Lefties push campus rape myth...Pro 2nd Amendment push arming women on campus...backfire....

It's pretty funny....just read an article that deals with this issue....now that guns are being proposed...all of a sudden rape on college campuses isn't a problem any more........you lefties are funny....

It's pretty funny....just read an article that deals with this issue....now that guns are being proposed...all of a sudden rape on college campuses isn't a problem any more........you lefties are funny....

I'm pretty sure Rush made the whole thing up Bill. He's not exactly a credible source of anything.

Sorry, I don't make up numbers....I'll tell you when the next study comes out.......

Well yes you are making up numbers. You can't claim your numbers are current for all the reasons I've already mentioned. You can say something like in 1992 there may have been as many as 1.6 million defenses based on a highly flawed survey. :) But to claim those number as current is completely wrong.

Last edited:
As a young woman on a college campus, why would you not want to carry a gun?
As an anti-gun loon, why would you want to deny said woman an effective means of defending herself?

You see that woman with the bra holster shot herself dead? See the woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old? Nuff said. I don't think the circumstances of most rapes would allow for a gun defense. Avoiding drugs and alcohol more effective.

Yeah....really ingenius argument brain...in a country of over 320 million people...with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....only 6-700 a year are accidentally killed with guns......not a problem....not even close to a problem.....

and 1.6 million people a year on average using guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives......6-700 accidental gun deaths...again, not a problem.....

If you want to save a lot of lives...ban cars....and pools.......

Yes it is a problem if you are somebody who was told you need to have a gun to be safe and end up killing yourself with it on accident. Keep in mind a gun owner is 3X more likely to shoot and kill an innocent person than a criminal. There is also a good study showing if you carry you are more likely to be shot.

As I have pointed out before your 1.6 million makes no sense. First the surveys have been debunked several times over. Second crime is down about 30% since the last one was taken. And you make it sound like they are all violent crimes, but they are not. Violent crime is just a small percent of all crime. So you really need to stop throwing around numbers that are false.
Link?

As an anti-gun loon, why would you want to deny said woman an effective means of defending herself?

You see that woman with the bra holster shot herself dead? See the woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old? Nuff said. I don't think the circumstances of most rapes would allow for a gun defense. Avoiding drugs and alcohol more effective.

Yeah....really ingenius argument brain...in a country of over 320 million people...with over 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense.....only 6-700 a year are accidentally killed with guns......not a problem....not even close to a problem.....

and 1.6 million people a year on average using guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives......6-700 accidental gun deaths...again, not a problem.....

Yes it is a problem if you are somebody who was told you need to have a gun to be safe and end up killing yourself with it on accident. Keep in mind a gun owner is 3X more likely to shoot and kill an innocent person than a criminal. There is also a good study showing if you carry you are more likely to be shot.

As I have pointed out before your 1.6 million makes no sense. First the surveys have been debunked several times over. Second crime is down about 30% since the last one was taken. And you make it sound like they are all violent crimes, but they are not. Violent crime is just a small percent of all crime. So you really need to stop throwing around numbers that are false.
Link?

To what part?

Link?

To what part?
The supposed studies that show firearms owners are 3 times as likely to shot an innocent person. And the supposed study that claims carry people get shot.

And then explain why since 1994 the crime rate has DROPPED while ownership of firearms, more lenient laws were passed on carry has gone up.

Yeah, heard this on Rush today.....the left has been pushing the meme that women are constantly being raped on college campuses....it has been shown to be a myth....it does happen but not to the degree the left is pushing in order to attack men......and now Republican, state legislators in several states are saying that women on college campuses should have the right to carry guns to stop the rapes......not what the left wanted.....hopefully they will pass these new laws......guns are the best bet to stop stranger rape...and women should have that option....right?

Or do you lefty anti gunners prefer that women are raped...instead of stopping the rape with a gun?

Lefties believe that women should lay back and take what they've got coming.

You see that woman with the bra holster shot herself dead? See the woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old? Nuff said.

See the millions of gun owners who never do anything like that? Nuff said.

I don't think the circumstances of most rapes would allow for a gun defense.

Let us know when you get raped. Until then you're opinion is irrelevant.

Avoiding drugs and alcohol more effective.

So now you're blaming the victim? Can't say I'm surprised.

Not blaming, but most the college rape stories seem to start with being drunk or drugged out of her mind. What good is a gun then?

You obviously don't care about the girl, just selling more guns.

Wrong. I have an eight year old daughter. When she heads off to college, she will be adept at martial arts, AND firearms. She will be able to take care of herself.

You see that woman with the bra holster shot herself dead? See the woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old? Nuff said.

Not blaming, but most the college rape stories seem to start with being drunk or drugged out of her mind. What good is a gun then?

Wrong. I have an eight year old daughter. When she heads off to college, she will be adept at martial arts, AND firearms. She will be able to take care of herself.

Well I hope she is always safe. But like I said a gun isn't much good if you are drunk or high out of your mind on drugs.

