Let us call the trump tantrum what it REALLY WAS....an attempted Coup!

SO...we had an Authoritarian Wannabe that was intent on taking the vote and the will of the people away. This is the same man who wanted his AG to arrest his political opponents in the last few weeks of the election. Now he was prepared to pull out his Dictator magic wand and wish away millions of legal votes. AND THE GOP WAS SITTING ON THEIR HANDS READY TO ALLOW HIM TO DO IT.

Now...tell me how either the GOP or trump can be trusted to govern this country again? The Party of Lincoln has become the Taliban of the United States.
That's classic gaslighting after 4 years of Democrats doing the very thing you're accusing others of doing. Good job.

SO...we had an Authoritarian Wannabe that was intent on taking the vote and the will of the people away. This is the same man who wanted his AG to arrest his political opponents in the last few weeks of the election. Now he was prepared to pull out his Dictator magic wand and wish away millions of legal votes. AND THE GOP WAS SITTING ON THEIR HANDS READY TO ALLOW HIM TO DO IT.

Now...tell me how either the GOP or trump can be trusted to govern this country again? The Party of Lincoln has become the Taliban of the United States.

"legal"

Nothing he has done so far is outside the law.

The simple fact is there simply isn't enough time to prove enough fraud, even if it happened, in the time given between the election and the certifications.

If the fraud is proven a year from now, would you condemn it? Would Biden Step down?

He has had more than ample time to prove his case. The nations top CONSERVATIVE legal teams have all stepped away from this lie of fraud. Can not you see?.....trump has been lying through the entirely of this Regime. It all started when he lied about the size of his inauguration and his hands....and he has not stopped in four years.

You should have gotten a hint when he appointed dye bleeding Rudy to head his case. He was the last attorney in the country who was willing to peddle trump's fraud lie.

There will never be enough fraud proven to overturn this election. The incompetence and audacity of a Narcissistic Sociopath doomed his own re-election when he decided to LIE to the American People about a deadly virus. That is what took trump down. Did God send the Pandemic to save America from Authoritarianism? Think about it.....

Wow, now it "enough fraud to overturn" instead of no fraud.

What a goalpost moving little shit you are.

Don't be a horse's ars....there are always irregularities in the vote...and some fraud was found by committed by REPUBLICANS.

Yet the irregularities that mattered all happened in large Dem controlled areas, and all helped Biden get elected.

Yet the house went more to Republicans, yet many States went more to republicans, yet many republican areas in the States where the cities had issues went more to republicans.

Yet the Senate is a toss-up in a year where Dems had an easier chance of gains.

And all in a year where early and mail in voting made it easier to cheat.
Oh? What was different this year than others that made mail-in ballots easier to cheat?

And harder to keep many from voting with dirty tactics so I guess it evened out.
The gop successes in House races, and even more so in defying State House elections that the Dems expected to win, definitively shows there was no massive cheating with mail in ballots. Trump lost decisively on his response, or non-response, to the virus and possibly his personality. But on other issues, the GOP sort of won. That's the message for both parties going forward. jmo

I think it shows the real reason, or one of the reasons, Trump lost is because of the Republicans who refused to vote for him but voted all GOP down ballot.

Or massive cheating where Dems could do it and hide it.

Nah, old school Republicans that couldn't stand the Trumpybear voted for Biden but couldn't vote Dem down ballot.
Maybe, but the elections showed there was no "massive" voter fraud. Not just the national elections where the dems' only remaining chance at the senate is because of Trump's actions AFTER the election, but the state races. The progressives lost Uuuugely. Trump's dog whistle about blacks taking over the suburbs at best turned off suburban voters, but they sure didn't vote BLM either.

Big failure in progressive messaging. Imo. Defund the Police? How were Republicans not going to use that?

"Attempted coup"? The democrats successfully stole this election, and they did it right in our faces. The political and media wings of the democrat party don't even bother pretending anymore.
The Attempted Coup was Trump trying to get State Legislatures to overrule the vote of the people and appoint him to a second term

Like a true Banana Republic Dictator
It was of Trump's own making, but the Russia investigation seemed to him like a coup. But it may just have been what he viewed as "normal" behavior in his business life was not acceptable behavior in a presidential election.
Inept leadership and an inability to recognize questionable behavior led to the Mueller investigation and Impeachment.

