LEGO to suspend the promotion of police and emergency vehicle toys

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Someone please tell me we are living in a alternate universe, and any minute our planet returns to some form of sanity.

LEGO Pulls Police Playset Marketing Amid Protests Against George Floyd’s Death
by : Emma Rosemurgey on : 04 Jun 2020 13:47

LEGO has pulled its police playset, along with several other sets, amid the protests against the death of George Floyd and racial injustice within law enforcement.
The LEGO Group sent an email to its marketing agency, Rakuten Linkshare, requesting the removal of more than 30 LEGO building sets that feature police officers, firefighters, emergency vehicles and buildings.
Among those to go are the LEGO City Police Station, Police Dog Unit, Patrol Car, Fire Station, Fire Plane, Mobile Command Centre, Police Highway Arrest and several others. The brand has even chosen to axe the Doughnut Shop Opening set because it contains Police Officer Duke DeTain and ‘Crook’ minifigures.

Someone please tell me we are living in a alternate universe, and any minute our planet returns to some form of sanity.

LEGO has pulled its police playset, along with several other sets, amid the protests against the death of George Floyd and racial injustice within law enforcement.
The LEGO Group sent an email to its marketing agency, Rakuten Linkshare, requesting the removal of more than 30 LEGO building sets that feature police officers, firefighters, emergency vehicles and buildings.
Among those to go are the LEGO City Police Station, Police Dog Unit, Patrol Car, Fire Station, Fire Plane, Mobile Command Centre, Police Highway Arrest and several others. The brand has even chosen to axe the Doughnut Shop Opening set because it contains Police Officer Duke DeTain and ‘Crook’ minifigures.

UnF*CKINGbelievable. Just pathetic AND pitiful.

Poor baby. Still building your collection?

But after digging further...………...…………......

LEGO

@LEGO_Group

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1268573805577998336

We’ve seen incorrect reports saying we’ve removed some LEGO sets from sale. To be clear, that is not the case and reports otherwise are false. Our intention was to temporarily pause digital advertising in response to events in the US. We hope this clears things up.
♥️

Ok folks, it appears I've posted a fake story. I should have dug deeper before I posted the thread. I do apologize.

Brad Parscale Falsely Accuses LEGO of Pulling Police Playsets

UnF*CKINGbelievable. Just pathetic AND pitiful.
So you'd believe it as a matter of course.

Forum List

Back