Well I hope she is always safe. But like I said a gun isn't much good if you are drunk or high out of your mind on drugs.

Which she won't be because she's smart, and actually cares about herself. She is a healthy young girl now, and will be a healthy woman.

I'm pretty sure Rush made the whole thing up Bill. He's not exactly a credible source of anything.

Brain....it's in the news....he read the story.....do you listen to his show?

Link?

To what part?
The supposed studies that show firearms owners are 3 times as likely to shot an innocent person. And the supposed study that claims carry people get shot.

And then explain why since 1994 the crime rate has DROPPED while ownership of firearms, more lenient laws were passed on carry has gone up.

Well the first is statistics and I can get you links if you need though I am pretty sure I have supplied them for you before. There are 6-700 accidental deaths by firearms each year. Meanwhile there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. These are justifiable homicides, you can find on fbi website. So do the math, about 3X as many people are accidently shot and killed as criminals in defense.

Here is a link to results of a study showing you are more likely to be shot if you have a gun. Pretty common sense really. If you are going to pull a gun on an armed criminal he's going to shoot.
Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed - science-in-society - 06 October 2009 - New Scientist

I don't think guns are a factor in the crime rate so I can't explain that.

Sorry, I don't make up numbers....I'll tell you when the next study comes out.......

Well yes you are making up numbers. You can't claim your numbers are current for all the reasons I've already mentioned. You can say something like in 1992 there may have been as many as 1.6 million defenses based on a highly flawed survey. :) But to claim those number as current is completely wrong.

Yes...move the goal post...again......

Which she won't be because she's smart, and actually cares about herself. She is a healthy young girl now, and will be a healthy woman.

You sound like a good dad. And again I hope her the best.

I used to listen to his show but not for a long time. I didn't find any value in it. Now I mostly just listen to CNN. Have not heard that story yet on real news.

Link?

To what part?

Well the first is statistics and I can get you links if you need though I am pretty sure I have supplied them for you before. There are 6-700 accidental deaths by firearms each year. Meanwhile there are only about 230 criminals shot and killed each year. These are justifiable homicides, you can find on fbi website. So do the math, about 3X as many people are accidently shot and killed as criminals in defense.

Here is a link to results of a study showing you are more likely to be shot if you have a gun. Pretty common sense really. If you are going to pull a gun on an armed criminal he's going to shoot.
Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed - science-in-society - 06 October 2009 - New Scientist

yeah...brana's study....debunked....

Armed and Vulnerable - Reason.com

This one breaks down the reasons why it is a flawed study:

FLAWS IN STUDY OF FIREARM POSSESSION AND RISK FOR ASSAULT

Their study assessed risk for being assaulted and then shot, a compound outcome event whose second element (being shot) is not inevitable given the first (being assaulted). Persons who were assaulted but not shot are not studied. We do not know whether any association between firearm possession and their outcome measure applies to assault, to being shot given an assault, or both.

The study does not control for time and place. The authors invoke stray bullets to argue that residents of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, are at equal risk for being shot, no matter where they are and what they are doing. This ignores the fact that violence is not randomly distributed and is unfair to Philadelphia.

another detailed breakdown of the studies flaws...

A Useless Study on Gun Possession - Forbes

They try to control for differences in circumstances by including variables that indicated whether the individuals were involved in drugs or alcohol at the time, whether they have had prior arrests, and other characteristics of the person and their situation at the time. But clearly even after including these measures all else is not equal. The study could not control for whether the individuals were in a situation where they thought they would be in danger. The study could not control for whether the individual was the kind of person who thought that someone they know may be planning on trying to shoot them. They could control for frequency of prior arrest, but not whether the individual was an active gang member. The obvious selection bias is so problematic here that it is shocking the study was even attempted. This study cannot be considered informative, except perhaps about the quality of studies the American Journal of Public Health accepts.

Link?

To what part?

yeah...brana's study....debunked....

Armed and Vulnerable - Reason.com

This one breaks down the reasons why it is a flawed study:

FLAWS IN STUDY OF FIREARM POSSESSION AND RISK FOR ASSAULT

another detailed breakdown of the studies flaws...

A Useless Study on Gun Possession - Forbes

Bill it is common sense. You can't debunk a common sense study. Most criminals don't want to kill you, they want your money. But if you pull a gun on them it's you or them so they are going to shoot. Sorry but those attempts at debunking are pathetic.

Link?

To what part?

I love this statement in the study...

"While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot"

Of course they didn't bother to actually find out WHO these people were. Maybe, just maybe their profession had a bearing on the numbers.

This is what you idiots think is science..:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I used to listen to his show but not for a long time. I didn't find any value in it. Now I mostly just listen to CNN. Have not heard that story yet on real news.

Listening to cnn...talk about no value....

Link?

To what part?

I love this statement in the study...

"While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot"

Of course they didn't bother to actually find out WHO these people were. Maybe, just maybe their profession had a bearing on the numbers.

This is what you idiots think is science..:cuckoo::cuckoo:

You seriously lack enough common sense to see why this is true? Really?

Forum List

Back