Leaked Plan: Construction on the 50 Foot Concrete Wall Starts in March

Some Guy

Deregulated User
Reaction score
Wow. I thought all this time that "the wall" would end up being more like a metaphor. We'll see if it actually comes together.

OP
GHook93

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score
Wow. I thought all this time that "the wall" would end up being more like a metaphor. We'll see if it actually comes together.
I guess we will see, but I have faith.

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What a waste of resources. We're falling in education every single year and our healthcare system sucks, but hell, lets build a Soviet like wall. lol

Big difference between a wall to keep people in a failed system and one designed to keep them out of a successful system.

Pretty much the exact opposite in fact.

Missouri_Mike

Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a waste of resources. We're falling in education every single year and our healthcare system sucks, but hell, lets build a Soviet like wall. lol
Thought you were a big fan of infrastructure?

baileyn45

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The wall idea is dumb. We need to go after the employers hiring illegals. As long as there are jobs they will come, a wall will not stop them.

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The wall idea is dumb. We need to go after the employers hiring illegals. As long as there are jobs they will come, a wall will not stop them.

TOo late for that crap. THe time for that type of discussion was 30 years ago.

NOw, we act. DO everything. Right now. Because the problem has grown to biblical proportions and needs to be solved immediately.

If 100 years from now historians come the conclusion that the wall was not needed considering the other steps taken, that will be fine.

Especially since those fucking mexicans will be paying of it.

Norman

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You would obviously know whether the wall is necessary or not. Your research source, CNN said it was a bad idea. It must be so!

Walls actually work...

baileyn45

Platinum Member
Reaction score

NOw, we act. DO everything. Right now. Because the problem has grown to biblical proportions and needs to be solved immediately.

If 100 years from now historians come the conclusion that the wall was not needed considering the other steps taken, that will be fine.

I can't begin to imagine how the Mexicans are going to pay for it. If Mexico says no were not paying for it are we going to invade and raid their national bank? I'm a realist, I don't think a wall will work, I don't think we can force Mexico to pay for it and I certainly don't want to waste our resources on it. A concerted effort going after the employers is the best and only strategy I can think of.

Of course increased border security is needed but I fear building a wall will waste the very resources needed to accomplish that.

Correll

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I can't begin to imagine how the Mexicans are going to pay for it. If Mexico says no were not paying for it are we going to invade and raid their national bank? I'm a realist, I don't think a wall will work, I don't think we can force Mexico to pay for it and I certainly don't want to waste our resources on it. A concerted effort going after the employers is the best and only strategy I can think of.

Of course increased border security is needed but I fear building a wall will waste the very resources needed to accomplish that.

There are plenty economic interactions between the two nations that would provide Trump with the opportunity to pass the cost along.

OP
GHook93

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score
Your analogy is false. The Berlin Wall was to keep people like a prison. The wall on the border will keep people out like a fortress. Big difference.

Second, a big reason our education is failing is the mass amount of resources we send on educating illegal. English as a second language is an extremely expensive program.

Third, healthcare costs are so expensive partially because illegals use the ER as their primary care physician and the cost get pushed insured US citizens.

OP
GHook93

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score
OP
GHook93

GHook93

Aristotle
Reaction score

Maybe try reading he article and it will say exactly how Mexico will be forced to pay for it..

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List