Leftists Attack Barry For Ripping 'Defund The Police' Slogan

Defund the police is a slogan of the left

Banana Republicans demand it!

"Defund Chokeholds"

And Remember "Your Life Matters"

I’m not a Republican, I hate the Republican and Democratic parties, they also Obama is the one that is pushing it to be on the down low. Why would he say, You lost a big audience the minute you say it, which makes it a lot less likely that you're actually going to get the changes you want done," Obama said. "The key is deciding, do you want to actually get something done, or do you want to feel good among the people you already agree with?"

Finally, my life is worth no more than anyone else’s, it seems you bigots need to point fingers at others to feel better about yourself.

"Defund Chokeholds"

I’m not a Republican, I hate the Republican and Democratic parties, they also Obama is the one that is pushing it to be on the down low. Why would he say, You lost a big audience the minute you say it, which makes it a lot less likely that you're actually going to get the changes you want done," Obama said. "The key is deciding, do you want to actually get something done, or do you want to feel good among the people you already agree with?"

Finally, my life is worth no more than anyone else’s, it seems you bigots need to point fingers at others to feel better about yourself.

I don't care what you call yourself. Apparently no matter how many democrat candidates disavowed the slogan and claim to support some form of police reform, you feel the slogan should be owned by them forever. He's not pushing for it to be on the down low at all. The slogan is wrong, it was stupid to use it and it caused more damage to the party's election than it did good. Obama's just being trying to be nice. Why give a club to your opposition to bash you in the head with?

Your life matters and if you think that's bigoted of me, that's on you.

"Defund Chokeholds"

I don't care what you call yourself. Apparently no matter how many democrat candidates disavowed the slogan and claim to support some form of police reform, you feel the slogan should be owned by them forever. He's not pushing for it to be on the down low at all. The slogan is wrong, it was stupid to use it and it caused more damage to the party's election than it did good. Obama's just being trying to be nice. Why give a club to your opposition to bash you in the head with?

Your life matters and if you think that's bigoted of me, that's on you.
Forever? Lol! You are a drama queen aren’t you? I find Obama’s quote very interesting. He didn’t say it wasn’t true, he said for them not to say it, so they can get elected and then they can go forward and get what they want done.

I think the slogan is stupid, but I don’t think a.l Democrats are that stupid to believe it. I don’t think Biden believes it, but there are lefties that do believe it, check out Seattle.

And it is bigoted and that is on you, my life doesn’t matter anymore than yours or anyone else.

my life doesn’t matter anymore than yours or anyone else.

I hardly assigned a greater significance to your life over any one else's life by saying your life matters? I wouldn't say it matters anymore to me than any other stranger. But it still matters.

Maybe before people start yapping about defunding the police blacks should stop shooting and killing blacks as if its opening day of hunting season. I am willing to bet more black people shoot black people in Chicago then police shoot black people in the entire country.
Apparently a black man shooting a black man Is gangstra cool, yet when a police officer shots a perp it’s racism. Obama is and remains nothing more than a political organizer promoting racism as an excuse for those unwilling to work in bettering their lives.
YOU are now comparing police to gangsters in the most crime-ridden neighborhoods in the U.S.! And for you information, nobody in the Democratic Party thinks “a black man shooting a black man is gangsta cool”! Again, that is YOU talking through your ass.
Absolutely false, read what was written, the police are not the gangsters, they are the only remaining line of defense, yet in your pathetic world a police officer that employees deadly force is guilty if the person shot is black. As for the Democratic Party their record speaks for itself, one of absolute failure, they are only focused on the fact a police officer used deadly force as a last resort against a black man, yet they along with their propaganda machine never raise their voice when a black man kills a black man. Look at the numbers, do yourself a favor, and talk to those living in the hell created by your esteem leaders.

disagreement is healthy....I cheer for the left but I disagree with them on many issues. It is only dangerous when one follow one person blindly, it's called cultism

...the person - OR PARTY!

I hardly assigned a greater significance to your life over any one else's life by saying your life matters? I wouldn't say it matters anymore to me than any other stranger. But it still matters.

Then why say it at all, there had to be a reason?

To make you ask questions.

So your posts are mindless dribble, that is what I thought from the start, I was hoping you were a smart person that actually knew something. I won’t make that mistake again.

Actually, I think it does ... within limits of course. This is not a national slogan.
Demilitarization of the police will require civilian law enforcement officers to rethink their instinct to pattern their behavior around the tenets of militarism and proclivity to to adopt the equipment, operational tactics, and mindset of the active duty military which seems unlikely to me absent regular criminal prosecutions of rogue police officer.
Policing-Evergreen-hero_high-res-1600x555.jpg

I suspect that's about as likely as leftists admitting the moral distinction between the deaths of Michael Brown and George Floyd?

Militarization of Police In the United States | Charles Koch Institute

Then why say it at all, there had to be a reason?

To make you ask questions.

So your posts are mindless dribble, that is what I thought from the start, I was hoping you were a smart person that actually knew something. I won’t make that mistake again.

It was just three words that you chose to quibble over. If "Your Life Matters" bothers you, it must suck to be you.

How does striking fear into a bunch of white people clustered in the burbs and rural areas going to help anyone? These people literally think the police are going to be put out of work and with a slogan like "defund the police" I kind of can't blame them.
I was actually referring to the rogue and lawless police who the term is referring to/aimed at.