No other President would be that arrogant or ignorant.

but is meaningless because TDS sufferers wouldn't admit to it even if given hard evidence because the purported fraud got them the result they wanted.
They call this a hasty generalization. You are not talking to a TDS sufferer you are talking to me. Nothing in my post even suggests that I'm not willing to say I'm wrong. In fact all the steps I've described are done to precisely find out if I'm wrong. You don't have to even take my word for it. Type in my name and the phrase "I stand corrected" you will find not one but probably dozens.
Even if a year from now, it was proven beyond a doubt, they would probably then justify it as needed to "save our democracy"
How do you know? Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. In my original response did you find any indication I'd justify it? Again a hasty generalization.
I am told to think that people who have said Trump is the worst thing that ever happened to us and must be removed would never ever cheat to remove him. So either they are lying about how bad he is, or they are lying about cheating.
Explain that to me. Are you claiming that you can't think Trump is the worst president in history and simply vote him out legitimately?
Either way, they are lying.
Who is lying? The way I see it, the only people who've been lying so far is Trump's legal team, since they aren't willing to produce the massive amount of evidence they claim to have.

So far I've been very polite to you Marty. Giving you the respect of taking your premise at face value. As far as I can tell, the only person who's doing that so far in this post. If you rather do the name-calling thing, deflect and otherwise try to derail what I say. You are welcome to do so. Just remember my last step. You would personally convince me that I'm right. Give me a piece of information I don't have or a new perspective.

Spot on.

Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

They place party first over country, just as Trump placed is political interests over what was best for the country.

Trump was infamous for his contempt of our democratic institutions, his contempt for the will of the people, and his arrogant authoritarianism as he fought to maintain the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

"legal"

The simple fact is there simply isn't enough time to prove enough fraud, even if it happened, in the time given between the election and the certifications.

If the fraud is proven a year from now, would you condemn it? Would Biden Step down?

He has had more than ample time to prove his case. The nations top CONSERVATIVE legal teams have all stepped away from this lie of fraud. Can not you see?.....trump has been lying through the entirely of this Regime. It all started when he lied about the size of his inauguration and his hands....and he has not stopped in four years.

You should have gotten a hint when he appointed dye bleeding Rudy to head his case. He was the last attorney in the country who was willing to peddle trump's fraud lie.

There will never be enough fraud proven to overturn this election. The incompetence and audacity of a Narcissistic Sociopath doomed his own re-election when he decided to LIE to the American People about a deadly virus. That is what took trump down. Did God send the Pandemic to save America from Authoritarianism? Think about it.....

Don't be a horse's ars....there are always irregularities in the vote...and some fraud was found by committed by REPUBLICANS.

Yet the irregularities that mattered all happened in large Dem controlled areas, and all helped Biden get elected.

Yet the house went more to Republicans, yet many States went more to republicans, yet many republican areas in the States where the cities had issues went more to republicans.

Oh? What was different this year than others that made mail-in ballots easier to cheat?

More of them, more lax rules on acceptance.
"More" does not equate to "easier." "Lax rules," maybe.

If PROGS aint projecting they lyin'

74 Million didn't. That's a hung jury, not a conviction.
Juries need to be unanimous

Elections don't
That's below Marty's limited IQ.

:abgg2q.jpg:

I showed your reference to be flawed, and you won't admit it.
Uh, no, there was no flaw as my reference was not about a criminal conviction but a political conviction. Just like the U.S. Senate can vote to convict an impeached president which does not end with a hung jury; the U.S. electorate voted to convict where the Republican-led Senate wouldn't.

Considering that he attempted to strong arm an ally, with US foreign aid, into performing a political favor and corrupt act, and the Banana Republicans accepted that corruption. Why would they consider him inappropriately injecting himself into a few states legislatures a corruption problem?

Wow, back to calling usual political maneuvering some sort of crime....

but but but somehow its different when Trump does it because of "reasons"

When did I call those acts a crime? The corrupt acts I described are not usual political maneuverings. They are not crimes codified in laws because nobody ever thought a President, or should I say a political party, would let a President get away with such blatant corruption.

But I suppose if Nixon had Faux News, the party might haave stood behind him.

