Legal Weed Has Led to Teen Abuse

In Oregon ... liquor can only be bought in Liquor-only stores ... pot can only be bought in Pot-only stores ... you have to be 21 just to walk in the outer doors and show ID to get buzzed in the inner doors ......
Majority of pot sales are black market.

Grey market ... seconds and medicinal overgrowth ... buds smaller than your thumb ... the black market stuff is for export, Idaho and Utah mostly ...

In Oregon ... liquor can only be bought in Liquor-only stores ... pot can only be bought in Pot-only stores ... you have to be 21 just to walk in the outer doors and show ID to get buzzed in the inner doors ......
Majority of pot sales are black market.

Grey market ... seconds and medicinal overgrowth ... buds smaller than your thumb ... the black market stuff is for export, Idaho and Utah mostly ...

What's the Grass Tax out in Oregon? Does it push the price for legal grass above untaxed product?

What's the Grass Tax out in Oregon? Does it push the price for legal grass above untaxed product?

20% State and 3% County taxes ... medicinal users are exempt ... vets get a 10% discount ... so I pay $208/oz for the higher grades ... and we're allowed four or five plants for personal use but I don't smoke near enough to bother ... commercial permits are steep, last I checked it was $1,000 for a small bedroom sized grow operation ...

Last edited:

I wasn't aware this thread was strictly about Oregon. But you can buy pot anywhere without a dispensary and in Oregon.

I wasn't aware this thread was strictly about Oregon. But you can buy pot anywhere without a dispensary and in Oregon.

It appears I'm the only one willing to discuss the body of law where pot is legal ... and what is being done to keep kids out of it ... and you're right, kids can get pot anywhere whether legal or not ... letting adults toke doesn't change that one iota ...

20% State and 3% County taxes ... medicinal users are exempt ... vets get a 10% discount ... so I pay $208/oz for the higher grades ... and we're allowed four or five plants for personal use but I don't smoke near enough to bother ... commercial permits are steep, last I checked it was $1,000 for a small bedroom sized grow operation ...

23% of $208 adds up to almost $50.

Sounds like enough for mobsters to move in and counterfeit tax stamps or bring in untaxed grass. They might not have mastered that yet , but they've done it to take advantage of very high cigarette taxes- so I'm sure they are at least working on this new racket.

Oregon has always had mobsters and drug cartels growing up here for retail in California ... and that's still going on and still a felony ... but the stuff is half price in the state-owner store, a whole lot less profit of the criminal gangs ... and most mobsters have too much class to go into politics ...

The ongoing prohibition of weed in large part got its start from racism....period....

Anslinger_Reefer_darkies-1024x574.jpg hqdefaultLSVJ3C05.jpg

The racist origins of marijuana prohibition

Who could Have possibly foreseen this?
Explains the schizophrenic behavior of younger people.

Legal marijuana has led to increased use, risk for abuse among teens
Meanwhile, alcohol use (which is far more dangerous) has lowered among teens. Weed is a wonderful thing indeed!

I don't think alcohol is more dangerous at all, in spite of what liberal neoprohibitionists might say.

Having an occasional adult beverage never killed anyone.
neither did an occasional puff of weed.
Here's a case of a man who deliberately jumped from a higher floor, while under the influence of cannabis, in order to land on a passerby in a mall. An aspiring medical student, she became paralyzed for life:

Paralysed woman forgives man who jumped on her from 120ft at Westfield

So danielpalos this may not be "an occasional puff" and this may not have killed anyone. Only changed the life of a med student who may never walk again but took on the challenge of continuing her dream of becoming a doctor.

I can't say I've heard of alcohol causing paranoid delusions inciting anyone to jump on an unsuspecting victim. The closest I heard to this story was a student who thought it would be a funny prank to spike his friend's drink with LSD, which caused him to hallucinate while walking on stairs, so he stepped where there wasn't anything there, fell to the cement ground and became paralyzed thus losing his athletic scholarship and future career in sports.

The friends I know who have perpetually smoke marijuana have demonstrated a predominant recurring personality trait of paranoid rejection against authority that has obstructed our ability to work on solutions because they can't get past resentful distrust. Whether that's a pre existing condition or a correlated but not causal connection, I've run into this same frustrating problem over and over with people who smoke marijuana and have this same personality conflict. So I've seen this very "stereotype" of people either losing motivation or getting obsessed with rejecting or blaming govt or other external locus in such a reactionary way it becomes obstructionist if not destructive and victimizing.

Who would have ever thought (it's mind blowing, right ?) that if you made pot legal, and available in thousands of places, that usage would go up ?!!!
My god, next they'll be saying that summer brings warmer temperatures !!!

Legalizing booze by repealing prohibition in the 30's did the same thing. People sometimes think that Prohibition was ineffective, but it really was with most Americans. Most places across the fruited plain were small towns and you really had to know people if you wanted to get wasted, and spend a lot more money too. Prohibition wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination and it was probably just as well that it was repealed. But it wasn't an impotent law.

BTW, many geographic subdivisions maintained their "dry" status.

I dunno about that one , BIG PHARMA pays these a-holes to push bs like this in leftist areas.. That way it scares ppl into voting no in the states who want to legalize it......etc.

1587159243689.png

Forum List

Back