Let me tell you something: Science and Politics

It was not long ago that people who thought they were the opposite sex was declared mentally ill by the medical community, as well as those who desired to have sex with their same sex, etc.

I wonder, what scientific breakthrough convinced them it was "normal" and not a disorder?

Anyone?
I wonder when Child mo;esters will be a "Protected" victim class. Trans is a very SERIOUS mental disease which ends in self mutilation.

To me science may be part of the problem. Does science encourage transgender identification? It certainly can make the decision easier.

Without science it still would be the same. A personal decision. The activities that a person choices. Cosmetic fixes is just a way to hide something. Does anyone really need science to make enhancements? Science would say yes because we can do it. If your okay with who you are then it should not be needed.

I am against science mutilating the body for selfish reasons. Now if it is needed to survive a bit longer and allows some level of self sufficiency then okay. It would even be okay for correcting physical deformities . Cosmetic stuff is just wrong on so many levels.
You should do some reading on transsexuality. Apparently you have done none. While your're at it, look up something about intersexuals. This is not about cosmetic surgury, mutilation, or selfishness.

Sorry not interested in reading about it. I am just saying that you are born a certain way .I do not discriminate against transsexuals or homosexuality because of that.

I believe if others did not discriminate or ridicule then it would be perfectly natural for them to live the way they want to live. Acceptance is needed and not medical procedures. There is not a need for medical science to make changes that are not really needed. It is medical cosmetics.

Every now and then, I will post threads beginning with the title "Let me tell you something."

Let me tell you something:

If you "identify" as LGBT, you probably aren't. You either are born that way or you simply aren't. I can say with confidence that I myself am gay. There is a history of that in my family. The indicators are there.

It's the same principle as gender, you're born male or female, identifying as the opposite gender does not make you that gender.

If we extol the sciences to the point of being sacrosanct, then let the science speak on both ends of the ideological spectrum.

That, or don't claim you listen to or respect science. Your choice. But don't lecture me about science if you only pick and choose what parts of it to believe.

(And for those who will undoubtedly bring up climate change: Yes, I believe in climate change, but not in the idea that humans are a direct cause of it. Those views are also backed by science. That is another thread entirely, however. I will not address those arguments here.)
The science on gender isn't as black and white as you want it to be...

Tell you what.

My mental disorder was diagnosed as a chemical imbalance in my brain. More than likely being transgender is the same thing. A chemical miscommunication in the individual's brain.

When someone refuses to acknowledge stark reality, such as being born male or female, that is deemed to be a psychological disorder.

And yes, gender is concrete, it is not fluid. Gender isn't a concept that can be changed based on feeling, it is a natural, physical representation of what sets you apart from other individuals of our species.

The actual SCIENCE disagrees with your feelings on the matter.

Every now and then, I will post threads beginning with the title "Let me tell you something."

If you "identify" as LGBT, you probably aren't. You either are born that way or you simply aren't. I can say with confidence that I myself am gay. There is a history of that in my family. The indicators are there.

It's the same principle as gender, you're born male or female, identifying as the opposite gender does not make you that gender.

If we extol the sciences to the point of being sacrosanct, then let the science speak on both ends of the ideological spectrum.

That, or don't claim you listen to or respect science. Your choice. But don't lecture me about science if you only pick and choose what parts of it to believe.

(And for those who will undoubtedly bring up climate change: Yes, I believe in climate change, but not in the idea that humans are a direct cause of it. Those views are also backed by science. That is another thread entirely, however. I will not address those arguments here.)

Tell you what.

My mental disorder was diagnosed as a chemical imbalance in my brain. More than likely being transgender is the same thing. A chemical miscommunication in the individual's brain.

When someone refuses to acknowledge stark reality, such as being born male or female, that is deemed to be a psychological disorder.

And yes, gender is concrete, it is not fluid. Gender isn't a concept that can be changed based on feeling, it is a natural, physical representation of what sets you apart from other individuals of our species.

The DNA dictates gender. That's science too if you haven't noticed.

Tell you what.

The DNA dictates gender. That's science too if you haven't noticed.

Except it doesn't "dictate" anything. The brain has a say in the matter and the brains of trans people are wired like that of the gender they identify with, not what their "DNA dictates".

To me science may be part of the problem. Does science encourage transgender identification? It certainly can make the decision easier.

Without science it still would be the same. A personal decision. The activities that a person choices. Cosmetic fixes is just a way to hide something. Does anyone really need science to make enhancements? Science would say yes because we can do it. If your okay with who you are then it should not be needed.

I am against science mutilating the body for selfish reasons. Now if it is needed to survive a bit longer and allows some level of self sufficiency then okay. It would even be okay for correcting physical deformities . Cosmetic stuff is just wrong on so many levels.
You should do some reading on transsexuality. Apparently you have done none. While your're at it, look up something about intersexuals. This is not about cosmetic surgury, mutilation, or selfishness.

Sorry not interested in reading about it. I am just saying that you are born a certain way .I do not discriminate against transsexuals or homosexuality because of that.

I believe if others did not discriminate or ridicule then it would be perfectly natural for them to live the way they want to live. Acceptance is needed and not medical procedures. There is not a need for medical science to make changes that are not really needed. It is medical cosmetics.
You realy,realy.realy should learm more before you continue to spout nonsence and make yourself look foolish

It was not long ago that people who thought they were the opposite sex was declared mentally ill by the medical community, as well as those who desired to have sex with their same sex, etc.

I wonder, what scientific breakthrough convinced them it was "normal" and not a disorder?

Anyone?
Not "science" at all. At least not biological science. It is more about enlightenment. Societal Evolution or as I like to say, the evolving standards of human decency
IOW, science is sacrosanct until it interferes with politics. Kind of like pretending an unborn child somehow isn't human until a lawyer fairy sprinkles his magic dust.

Anyone?
Maybe because there have been homosexuals as long as there has been humans on this earth and we finally realized that all human behaviors exist on a continuum and as such all human behaviors are normal behaviors.

You realy,realy.realy should learm more before you continue to spout nonsence and make yourself look foolish

DITTO

Forum List

Back