech!

It seems more prevalent on the left, but none are totally innocent in the hypocrisy, there are some on the right that would and have done the same. My point is we can't allow any mob to violate the rights of others.

Forum List

Back