Learned something today

I typo-ed the word "like" by putting the letter "K" in place of the letter "L". I saw it just as I pressed the post button. To my surprise, instead of my typo, there were four asterisks. I edited it and changed the word back to "like" and all is well. I had no idea the "k" word was a bad word blocked here and no idea what it meant until I looked. Or if I did know I forgot. I guess I'll have to re-up for a few classes at racist tech, huh? Wonder if Trump is still teaching?

We're not into banning selected words. That's a fool's errand mostly.. But there are about 4 or 5 derogatory words that were loaded into a forum software filter to placate the advertisers.. They've been here for at LEAST since I joined the Mod Staff.. Even under the OLD software.. And we DO enforce them when folks try to work around the filters...

THEN we had the "Asian Spammer" invasion and in order to get control of the V-iagra and phony pharma being pushed as SPAM every night and morning, some of those trademarked words are filtered thru yet another piece of the Xenforo app....

THOSE -- we're not really enforcing.. It's just a "content firewall' exercise..

If you DO get filtered, just back up and realize there's a reason for those few words -- and don't try to work around them... NOT because we want to be picking and choosing banned words...
I clearly stated that I did not try to work around it.

The following error occurred:
Content contains banned words: x a n a x

Doesn't just ***** it out, it won't even allow the post load. lol I guess product names are blocked?

Let's try 'Raisin Bran'

Nope, that goes through fine. Ah well, no big deal.

Try "little blue pill" or "mommy's helper"...... LOL....

I typo-ed the word "like" by putting the letter "K" in place of the letter "L". I saw it just as I pressed the post button. To my surprise, instead of my typo, there were four asterisks. I edited it and changed the word back to "like" and all is well. I had no idea the "k" word was a bad word blocked here and no idea what it meant until I looked. Or if I did know I forgot. I guess I'll have to re-up for a few classes at racist tech, huh? Wonder if Trump is still teaching?
so is sp*c.

What's a SPlC?

Doesn't just ***** it out, it won't even allow the post load. lol I guess product names are blocked?

Let's try 'Raisin Bran'

Do you mean VlAGRA?

How'd you do that you scoundrel... You're under investigation for practicing the Dark Arts without a license...

Let's try 'Raisin Bran'

Do you mean VlAGRA?

How'd you do that you scoundrel... You're under investigation for practicing the Dark Arts without a license...

Let's try 'Raisin Bran'

Do you mean VlAGRA?

The "l" is simply a lower case L. Nothing is sacred anymore. :19:

The ****** ** ****** ** *** and *******, dang it.
It's a protection against banishment LOL
I tried about a year ago with a guys last name, and got a hit almost like yours. Strange that words with no meaning make a hit list change it. Just wait when Microsoft AL writing becomes online.

upload_2019-9-13_22-33-33.jpeg

FYI

It's probably due to the spell check thingy.

The correct spelling is kiké

;)

Last edited:

It worked

At least I can still say fuck
Be very grateful I'm not a moderator. I hate that word. And not just a little bit. I think that every time someone uses that word, the world is diminished. And that's what I think that probably no one else does.

Forum List

Back