Phoenix, AZ
Since the 70s..we have had around 25 leap seconds added to our atomic clocks
It’s usually end of June or December
Imagine having a 61 second minute
You have !!
I think it’s cool
The days just only average out 24 hrs
When the clocks get too far behind ..they add in the leap second

In fact, time, at least as we measure it, is an artifical construct. We create an artificial reference to measure time only as we perceive it.

Creatures who perceive time differently, would have a completely different artificial construct to express that perception.

In fact, time, at least as we measure it, is an artifical construct. We create an artificial reference to measure time only as we perceive it.

Creatures who perceive time differently, would have a completely different artificial construct to express that perception.
Don't be hitting me with your "metric system" hoosifudge... A year is a year, and I don't care if you do come from Alpha Proxima!

Last edited:
A year is a year

Jews on Alpha Proxima have our own calendar.

crop;jpeg_quality=65.jpg

There is an arrow that directs time called entropy in thermodynamics
The earth takes 24 hrs to rotate and by having time makes the world more manageable

I have a Doc Brown flux capacitor in my 72 Pantera...
Yesterday I went back to 1923 and saw Babe Ruth hit a home run in the Yankees Giants World Series.
It was cool.
View attachment 462872
Can you please do me a favor and ask fncceo to unblock me !! I have been defending both Israel and police all week and will continue

Can you please do me a favor and ask fncceo to unblock me !! I have been defending both Israel and police all week and will continue
How do you know he's not just ignoring you ?
I don’t know ?? It’s driving me nuts !!
I have done everything possible and it’s been genuine . I continue to defend Israel from several thugs and I give my loyalty to all US police

What else can I do ??
At least acknowledge me
I ain’t so bad ..I am a swell guy

Correct, time and the measurement of it, is something only humans do. Animals don't know anything other than the Sun comes up and the Sun then goes down.

When you stop and realize that "months" and "seasons" are a human construct, you actually start to grasp climate change better. The seasons are starting to run into one another because of climate change. Perhaps the "30 day months" we created and the "4 seasons" we made up are not as real as we think.

Mother nature has no care for any of that anyhow. It's all Earth revolving around the Sun.

The seasons are starting to run into one another because of climate change.

This is my 63rd Winter, and I've I have experienced Winter (as well as Summer, Spring, and Fall) on every continent. The seasons have always run into each other ... it's called weather.

This is my 63rd Winter, and I've I have experienced Winter (as well as Summer, Spring, and Fall) on every continent. The seasons have always run into each other ... it's called weather.
Earth is over 1,000,000,000 years old. 63 years is nothing. We humans are nothing to Mother Earth.

In 200 years, Summer could very well be from June until October if things are hot enough.

Earth is over 1,000,000,000 years old. 63 years is nothing. We humans are nothing to Mother Earth.

In 200 years, Summer could very well be from June until October if things are hot enough.

In fact, it's over 4 and 1/2 Billion-years-old and, in that time, has been a molten hell, a frozen ball, and back again a few times. If you say humans are nothing to The Earth, I agree. We are just one of many quadrillion life forms to roam her surface in all that time.

We would be beyond pretentious to claim that our comings and going can save, or destroy The Earth.

Forum List

Back