Corruption is a crime. Again, are you saying no president has ever used foreign aid to get a country to do what it wants them to do?

Isn't that the whole fucking purpose of foreign aid?
the purpose of foreign aid is certainly not to get the foreign country to sling mud for you against your likely opponent. lol.

Wow, talk about being ignorant.
you want to make the case that foreign aid is for that purpose, fatso? i would not be surprised.

It's always been the case, it's just different for Trump because of "reasons"
The “reasons” in this case were Trump demanding personal favors in return for military aid.

Got him impeached

Beating Hillary got him Impeached.
Bullshit. Soliciting a foreign national to help with his re-election is what got him impeached.

That was a real head scratcher, huh

"legal"

And harder to keep many from voting with dirty tactics so I guess it evened out.
The gop successes in House races, and even more so in defying State House elections that the Dems expected to win, definitively shows there was no massive cheating with mail in ballots. Trump lost decisively on his response, or non-response, to the virus and possibly his personality. But on other issues, the GOP sort of won. That's the message for both parties going forward. jmo

I think it shows the real reason, or one of the reasons, Trump lost is because of the Republicans who refused to vote for him but voted all GOP down ballot.

Nah, old school Republicans that couldn't stand the Trumpybear voted for Biden but couldn't vote Dem down ballot.
Maybe, but the elections showed there was no "massive" voter fraud. Not just the national elections where the dems' only remaining chance at the senate is because of Trump's actions AFTER the election, but the state races. The progressives lost Uuuugely. Trump's dog whistle about blacks taking over the suburbs at best turned off suburban voters, but they sure didn't vote BLM either.

Big failure in progressive messaging. Imo. Defund the Police? How were Republicans not going to use that?

That was a head scratcher, huh? I feel the Democrats could have lost more House seats with such an insanely obvious gift to the GOP. I kept asking, what does this mean?

Spot on.

They place party first over country, just as Trump placed is political interests over what was best for the country.

Trump was infamous for his contempt of our democratic institutions, his contempt for the will of the people, and his arrogant authoritarianism as he fought to maintain the tyranny of Republican minority rule.

We were one man in Michigan, who thankfully has a conscious, from a true Constitutional Crisis. And what was Moscow Mitch and the GOP leadership doing while trump was roaring ahead with his coup attempt? They were sitting on their hands.

One day, I will tell my grandkids, "We had a dark period in the country when a Dictator Wannabe was preparing to turn the US into an Authoritarian Regime. The Republican Party did nothing to stop him."

Considering that he attempted to strong arm an ally, with US foreign aid, into performing a political favor and corrupt act, and the Banana Republicans accepted that corruption. Why would they consider him inappropriately injecting himself into a few states legislatures a corruption problem?

When did I call those acts a crime? The corrupt acts I described are not usual political maneuverings. They are not crimes codified in laws because nobody ever thought a President, or should I say a political party, would let a President get away with such blatant corruption.

Corruption is a crime. Again, are you saying no president has ever used foreign aid to get a country to do what it wants them to do?

the purpose of foreign aid is certainly not to get the foreign country to sling mud for you against your likely opponent. lol.

you want to make the case that foreign aid is for that purpose, fatso? i would not be surprised.

The “reasons” in this case were Trump demanding personal favors in return for military aid.

Got him impeached

Extortion got him impeached
Republicans were willing to look the other way
America was not.

2041799018usa-american-flag-gif-3.gif

That was a real head scratcher, huh

"legal"

That was a head scratcher, huh? I feel the Democrats could have lost more House seats with such an insanely obvious gift to the GOP. I kept asking, what does this mean?
And I don't really see that the dem progressives see that they lost the middle. The dems won Uggely in 18 on health care and educ costs, but in 20 they were fighting about Medicare for All and when cops are justified in using deadly force.

Got him impeached

Extortion got him impeached
Republicans were willing to look the other way

Extortion wasn't proved.
1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Got him impeached
AND... it cost him the election against Biden, who he was trying to eliminate from the race with that extortion. That reveals Impeached Trump knew who his main rival was.

Dem dirty tricks probably cost him the election. and you would be OK with that because you got the result you wanted.

You just won't admit it.
Liar. I would not be ok with that.

Spot on.

