Legal Vogue: ..How to Build the Keystone Pipeline Piece by Piece

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
How to build the Keystone Pipeline piece by piece.

1. Start in the really red states, just start building the Pipeline there no matter what anyone says. The Governor, AG and Legislature will get your back.

2. Sue in the more stubborn purple and blue states for your civil right to do business by building the Pipeline sections there too. Upon any resistance, appeal to key conservative judges and circuit judges to temporarily begin building.

3. Have the US Supreme Court's conservative arm refuse any stays (without explanation) these stubborn states win so that construction can continue unfettered on those segments of the Pipeline.

4. Wait for the issue to make it to the US Supreme Court. Do some postponing tactics so the interim vague period allows you plenty of time to build those segments of Pipeline against the states' will that you're building in...with federal blessings/stay refusals.

5. Photo op Justice Scalia and Thomas with shovels breaking ground on pipeline work in the red states that agreed to legalize the Pipeline sections there as part of your PR campaign to show the public that the Pipeline is inevitable..so they should just stop being stubborn and get with the program. Their concerns are petty compared to the "great benefits the Pipeline will bring!".

6. Upon the final Hearing on the matter, nudge your conservative pals in SCOTUS to declare upon Finding that "there are so many segments of the Pipeline now complete or near completion that we have to force the states federally to accept the completion".

7. Join the segments together and voila! You have the Keystone Pipeline.

You're welcome. Though I must say the idea wasn't mine...

Good grief, is their a topic you can't turn into about gay marriage? Broken record.

Pro-pipeline people realize it's a Canadian pipeline profting them right? Not a US pipeline.

Who cares? Build it in segments against the Will of the People and have SCOTUS put a stamp of approval on it after they deny stays "because it's already happening anyway"...

It seems a proven formula for success for any project that's repugnant to states.

Good grief, is their a topic you can't turn into about gay marriage? Broken record.
Are you saying that gay marriage is being taken from the states' jurisdiction to decide in exactly the same manner mdk? :popcorn:

Are you saying that gay marriage is being taken from the states' jurisdiction to decide in exactly the same manner mdk? :popcorn:

No, that isn't what I am saying. States still have a big say on marriage but that say is subject to certain constitutional guarantees. I know all roads lead back to gay marriage with you but this tie-in is silly even by your standards.

No, that isn't what I am saying. States still have a big say on marriage but that say is subject to certain constitutional guarantees. I know all roads lead back to gay marriage with you but this tie-in is silly even by your standards.
A big say on marriage? How does the meritless and shadowy/unexplained denial of a stay on interim law (state's choice maintaining the definition of marriage) allow states a "big say"?

That's like saying a rape victim tied up with duct tape over her mouth has a "big say" on her sexual choices becaues her rapist isn't saying anything while he quietly has his way with her.

Do you have a problem with the way one could build the Keystone Pipeline with the OP's formula, say, for the state you live in?

So you expect the pipeline companies to invest millions of dollars and manhours in the HOPES that there will actually be a finished pipeline that they can sell their product to and not lose their ass? They would have to buy the land, buy the materials, and pay their workers, all on speculation. And if the landowners didn't want to sell, would a court back the eminent domain for something that was not even approved?

And what happens when there is a route? The companies that built the section there would just eat the costs? In a contracted build, if the route changes, the contractor is still paid for the work done. But building on spec you would have no recourse.

How to build the Keystone Pipeline piece by piece.

1. Start in the really red states, just start building the Pipeline there no matter what anyone says. The Governor, AG and Legislature will get your back.

2. Sue in the more stubborn purple and blue states for your civil right to do business by building the Pipeline sections there too. Upon any resistance, appeal to key conservative judges and circuit judges to temporarily begin building.

3. Have the US Supreme Court's conservative arm refuse any stays (without explanation) these stubborn states win so that construction can continue unfettered on those segments of the Pipeline.

4. Wait for the issue to make it to the US Supreme Court. Do some postponing tactics so the interim vague period allows you plenty of time to build those segments of Pipeline against the states' will that you're building in...with federal blessings/stay refusals.

5. Photo op Justice Scalia and Thomas with shovels breaking ground on pipeline work in the red states that agreed to legalize the Pipeline sections there as part of your PR campaign to show the public that the Pipeline is inevitable..so they should just stop being stubborn and get with the program. Their concerns are petty compared to the "great benefits the Pipeline will bring!".

6. Upon the final Hearing on the matter, nudge your conservative pals in SCOTUS to declare upon Finding that "there are so many segments of the Pipeline now complete or near completion that we have to force the states federally to accept the completion".

7. Join the segments together and voila! You have the Keystone Pipeline.

You're welcome. Though I must say the idea wasn't mine...

There's no such thing as 'easement rights' for states on adjoining states. So your entire plan just pooped itself.

A big say on marriage? How does the meritless and shadowy/unexplained denial of a stay on interim law (state's choice maintaining the definition of marriage) allow states a "big say"?

This shit again? Dude,. you have like 10 open threads on this topic. And you're having your ass handed to you in all 10 of them.

This shit again? Dude,. you have like 10 open threads on this topic. And you're having your ass handed to you in all 10 of them.

Well none of those are getting the desired traffic so Sil has to start another one. In every thread about gay marriage that she didn't start she attempts to divert the traffic to her threads instead. Not even her anti-gay allies take her very seriously.

Well none of those are getting the desired traffic so Sil has to start another one. In every thread about gay marriage that she didn't start she attempts to divert the traffic to her threads instead. Not even her anti-gay allies take her very seriously.

Shrugs....its the pseudo-legal equivalent of the human centipede.

I'm simply illustrating a tried and proven method to circumvent states' rights to self govern to say the Pipeline could be built incrementally and by force and meritless denial of stays, section by section and then quickly joined when the Court throws its hands in the air and proclaims "well it's nearly finished so we have to allow it!"..

What's good for the goose is good for the gander as they say..

I don't understand how anyone on the far left would have a problem with this incremental shadow-justice eventual federal madate of the Pipeline? The precedent has been set.

I'm simply illustrating a tried and proven method to circumvent states' rights to self govern to say the Pipeline could be built incrementally and by force and meritless denial of stays, section by section and then quickly joined when the Court throws its hands in the air and proclaims "well it's nearly finished so we have to allow it!"..

Actually, your entire legal argument breaks at your assumption of 'easement rights' for States. A state has no such rights to another state's territory.

So your entire argument breaks.

I don't understand how anyone on the far left would have a problem with this incremental shadow-justice eventual federal madate of the Pipeline? The precedent has been set.

The issue appears to be a problem with your pseudo-legal gibberish. As you really don't know what you're talking about.

The other problems aside, who will pay for buying the land, buying the materials, paying for the surveying and engineering, and pay the wages of everyone on the project? You expect someone to shell out millions of dollars in the HOPES that it will be completed and someone will buy it? Because if you build anything less than every single foot of the pipeline, it is worthless.

The Keystone is built. By sections. It's done except for one extension called the XL

That's the hysterical part of this whacked out "mission to save the planet by stopping the Keystone by Super enviro man Obama".

Only XL remains. I guess someone hasn't told him the crude is flowing from Alberta to the Gulf and to mid west refineries.

:lol:

Some one send the man an email so he can stop embarrassing himself saying he just can't have that "dirty oil" polluting the planet. America has been buying it for years.

220px-Keystone-pipeline-route.png

Forum List

Back