Let Him Go

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Pretty good. A bit predictable, a few surprises, but the journey of watching it was better than most in movies like this. Certainly a far-far cry better than whatever most recent Liam Neeson "rescue someone" movie.
Like pretty much every Hollywood movie post 2000, there are a number of "subliminal" messaging... women are smarter and care more, men are basically creatures of violence that follow women's orders.
But looking past that it is entertaining, a bit absurd at times.... but not too bad. You might enjoy it.

I think I'd LIKE that- hope somebody picks it up cause I ain't going to a theater-

You don't have to. Just get the Fandango channel, buy a ticket, and watch at home.
The Fandango channel? WTH is that?

I dropped cable because costs were getting out of hand and I had to pay fro crap I didn't watch- I pay for live streaming sprint car races (World of Outlaws and All Star Circuit of Champions) and have ROKU and I pay for Amazon Prime- if I ain't careful costs will be up in the 100 dollar a month range leaving me right back where I started-

Some movies are better seen on the big screen in a theater, It loses something at home on the T.V. or Computer screen.

You don't have to. Just get the Fandango channel, buy a ticket, and watch at home.
The Fandango channel? WTH is that?

I dropped cable because costs were getting out of hand and I had to pay fro crap I didn't watch- I pay for live streaming sprint car races (World of Outlaws and All Star Circuit of Champions) and have ROKU and I pay for Amazon Prime- if I ain't careful costs will be up in the 100 dollar a month range leaving me right back where I started-
wait... how can you have a Roku and not know what Fandango is?
Fandango is their sponsored movie channel

Pretty good. A bit predictable, a few surprises, but the journey of watching it was better than most in movies like this. Certainly a far-far cry better than whatever most recent Liam Neeson "rescue someone" movie.
Like pretty much every Hollywood movie post 2000, there are a number of "subliminal" messaging... women are smarter and care more, men are basically creatures of violence that follow women's orders.
But looking past that it is entertaining, a bit absurd at times.... but not too bad. You might enjoy it.

I'm surprised that Mr. N. has not been canceled -- for saying something a few years ago.

I'm surprised that Mr. N. has not been canceled -- for saying something a few years ago.

Mr. N?

how can you have a Roku and not know what Fandango is?
Has it ever occurred to you, I might not watch it?! My youngest son got it for me for Christmas so I could watch MavTv (for live stream 360 sprint car racing) and Dirtvision (World of Outlaws Sprint cars) is now on it, but, you still have to pay a subscription fee, which I do, but, it's less hassle to hook my computer to an HDMI cable-

Some movies are better seen on the big screen in a theater, It loses something at home on the T.V. or Computer screen.
I have a 43" smart tv and a sound bar- it ain't perfect, but, it's pretty dang good-

I can't bring myself to watch anymore Costner movies. Overrated as an actor - Bigly.
No
His "overrated" is what is over rated.
Like all actors he made some poor choices in movies to appear in. Like all actors, even the greats like Hanks, have made some cheap movies that sucked.
But, Costner has done some good ones. Some really good ones.
But for unknown reasons, it seems to be popular to not like him.
I have no idea why. It's not based on his abilities.

No
Like all actors he made some poor choices in movies to appear in. Like all actors, even the greats like Hanks, have made some cheap movies that sucked.

I thought Dances with Wolves was good. But haven't seen one since that really grabbed me. Suggestions?

No

I thought Dances with Wolves was good. But haven't seen one since that really grabbed me. Suggestions?
Open Range is a good watch, and Field of Dreams.

Forum List

Back