We were one man in Michigan, who thankfully has a conscious, from a true Constitutional Crisis. And what was Moscow Mitch and the GOP leadership doing while trump was roaring ahead with his coup attempt? They were sitting on their hands.

One day, I will tell my grandkids, "We had a dark period in the country when a Dictator Wannabe was preparing to turn the US into an Authoritarian Regime. The Republican Party did nothing to stop him."
well, I think it was more about the gop elected officials only walked the plank when they either had to do so or give up on the Republic. I think some good people will lose elected offices in Mich, Pa and Ariz

Does anyone still remember any person named in Profiles in Courage? JFK RFK and MLKjr were all murdered. But the little guys mentioned in the book? I can't name one. The guy who voted to not remove Andrew Johnson from the potus … can't remember the name.

I ask you again....WHY should the voters trust the GOP to govern this country again, after seeing them bow to an attempted Coup?

I think a better question for Democrats is why so many voters did trust Trumps Banana Republicans. Imo, messaging from the alt-right hits their targets better than the left? "Defund the Police" Tying "BLM to the riots" with a continuous loop of the riots., as well as playing on the fears of Socialist Dictators to the Latino population.

Dems need better messaging. Their reasoning is sound, but it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker.

Perhaps there is a sickness that pervades this country. Trump appealed to this sickness. Call it a cult, but it's something worse.

The same sort of sickness pervaded Germany in the 1930s. But hell, the Germans had lost millions of people in WW I and suffered years of economic devastation.

So WTF is the Republican's problem? Massive spoiled-brat syndrome?

but is meaningless because TDS sufferers wouldn't admit to it even if given hard evidence because the purported fraud got them the result they wanted.
They call this a hasty generalization. You are not talking to a TDS sufferer you are talking to me. Nothing in my post even suggests that I'm not willing to say I'm wrong. In fact all the steps I've described are done to precisely find out if I'm wrong. You don't have to even take my word for it. Type in my name and the phrase "I stand corrected" you will find not one but probably dozens.
Even if a year from now, it was proven beyond a doubt, they would probably then justify it as needed to "save our democracy"
How do you know? Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. In my original response did you find any indication I'd justify it? Again a hasty generalization.
I am told to think that people who have said Trump is the worst thing that ever happened to us and must be removed would never ever cheat to remove him. So either they are lying about how bad he is, or they are lying about cheating.
Explain that to me. Are you claiming that you can't think Trump is the worst president in history and simply vote him out legitimately?
Either way, they are lying.
Who is lying? The way I see it, the only people who've been lying so far is Trump's legal team, since they aren't willing to produce the massive amount of evidence they claim to have.

So far I've been very polite to you Marty. Giving you the respect of taking your premise at face value. As far as I can tell, the only person who's doing that so far in this post. If you rather do the name-calling thing, deflect and otherwise try to derail what I say. You are welcome to do so. Just remember my last step. You would personally convince me that I'm right. Give me a piece of information I don't have or a new perspective.
Marty "Sour Grapes" Began is just a sore loser. He's just muddling through phase III of depression.

I'd say the Dems have already attempted a coup with the fraudulent election we just had.

34 judges, many of them Trump appointees, didn't find any fraud.
Do you think you know more than 34 federal judges?
Probably, ....the arrogance and ignorance of Trumptards never ceases to amaze me.

Well I'd say hundreds of signed affidavits and Dominion giving 6,000 Trump votes to Biden equals fraud wouldn't you??

Oh they caught the 6,000 but one had to wonder how many they didn't catch.

Loads of fishy shit in this election and those hundreds of signed affidavits, signed by both Rep and Dem watchers sure are telling.

I'd say the Dems have already attempted a coup with the fraudulent election we just had.

34 judges, many of them Trump appointees, didn't find any fraud.
Do you think you know more than 34 federal judges?
Probably, ....the arrogance and ignorance of Trumptards never ceases to amaze me.

Well I'd say hundreds of signed affidavits and Dominion giving 6,000 Trump votes to Biden equals fraud wouldn't you??

Oh they caught the 6,000 but one had to wonder how many they didn't catch.

Loads of fishy shit in this election and those hundreds of signed affidavits, signed by both Rep and Dem watchers sure are telling.
As Richard Hopkins proved, signed affidavits are worthless.

Forum List

Back