'Lesco Brandon....Lesco Brandon....Paging Lesco Brandon.....'

Indeed, just a few short years ago, CNN (which won't discuss FJB or Let's Go Brandon at all) considered this newsworthy:

View attachment 557018
trump ice cream (1).jpg

Joe Biden and every voter who voted for him, dead or alive are the laughing stock(double entendre there) of the world. Joe is so stupid, but his voters are even more stupid.

View attachment 557012

You really have to be a real dumbass idiot to have thought in 2020 that Joe Potatohead was going to somehow do a good job as President. A real dimwit.

Considering the phrase was coined by a reporter trying to deflect from the crowd chanting 'get fucked Biden', just WHO is the 'deplorable'?
So when SHillary used the term she was taking it from this mythical reporter?

Unless you have a valid citation to back up this claim, sounds like more fabrication escaping from your rectum.

Unless you have a valid citation to back up this claim, sounds like more fabrication escaping from your rectum.
Liar, I saw the reporter saying it. Troll gone.

starts at the 7 second mark.

Nobody said that.

Liar, I saw the reporter saying it. Troll gone.

starts at the 7 second mark.

You must have flunked reading comprehension when going through the California education system.

Here's the context of "deplorables" in my post;
Hillary Clinton’s elitist sneer at roughly a quarter of the American populace went much further than her instantly memorable “basket of deplorables” line. The full quote ran as follows:

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic – you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric.
Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

“Irredeemable?” That’s not a very Christian thing to say. Does she think radical Islamists who haven’t actually committed violent terrorism yet are “irredeemable?” What about radical Islamists who have carried out attacks? Rioters and looters? Come to think of it, Democrats are working hard on restoring voting rights to felons, so they seem to think a number of felony offenses are more redeemable than “offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric,” which is a rather elastic classification in liberal hands.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The comments have rocketed around the Internet, infuriated conservatives and threaten to once again throw salt in the wound of the American cultural divide in a presidential election that has seen vitriol and insults, fueled by Donald Trump, that have become the norm. The remarks also remind of inflammatory remarks in recent presidential elections on both sides — from Barack Obama's assertion in 2008 that people in small towns are "bitter" and "cling to guns or religion," to Mitt Romney's 2012 statement that 47 percent of Americans vote for Democrats because they are "dependent upon government" and believe they are "victims," to his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan's comment that the country is divided between "makers and takers."

Here are Clinton's full remarks, per reporter Ruby Cramer at Buzzfeed:

"I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don't get complacent, don't see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he's done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment.

"You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? [Laughter/applause]. The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

"But the other basket, the other basket, and I know because I see friends from all over America here. I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas, as well as you know New York and California. But that other basket of people who are people who feel that government has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they are just desperate for change. It doesn't really even matter where it comes from. They don't buy everything he says but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won't wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they're in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

Elitism and generalizations

Clinton's remarks, like Obama's in 2008, smacked of liberal elitism — liberals talking to liberals about a group of people they don't really know or hang out with, but feel free to opine about when talking to each other.

Note, this was back during the 2016 election that I was referring to, not a recent NASCAR event. :icon_rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Last edited:
????

Hillary did NOT get the word 'deplorables' from that reporter.

Why would you even connect the two?
My number 16 post was in response to #5 of this thread.
You and Miketx showed the shortfall of reading comprehension and context and tossed in this unrelated NASCAR link.

Go back, read #5, then #16 and the chain of distortions there after and you might understand #33.

My number 16 post was in response to #5 of this thread.
You and Miketx showed the shortfall of reading comprehension and context and tossed in this unrelated NASCAR link.

Go back, read #5, then #16 and the chain of distortions there after and you might understand #33.

or calling Obama obummer.
Name calling is childish. you guys took it to a whole new level.

What do you expect from the basket of deplorables ???
Shame you didn't quote what you were responding to.

I guess we're supposed to read minds?

Lean closer to your monitor, to make it easier for us.

Shame you didn't quote what you were responding to.

I guess we're supposed to read minds?

Lean closer to your monitor, to make it easier for us.

Do you not understand how the mechanics of this forum work?

I did "quote"; my post #16 was a "reply" to #5 by "Billyboom". It leads off with that post as "quote" at the start. Heck, you even endorsed that post of mine.

That should be clear to you given the way this forum is structured. My reply was drawing from recent past~history of the distortions common to the Loonie Left in these matters of basic ideology.

I've no obligation to make it easier for you when assuming you might have basic adult education and cyber skills. I was operating within the nominal parameters of how this forum is structured.

Excuse I didn't put some form of "sarcasm alert" along with, maybe if there was an emoji for such I might have to make it simple for you.

How the heck do you become a "staff member" and "moderator" if you fail at this basic grasp of systems. ???

Forum List

Back