Left Groups Now Fear: Gov't Grab Going Too Far!...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Man, what took y'all so long? Stayed in Worship-Mode for six long years. Not a peep out of ya. Now it may be too late to stop Big Brother's massive Power-Grab. Shoulda stood up earlier.

FCC Chair Refuses to Testify before Congress ahead of Net Neutrality Vote

Two prominent House committee chairs are “deeply disappointed” in Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler for refusing to testify before Congress as “the future of the Internet is at stake.”

Wheeler’s refusal to go before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday comes on the eve of the FCC’s vote on new Internet regulations pertaining to net neutrality. The committee’s chairman, Representative Jason Chaffetz (R., Utah), and Energy and Commerce Committee chairman Fred Upton (R., Mich.) criticized Wheeler and the administration for lacking transparency on the issue.

“So long as the chairman continues to insist on secrecy, we will continue calling for more transparency and accountability at the commission,” Chaffetz and Upton said in a statement. “Chairman Wheeler and the FCC are not above Congress.”

Read more at: National Review

Dear FCC: Rethink The Vague "General Conduct" Rule

For many months, EFF has been working with a broad coalition of advocates to persuade the Federal Communications Commission to adopt new Open Internet rules that would survive legal scrutiny and actually help protect the Open Internet. Our message has been clear from the beginning: the FCC has a role to play, but its role must be firmly bounded.

Two weeks ago, we learned that we had likely managed the first goal—the FCC is going to do the right thing and reclassify broadband as a telecommunications service, giving it the ability to make new, meaningful Open Internet rules. But we are deeply concerned that the FCC’s new rules will include a provision that sounds like a recipe for overreach and confusion: the so-called “general conduct rule.”...

Read More:
Dear FCC Rethink The Vague General Conduct Rule Electronic Frontier Foundation

"The vote on the new Internet regulations is scheduled for Thursday. The FCC’s two Republican commissioners have asked Wheeler to delay the vote to allow more time for review. The changes would allow the commission to regulate the Internet like a public utility, setting new standards that require the provision of equal access to all online content."

Good, Congress can go fuck itself.

Far too many on the Left stayed silent on awful Government Power-Grabs like 24/7 NSA spying, Rampant IRS abuses, Numerous Interventions/Wars, and now this Internet Takeover.

The Left has failed miserably at being a so-called defenders of Civil Liberties. They've been complicit in this massive Big Brother Power-Grab. They've gone all-in on Big Government Totalitarianism. Shame on em.

Man, what took y'all so long? Stayed in Worship-Mode for six long years. Not a peep out of ya. Now it may be too late to stop Big Brother's massive Power-Grab. Shoulda stood up earlier.

Two prominent House committee chairs are “deeply disappointed” in Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler for refusing to testify before Congress as “the future of the Internet is at stake.”

Wheeler’s refusal to go before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday comes on the eve of the FCC’s vote on new Internet regulations pertaining to net neutrality. The committee’s chairman, Representative Jason Chaffetz (R., Utah), and Energy and Commerce Committee chairman Fred Upton (R., Mich.) criticized Wheeler and the administration for lacking transparency on the issue.

“So long as the chairman continues to insist on secrecy, we will continue calling for more transparency and accountability at the commission,” Chaffetz and Upton said in a statement. “Chairman Wheeler and the FCC are not above Congress.”

The FCC is violating the Government Procedures Act just like their dear leader and will have their collective asses handed to them in the first court case.

Far too many on the Left stayed silent on awful Government Power-Grabs like 24/7 NSA spying, Rampant IRS abuses, Numerous Interventions/Wars, and now this Internet Takeover.

The Left has failed miserably at being a so-called defenders of Civil Liberties. They've been complicit in this massive Big Brother Power-Grab. They've gone all-in on Big Government Totalitarianism. Shame on em.
Big Brother versus Time-Warner, AT&T, and Comcast? Well my Brother, have at it.

The FCC is violating the Government Procedures Act just like their dear leader and will have their collective asses handed to them in the first court case.
I very much doubt that. Got a link?

I very much doubt that. Got a link?

Nope, but you might want to look up the opinion that shut down you dear leaders executive action on immigration or google the Government Administrative Procedures Act of 1946. It says government agencies cannot make rules in secret and must provide for public participation in the rule making process. Reading is fundamental.

It says government agencies cannot make rules in secret and must provide for public participation in the rule making process.
Ah, they did. For a very long time.

Why do you insist on telling such outrageous lies that are so easily disproved? The FCC refuses to even release the proposed rules prior to to voting on them, evidently even to congress.

It says government agencies cannot make rules in secret and must provide for public participation in the rule making process.

Why do you insist on telling such outrageous lies that are so easily disproved? The FCC refuses to even release the proposed rules prior to to voting on them, evidently even to congress.
No, the rules are out there. The refused to delay their decision because a couple of Congressmen wanted to play politics. Open Internet FCC.gov

No, the rules are out there. The refused to delay their decision because a couple of Congressmen wanted to play politics. Open Internet FCC.gov

Really, show me the 136 pages of the proposed rules, they are not at your link.

Damn you're a dumbshit who doesn't read links: https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-10-201A1_Rcd.pdf

It was right there, if you read the thing, at the beginning of the third paragraph.

Damn you're a dumbshit who doesn't read links: https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-10-201A1_Rcd.pdf

It was right there, if you read the thing, at the beginning of the third paragraph.

Evidently you can't read, those were rules adopted in 2010, not the current proposed rules that are being kept secret until after the vote.

Evidently you can't read, those were rules adopted in 2010, not the current proposed rules that are being kept secret until after the vote.
I give, you're an idiot.

I give, you're an idiot.

Surrender accepted, you're just not man enough to admit you're wrong, are you?

I give, you're an idiot.

If I was, I would, but I'm not.

I give, you're an idiot.

If I was, I would, but I'm not.

LMAO

"The vote on the new Internet regulations is scheduled for Thursday. The FCC’s two Republican commissioners have asked Wheeler to delay the vote to allow more time for review. The changes would allow the commission to regulate the Internet like a public utility, setting new standards that require the provision of equal access to all online content."

Good, Congress can go fuck itself.
It's always reassuring to see you supporting tyranny. That's how we know the world is spinning properly on its axis.

I read your link, these are the rules from FIVE FUCKING YEARS AGO!

It clearly states;

Adopted: December 21, 2010
Released
: December 23, 2010

These are the rules we HAVE BEEN operating under. This is the old regulatory regime.

I don't think it is any clearer than that.

When the EFF, a completely NON-PARTISAN citizens group is leery about the actions of government in this realm, then you KNOW the government is probably acting with malicious and tyrannical intent.

Forum List

Back