Leaked phone call proves Biden knew what was going to happen in Afghanistan

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Time to go, Joe.

Just weeks before Afghanistan rapidly fell to the Taliban, President Joe Biden urged President Ashraf Ghani to focus on the government’s “perception” problem around the world. In a July 23 phone call obtained by Reuters, Biden was concerned about the Taliban’s strength at a time when the U.S.’s withdrawal was well underway, and the Bagram Air Base had closed earlier in the month.

“I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said on the 14-minute call.

“And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture,” he added (emphasis mine).

Biden then offered aid if Ghani could agree to this.

In the call, Biden offered aid if Ghani could publicly project he had a plan to control the spiraling situation in Afghanistan. “We will continue to provide close air support, if we know what the plan is,” Biden said. Days before the call, the U.S. carried out air strikes to support Afghan security forces, a move the Taliban said was in violation of the Doha peace agreement.
The U.S. president also advised Ghani to get buy-in from powerful Afghans for a military strategy going forward, and then to put a “warrior” in charge of the effort, a reference to Defense Minister General Bismillah Khan Mohammadi. (Reuters)
“[Y]our assurance of support goes a very long way to enable us, to really mobilize us in earnest,” Ghani told Biden. He later fled the country as the Taliban fighters entered Kabul, reportedly with nearly $170 million, though he vehemently denies the allegation.

At the time of the call, “Taliban insurgents controlled about half of Afghanistan's district centers, indicating a rapidly deteriorating security situation,” according to Reuters.

In a separate call later that day between top U.S. military officials and Ghani, Gen. Mark Milley also pushed the point about changing the perception.

Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told Ghani “the perception in the United States, in Europe and the media sort of thing is a narrative of Taliban momentum, and a narrative of Taliban victory. And we need to collectively demonstrate and try to turn that perception, that narrative around.” (Reuters)
Publicly, Biden was projecting confidence about the situation in Afghanistan, insisting that the fall of the government and a Taliban takeover of the country was "highly unlikely" because "the Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped — as well-equipped as any army in the world — and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban."

Later, Biden insisted during an Aug. 18 interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos that no one, including those in the intelligence community, warned him such a rapid Taliban takeover was a possibility. "Not this quickly. Not even close," he said. The Wall Street Journal's reporting that a cable from State Department officials warning of a quick Taliban takeover challenges that claim, however.

Let the glorious leaking begin....drip drip drip Joe...better start packing and not just for the long weekend....tell Jill to pack your pills....

That is DEFINITELY an impeachable phone call.

Ask yourself if DEMS would be looking to impeach Trump if all the circumstances were the same but Trump was POTUS.

We all know the answer. Time for Pubs to PROVE they are not pussies.
After the 2022 election the House will be GOP. The impeachments can start then.

President Joe Biden urged President Ashraf Ghani to focus on the government’s “perception” problem around the world. In a July 23 phone call obtained by Reuters, Biden was concerned about the Taliban’s strength at a time when the U.S.’s withdrawal was well underway, and the Bagram Air Base had closed earlier in the month.
I'm so old, I remember a President who was impeached over a phone call.

Democrats showed us that downgrading issues is a horrible thing. Impeachment worthy, even.
Does this standard still apply, or was that just a one time thing like nearly EVERYTHING else they supposedly believe in?

That is DEFINITELY an impeachable phone call.

Ask yourself if DEMS would be looking to impeach Trump if all the circumstances were the same but Trump was POTUS.

We all know the answer. Time for Pubs to PROVE they are not pussies.
How so? Some law broken? Not that I heard. The government has acted on intel not in the public domain, since the beginning of governments. You think nobody in intelligence told The President what was going on? You think it would have been better to publicly acknowledge the deteriorating situation, and it would have made for a smoother exit? Where you ever a Colonel? If you were, you would know better.

Time to go, Joe.

Just weeks before Afghanistan rapidly fell to the Taliban, President Joe Biden urged President Ashraf Ghani to focus on the government’s “perception” problem around the world. In a July 23 phone call obtained by Reuters, Biden was concerned about the Taliban’s strength at a time when the U.S.’s withdrawal was well underway, and the Bagram Air Base had closed earlier in the month.

“I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,” Biden said on the 14-minute call.

“And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture,” he added (emphasis mine).

“[Y]our assurance of support goes a very long way to enable us, to really mobilize us in earnest,” Ghani told Biden. He later fled the country as the Taliban fighters entered Kabul, reportedly with nearly $170 million, though he vehemently denies the allegation.

At the time of the call, “Taliban insurgents controlled about half of Afghanistan's district centers, indicating a rapidly deteriorating security situation,” according to Reuters.

In a separate call later that day between top U.S. military officials and Ghani, Gen. Mark Milley also pushed the point about changing the perception.

Publicly, Biden was projecting confidence about the situation in Afghanistan, insisting that the fall of the government and a Taliban takeover of the country was "highly unlikely" because "the Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped — as well-equipped as any army in the world — and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban."

Later, Biden insisted during an Aug. 18 interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos that no one, including those in the intelligence community, warned him such a rapid Taliban takeover was a possibility. "Not this quickly. Not even close," he said. The Wall Street Journal's reporting that a cable from State Department officials warning of a quick Taliban takeover challenges that claim, however.

Bi-Dung is an old shitbag liar!!

This is IMPEACHABLE, according to Dems themselves.

This was a quid pro quo,

Joe Biden told the leader of Afghanistan to LIE about the situation on the ground in Afghanistan.

He cannot be President. He must go.

Time to go, Joe.

Biden is a lying asshole and a traitor.
I can't stand the sight of him.

Last edited:
Let's hear it, commies. You guys made up the new rules.....so follow them.

That Biden phone call is an impeachable offense.

QUID PRO QUO.

BIDEN GOTTA GO!

HEY HEY!
HO HO!
QUID PRO JOE HAS GOT TO GO!
HEY HEY!
HO HO!
HEY HEY!
HO HO!
HEY HEY!
HO HO!

I'm so old, I remember a President who was impeached over a phone call.

That president was breaking the law, that's the thing.

MEANWHILE, let's look at what was actually said here. That there was an international perception that Ghani didn't have control of the situation, and Biden said he needed to get out there, be a leader and change that perception...

You know... what leaders are supposed to do.

Time to go, Joe.

Biden was never running the show. He can't even run his own mouth. He can run his drawers and is good at it.

That president was breaking the law, that's the thing.

MEANWHILE, let's look at what was actually said here. That there was an international perception that Ghani didn't have control of the situation, and Biden said he needed to get out there, be a leader and change that perception...

You know... what leaders are supposed to do.
Yes Sleepy was breaking the law...but he is sooo good at it

Forum List

Back