However, if there's some white people in the burbs who are so stricken by fear of that term, I have little to no sympathy for them, as my sympathy and empathy lies w/those who have been suffering under lawless cops getting away w/severely ruining or taking away the lives of unarmed blacks and other minorities for little to no reason. Without consequence.

So while some claim to be so concerned w/a mere slogan that they're wringing their hands in fear, my concern is w/those who are losing their lives by an armed, State-sanctioned oppressive gang of thugs in blue.

When Republicans run around the place using terms like "defund education" no one seems to bat an eye at that, they understand what it means, and there's still teachers in existence, so I seriously don't understand why people are pretending not to get what "defund the police" means.

I have my guesses though.
.....cops murder MAYBE--2 people per year....let's go high and say it's 10
...blacks murder over 3000 per year
your point is beyond ridiculous

.cops murder MAYBE--2 people per year....let's go high and say it's 10
There has been only 16 days in 2020 when police have not killed civilians. Police have a legal authority to resort to deadly violence when it's called for; civilians don't. 98% of the time when police kill a civilian there is no accountability. Compare that to conviction rates for Blacks accused of homicide in spite of the fact very few of those civilians ever receive a jury trial. Rogue cops are a much greater threat to society than criminal civilians.

Actually, I think it does ... within limits of course. This is not a national slogan.
Demilitarization of the police will require civilian law enforcement officers to rethink their instinct to pattern their behavior around the tenets of militarism and proclivity to to adopt the equipment, operational tactics, and mindset of the active duty military which seems unlikely to me absent regular criminal prosecutions of rogue police officer.
Policing-Evergreen-hero_high-res-1600x555.jpg

I suspect that's about as likely as leftists admitting the moral distinction between the deaths of Michael Brown and George Floyd?

Thanks for the Koch Institute article on “Militarization of the Police.” It is a rather conservative but I think basically accurate view of what is going on in law enforcement all across the nation. I quote from the article:

“Over 8,000 law enforcement agencies have utilized the 1033 program to access more than $6 billion worth of military equipment such as night-vision goggles, machine guns, armored vehicles, bayonets, grenade launchers, and military aircraft....

“The increased use of military equipment has coincided with an increased use of military tactics, such as SWAT teams and no-knock raids, by law enforcement agencies. In recent years, police departments from Ferguson, Charlotte, and Southampton have received criticism for their use of military tactics. One study found that use of paramilitary-style teams by law enforcement increased by more than 1,400 percent since 1980.”

.cops murder MAYBE--2 people per year....let's go high and say it's 10
There has been only 16 days in 2020 when police have not killed civilians. Police have a legal authority to resort to deadly violence when it's called for; civilians don't. 98% of the time when police kill a civilian there is no accountability. Compare that to conviction rates for Blacks accused of homicide in spite of the fact very few of those civilians ever receive a jury trial. Rogue cops are a much greater threat to society than criminal civilians.
thank you!!!!!!! killing is not the same as MURDER--you fked up
1. most of the time police are defending themselves
2. even the Floyd death was NOT murder.....
there is no problem of police killing, much less murder--all explained/stats/etc in my thread:

Thanks for the Koch Institute article on “Militarization of the Police.” It is a rather conservative but I think basically accurate view of what is going on in law enforcement all across the nation. I quote from the article:
Thank you for taking the time to read my link (more closely than I did, I confess) I was struck my Koch's prescription for curing this problem:

"It is law enforcement’s role to guard the public against criminal wrongdoers and restore order, but officers should avoid the use of excessive force, ensure individual due process protections, and respect the moral dignity of every person.

"In recent years, law enforcement agencies across the country have increasingly adopted tactics, equipment, and a culture that is more akin to those seen in the branches of our military."

I first began paying attention to this problem in August of 1965
Remembering-the-Watts-Riots-Look-back-at-the-first-reports-from-the-scene-1965.jpg

At that time LAPD recruited heavily on US military bases located in southern states. Overwhelming those hired were White, bigoted vets who had cut their teeth (so to speak) in Vietnam.

Things have improved to a certain extent, but there is an undeniable need to reform police practices before a far more competent autocrat arrives in the White House.

Remembering the Watts Riots: Look back at the first reports from the scene (1965)

hank you!!!!!!! killing is not the same as MURDER--you fked up
Relax.
220px-George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png

Floyd's alleged killer has been charged with second degree murder charges and second degree manslaughter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd#Chauvin_kneels_on_Floyd's_neck

"After Floyd said, 'I'm about to die', Chauvin told him to 'relax'.[67]

"An officer asked Floyd, 'What do you want?'; Floyd answered, 'I can't breathe'.[68] Floyd said, 'Please, the knee in my neck, I can't breathe.'[67]"

hank you!!!!!!! killing is not the same as MURDER--you fked up
Relax.
220px-George_Floyd_neck_knelt_on_by_police_officer.png

Floyd's alleged killer has been charged with second degree murder charges and second degree manslaughter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_George_Floyd#Chauvin_kneels_on_Floyd's_neck

"After Floyd said, 'I'm about to die', Chauvin told him to 'relax'.[67]

"An officer asked Floyd, 'What do you want?'; Floyd answered, 'I can't breathe'.[68] Floyd said, 'Please, the knee in my neck, I can't breathe.'[67]"
so, he has a pistol, wants to kill, and doesn't use it???!!
hahahahahahahahahhahahahha
..witnesses--with video--and he is trying to kill him????!!!!
he was trying to restrain him, not kill him

New Topics

Forum List

Back