Leftists Attack Barry For Ripping 'Defund The Police' Slogan

Right, changes need to happen for sure. But starting off with a slogan that to be honest is way too easy to redefine. I mean all you have to do is just read it without context and it sounds like the left is trying to put the police out of business. It's counter productive when slogans are created that almost seem to be wanting the wrong attention. Yes,, 'defund the police' sounds just like 'defund education' something the majority of people are against.

"Defund the Police" short, sweet and easily fits on a sign or bumper sticker and is used now more by the right than the left and if you don't think they'll take that, run with it and be successful in shooting down any sort of police reforms well, keep watching.
I'd challenge anyone painting Democrats w/that term to point out any candidate that's running on it.

It's the ability of the opposition to use it against the Democrats by developing a false narrative about it.

"Defund Chokeholds"

or Defund s

I can agree with all of that, however the point is to win elections. It's not the fear stricken folks we can reach out to anyway, it's the casual voter who doesn't pay enough attention to understand what 'Defund the Police' means to those who've use it. The Republican propagandists used it to target those casual voters and to make them think the slogan means 'abolish police departments'.
What you're essentially saying is that Democrats are forever victims of whatever Republicans conjure up to label Democrats and are paralyzed by that.

I vehemently reject that notion.

I can agree with all of that, however the point is to win elections. It's not the fear stricken folks we can reach out to anyway, it's the casual voter who doesn't pay enough attention to understand what 'Defund the Police' means to those who've use it. The Republican propagandists used it to target those casual voters and to make them think the slogan means 'abolish police departments'.
What you're essentially saying is that Democrats are forever victims of whatever Republicans conjure up to label Democrats and are paralyzed by that.

I vehemently reject that notion.

Nah, I'm just saying the Democrats need better messaging if they want to beat the Republicans. "Defund the Police" was too ambiguous and the Republicans took advantage of that. A self inflicted wound that needs to be avoided in the future.

They did and they got hammered.
List the ones that did, and provide your sources.

Thanks.

There are about 6 million results on a simple google search. There are millions of more links to prove how wrong you are.

There are about 6 million results on a simple google search. There are millions of more links to prove how wrong you are.

You don't even read your own links.

None of them cited any CANDIDATES as running on "defund the police" dunce.

tenor.gif

"Defund the Police" is actually a step up from "Fry 'em like bacon". You just can't satisfy some people.

tenor.gif

While that is true, they didn't. Their opponents made the claims, using that slogan, that they did. I'm sure they rolled footage of the riots and violence on a continuous loop too.

While that is true, they didn't. Their opponents made the claims, using that slogan, that they did. I'm sure they rolled footage of the riots and violence on a continuous loop too.
Perhaps the same 3 clips, as the rioting affected a miniscule amount of American's lives.

"Defund the Police" is actually a step up from "Fry 'em like bacon". You just can't satisfy some people.
There are Republicans NOW, in the media, and on this very site, talking about shooting liberals and Democrats b/c they disagree w/them and are traumatized by their Dear Leader's recent loss.

I don't see you condemning that. Are you going to?

Perhaps the same 3 clips, as the rioting affected a miniscule amount of American's lives.

Well yeah, that's how propaganda works, for months after the fact too...

There are Republicans NOW, in the media, and on this very site, talking about shooting liberals and Democrats b/c they disagree w/them and are traumatized by their Dear Leader's recent loss.

I don't see you condemning that. Are you going to?
I find it hard to condemn them for talk. I'm more heavily armed than the average bear, so intimidation is futile.

I find it hard to condemn them for talk. I'm more heavily armed than the average bear, so intimidation is futile.
This response makes no sense at all, you were JUST complaining and condemning the talks of "defund the police" and "fry' 'em like bacon."

President Trump, is that you...?!?!

tenor.gif
I’m not sure why Biden brought it up. Strange that he brought up an issue the Democrats didn’t use, isn’t it?

It's the candidates on the right who stole it from the activists and redefined it that I'm concerned about
Then it's a clearly unfounded attack.

Of course it is.

Then why did Obama claim that the Democrats should not have used the slogan? I’m not sure why Obama even brought it up.

I stated my case, I agree with Obama.

I agree with Obama, however you also claim that candidates didn’t run with the slogan but you agree that candidates should not have used the slogan?

New Topics

Forum List

Back