Leftist Who Threw Beer Cans At Ted Cruz Freed After Using The 'I'm An Idiot' Defense

So you can attack a US politicial, hit him with full cans of beer, as long as:

1. The politician is a Republican

AND

2. Your defense is 'I'm an idiot.'

WTF?!

Pretty sure Ray Epps made him do it. Their was a suspicious character near him when he threw it and I hear it was him.

Repubs need to investigate before they submit the bill to fix inflation.

When did this act of terrorism with a beer can thrown at Cruz happen, I don't remember hearing about this? I'm glad Cruz was unharmed, he could have died!!!

I agree with the thrower's self assessment of "idiot". Anyone who might potentially have the opportunity to throw beer cans at Ted Cruz has an obligation to put the time in on practice, so that when that opportunity occurs, he is able to accurately hit the target with every can he throws. 50% is a poor showing, and unacceptable.

Stradley suggested Arcidiacono had thrown drinks at Cruz because he wanted the senator to catch them and chug them, adding, “This was an Astros fan trying to toss drinks from his cooler to the Senator during a championship parade and not realizing how it would be perceived until he saw security’s reaction.”

Grand jury dismisses charges against Houston Astros fan accused of throwing beer cans at Sen. Ted Cruz | Houston Public Media

I have no idea what the actual facts were but it appears the Grand Jury believed it was possible these were the facts.

So you can attack a US politicial, hit him with full cans of beer, as long as:

1. The politician is a Republican

AND

2. Your defense is 'I'm an idiot.'

WTF?!

A reprehensible act. That said, I doubt it was a full can, as too easily deflect by Ted as it bounced off his hand. Report said it hit the Texas Senator in the chest and neck, yet the video does not support that, appearing to be deflected it up and away easily, by Ted's left hand.
It makes me wonder what the charges were or what the prosecutor was trying to charge, before the grand jury that was convened there in Texas, that were declined by the grand jury.

I have seen the video and no matter how you look at it, somebody threw something at Cancun Ted and that is bullsh#t, even in Texas. Even if a misdemeanor assault, it looks like a grand jury should have been able to indict on some charge, even if not a felony charge unless there is something we do not know, of course that is possible. My understanding is there is no defense in front of a grand jury, and a grand jury is not restricted to charges proposed by prosecution, but of course, 2 semesters of Business Law certainly make me no authority on Texas law.

Wait a minute was the guy was drank Pelosi's beer on Jan 6 charged, if so then this guy should have as well.

A reprehensible act. That said, I doubt it was a full can, as too easily deflect by Ted as it bounced off his hand. Report said it hit the Texas Senator in the chest and neck, yet the video does not support that, appearing to be deflected it up and away easily, by Ted's left hand.
It makes me wonder what the charges were or what the prosecutor was trying to charge, before the grand jury that was convened there in Texas, that were declined by the grand jury.

I have seen the video and no matter how you look at it, somebody threw something at Cancun Ted and that is bullsh#t, even in Texas. Even if a misdemeanor assault, it looks like a grand jury should have been able to indict on some charge, even if not a felony charge unless there is something we do not know, of course that is possible. My understanding is there is no defense in front of a grand jury, and a grand jury is not restricted to charges proposed by prosecution, but of course, 2 semesters of Business Law certainly make me no authority on Texas law.

Were I on the Jury I would have found him 'Guilty', 10 days in Jail - being such an idiot is / should be punishable.

I blame the prosecutor for over-reaching by charging the idiot with aggravated assault. I side with the grand jury in dismissing the case. Since it occurred during a parade for the World Series Champion Astros, I'd say the prosecutor swung for fence but popped out.

Defining Assault in The State of Texas​

Assault by Contact- An assault by contact charge is filed when a victim is not injured in the incident but is either threatened with violence or is offended by physical contact that has occurred. Assault by contact is charged as a Class C Misdemeanor and a conviction is punishable by a fine as high as $500.

Assault with Bodily Injury - Assault charges can be enhanced to a Class A misdemeanor when an injury results from the incident. This carries a punishment of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $4,000.

Aggravated Assault - When the victim of an assault suffers serious bodily harm or the perpetrator uses a deadly weapon during the assault, they can be charged with aggravated assault. This carries a penalty of two to 20 years in prison.

New Topics

Forum List

Back