Lest we forget, the 1/6 committee isn't the only entity investigating Trump

Normally, the primary question after congressional revelations like those we have heard would be whether there would be federal charges, as in Watergate. Here, the Justice Department may be contemplating possible actions, but Ms. Willis is further along. Her flurry of target letters to Georgians who formed an alternate slate of 2020 presidential electors strongly suggests she is considering charges.

Ms. Willis has operated with calculated urgency since she opened her investigation in February 2021. She has moved from building a prosecution team and conducting voluntary interviews to convening a special grand jury to issuing those target letters (at least 16 of them) to the Republican electors who, despite Mr. Trump’s election loss in the state, covertly met to cast votes for him and submit an alternate electoral slate on Dec. 14.
Target letters typically mark the progression of an inquiry by notifying recipients that they are under active investigation. They also often implicitly push those receiving them to flip — that is, to cooperate against others higher up in a conspiracy early, while the best deals are available. As she proceeds, Ms. Willis has made no secret that she is looking at the man at the top: Mr. Trump.
Even before the hearings, Ms. Willis had two pieces of compelling evidence against the former president. The first was the recording of the conversation on Jan. 2, 2021, in which he urged Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, to “find 11,780 votes.” The second was the phony electoral slate that Trump electors sent to Congress and the National Archives on Dec. 14. No matter what Mr. Trump or his allies may have believed about the election results, they were not permitted to demand the creation of nonexistent votes or to forge official documents.

7 Trump Allies Subpoenaed in Georgia Criminal Investigation

Seven advisers and allies of Donald J. Trump, including Rudolph W. Giuliani and Senator Lindsey Graham, were subpoenaed on Tuesday in the ongoing criminal investigation in Georgia of election interference by Mr. Trump and his associates. The move was the latest sign that the investigation has entangled a number of prominent members of Mr. Trump’s orbit, and may cloud the future for the former president himself.

The subpoenas underscore the breadth of the investigation being conducted by Fani T. Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, which encompasses most of Atlanta. She is weighing a range of charges, according to legal filings, including racketeering and conspiracy, and her inquiry has encompassed witnesses from beyond the state’s borders. The latest round of subpoenas was reported earlier by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

7 Trump Allies Subpoenaed in Georgia Criminal Investigation

It is in this case that Don's most effective defense may be to claim he was delusional at the time he tried to persuade Raffensberger to join the attempted coup plot.
Are you investigating his worn underwear you find in the hamper? I can envision you fondling and sniffing each pair you handle as if it were like a drug you cannot get enough of.

You want it to be on the folks in charge, but it isn't. As I explained. But simpleton.......so it went over your head.
Yes, the "buck stops here" - the folks running the Govt. Sorry. I get that Xiden and the demafacist want to blame the private sector...trump, putin, shoot....they blame the minority party...anyone but their own policies that they put in place.....sad...but not atypical of leftist tyrants

Yes, the "buck stops here" - the folks running the Govt. Sorry. I get that Xiden and the demafacist want to blame the private sector...trump, putin, shoot....they blame the minority party...anyone but their own policies that they put in place.....sad...but not atypical of leftist tyrants
Supply chain constraints, the Fed's mistake of waiting too long to raise rates, and Putin's invasion of Ukraine, all out of Biden's control, exacerbated inflation.......yes or no?

Supply chain constraints and Putin's invasion of Ukraine, both out of Biden's control, exacerbated inflation.......yes or no?
well supply chain issues weren't out of his or the Dems in general, control....and it certainly made things worse. I don't disagree that he can't control Putin....but Putin knew he was weak and decided to invade when he did.

The dems war, and Xiden's vow to end the fossil fuel industry hurt the most.

Again, these are all Xiden dem issues.

well supply chain issues weren't out of his or the Dems in general, control....and it certainly made things worse. I don't disagree that he can't control Putin....but Putin knew he was weak and decided to invade when he did.

The dems war, and Xiden's vow to end the fossil fuel industry hurt the most.

Again, these are all Xiden dem issues.
I knew it was just a matter of time before you made indefensible assertions. Ones you can't prove.

well, sure we get they made it political....but it was the career civil servants they were attacking, and underming trust in the FDA....because everyone (or I at least hope the vast majority) realize that it's the FDA, not Trump that approved it....
You Sir are a brainwashed functional moron. All they said was against Trump's veracity period end of story they had no complaints about the vaccine the CDC recommended, they know fauchy and scientists are not liars.

New Topics

Forum List

Back