Legislation Would Enable 50-Year-Old Americans To Qualify For Medicare

This is a good piece of legislation. It will help all Americans. Not just those who qualify to buy into Medicare.

It helps those who are below the age of 50 by taking more people who need health care out of the insurance pool thus premiums for those below 50 can be lower.

Unfortunately I have no hope that this will pass the republican non stop filibuster in the Senate. The only way to get this bill passed into law is to remove the filibuster which I don't support.

I do support democracy and wish the republicans in our Senate would stop with the non stop filibuster to let democracy finally return to the Senate.

Those in their 50s are at the height of their earning power and many of their parents are dead and have claims to estates. This makes little sense for federally subsidized healthcare.

It makes perfect sense as it stops cost shifting and supports a healthy workforce. Medicare is paid for by Payroll Taxes.
It's fucking stupid to give welfare to the richest age demographic. As a bleeding heart liberal you should get that.

This is a good piece of legislation. It will help all Americans. Not just those who qualify to buy into Medicare.

It helps those who are below the age of 50 by taking more people who need health care out of the insurance pool thus premiums for those below 50 can be lower.

Unfortunately I have no hope that this will pass the republican non stop filibuster in the Senate. The only way to get this bill passed into law is to remove the filibuster which I don't support.

I do support democracy and wish the republicans in our Senate would stop with the non stop filibuster to let democracy finally return to the Senate.

Those in their 50s are at the height of their earning power and many of their parents are dead and have claims to estates. This makes little sense for federally subsidized healthcare.

It makes perfect sense as it stops cost shifting and supports a healthy workforce. Medicare is paid for by Payroll Taxes.
It's fucking stupid to give welfare to the richest age demographic. As a bleeding heart liberal you should get that.
Federal supremacy is built on feelZ. Not logic and reasoning.

Don't Democrats use the same filibuster rule? Is it only wrong for Republicans to block legislation?

Govt destroyed healthcare and people think its a good idea when they expand it LMAO
You simply cant make this shit up!

Healthcare is still private delivery.. an its an excellent system.. Are you a physician or hospital administrator?

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Europe and Scandinavia all have universal healthcare.. Are Americans too stupid to pull it off?

Ears and his cohorts tried and fckd it all up

I’m old enough to remember when democrats said the didn’t want universal healthcare. They were in favor of a public option, but that was impossible, so they compromised with themselves (great bunch, huh?) and came up with Obamacare. Republicans warned it was a bridge to universal healthcare. Democrats said thats bullshit. Now universal healthcare doesn’t sound bad to democrats

This just looks like a workaround for Medicare For All. Just keep dropping the age requirements by 14 years every few sessions. If anything, the age at which Medicare is available should be increasing not decreasing.

I am curious as to the number of people that drop their private health insurance once they are eligible for Medicare. I've never met any of them. Might check to make sure you have 50 votes in your own caucus before whinging about the filibuster.

Increases in your private health insurance are all about cost shifting. You pay for the elderly, the chronically ill , the indigent and the million dollar preemies.

Most of the healthcare dollar goes to seniors and premature babies (60%) NOT to young families.

Govt destroyed healthcare and people think its a good idea when they expand it LMAO

Healthcare is still private delivery.. an its an excellent system.. Are you a physician or hospital administrator?

Israel, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Europe and Scandinavia all have universal healthcare.. Are Americans too stupid to pull it off?

I’m old enough to remember when democrats said the didn’t want universal healthcare. They were in favor of a public option, but that was impossible, so they compromised with themselves (great bunch, huh?) and came up with Obamacare. Republicans warned it was a bridge to universal healthcare. Democrats said thats bullshit. Now universal healthcare doesn’t sound bad to democrats

Every civilized country has universal healthcare.

Not America. And we are the gold standard when it comes to healthcare. Plus Medicare is already driving the debt. Having 50 year olds on it is a dumb idea that won’t happen. Universal Healthcare won’t happen for the same reason. We don’t want to go bankrupt

Not America. And we are the gold standard when it comes to healthcare. Plus Medicare is already driving the debt. Having 50 year olds on it is a dumb idea that won’t happen. Universal Healthcare won’t happen for the same reason. We don’t want to go bankrupt

No we aren't the gold standard. Look at the infant and maternal mortality rate.. Look at the diabetic blindness and amputations. You're kidding yourself.

No we aren't the gold standard. Look at the infant and maternal mortality rate.. Look at the diabetic blindness and amputations. You're kidding yourself.

I’d rather be sick here than anywhere in the world. The doctors get paid the most here. We have doctors from all over the world looking to come here and practice medicine. Our schools of medicine are by far and away the best schools on the planet.

Everything you said is caused by circumstances not related to healthcare. It’s not our healthcare systems fault people don’t take care of themselves and it leads to health complications

Universal healthcare in a country our size with the military budget we have is not feasible, nor is it a good idea

I’d rather be sick here than anywhere in the world. The doctors get paid the most here. We have doctors from all over the world looking to come here and practice medicine. Our schools of medicine are by far and away the best schools on the planet.

Everything you said is caused by circumstances not related to healthcare. It’s not our healthcare systems fault people don’t take care of themselves and it leads to health complications

Universal healthcare in a country our size with the military budget we have is not feasible, nor is it a good idea

Foreign doctors have to take our ECFMG exam.. and they kill it whether they are from India, the Carribbean, Sudan or Lebanon.

Foreign doctors have to take our ECFMG exam.. and they kill it whether they are from India, the Carribbean, Sudan or Lebanon.

Point?

People from foreign countries that seek the best in health care com here to America.

They pour across the US Canada frontier when they have to wait 12 years for a procedure in Canada and can get it right away in America.

When Mick Jagger needed Complex Cardiac Surgery, instead of going to the NHS for free, he came to America. And the thing is, the man is incredibly wealthy. He didn't get that way by throwing his money away.

Ditto for Canadian Alex Trebek and his medical challenges with pancreatic cancer. Instead of utilizing the free medicaid of his own nation, he came to America.

Once we get to the 50 year olds, we may as well just cover everyone under Medicare and socialize healthcare.
We'll just add it to the riches tab and free for everyone else. :rolleyes-41:
For the love of God, you liberals are so predictable.

I am not opposed to the idea as long as it is a buy-in program to hedge against the really steep age-steps in premiums older people face.

People from foreign countries that seek the best in health care com here to America.

They pour across the US Canada frontier when they have to wait 12 years for a procedure in Canada and can get it right away in America.

When Mick Jagger needed Complex Cardiac Surgery, instead of going to the NHS for free, he came to America. And the thing is, the man is incredibly wealthy. He didn't get that way by throwing his money away.

Ditto for Canadian Alex Trebek and his medical challenges with pancreatic cancer. Instead of utilizing the free medicaid of his own nation, he came to America.

Do you have the kind of money Mick Jagger or Alex Trebeck have? If you do, you'll get the "gold standard" in America.

Do you have the kind of money Mick Jagger or Alex Trebeck have? If you do, you'll get the "gold standard" in America.
I think you missed the point.

Mick Jagger didn't accumulate his money by pissing it away.

He had to have seen the real value of American medicine, that its definitely worth the money.

If Medicare is so wonderful, why do I see a constant barrage of commercials selling supplemental insurance for all the crap it doesn't cover?

Seems like a rationing scheme and a complicated mess to me.

Mick Jagger didn't accumulate his money by pissing it away.

He had to have seen the real value of American medicine, that its definitely worth the money.

You would NOT get that level of care.

Forum List

Back