Leading GOP Candidate a Cult Member!

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
So says Pastor Jeffers, head of the 1st Baptist Church of Dallas and head of Evangelical Christians USA on CNN today.
He said Mormomism is a cult. Then he said, politically supporting Romney is giving validity to a cult.
He ended saying that if someone doesn't embrace Christianity the way his group / denomination does, they are not really Christians.

Republicans are an interesting lot...

So says Pastor Jeffers, head of the 1st Baptist Church of Dallas and head of Evangelical Christians USA on CNN today.
He said Mormomism is a cult. Then he said, politically supporting Romney is giving validity to a cult.
He ended saying that if someone doesn't embrace Christianity the way his group / denomination does, they are not really Christians.

Most religions say their way is the only way. Nothing new here, been that way for thousands of years.

By the way I bet their are one or two christian democrats somewhere in this world :cuckoo:

Well technically EVERY religion is a cult.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been around since the 1830's and has MILLIONS of members across the planet. It is not a cult.

Baptistism is as much a 'cult' as Mormonism.

The 'good' Paster is welcome to his views.... and I am welcome to consider him an ass for those views.

Most religions say their way is the only way. Nothing new here, been that way for thousands of years.

By the way I bet their are one or two christian democrats somewhere in this world :cuckoo:

I'm sure there are millions. Not sure why you think they'd be crazy for being both Christian and Dem though.
Unless that's for me, for specifying the GOP. In which case, you caught the fact that the pastor was at a GOP event, speaking about GOP candidates, right?
Also, I don't recall Dems using their religion as a platform or the other party candidates religion as a basis of attack. That is almost exclusively a GOP tactic.

Last edited:

I'm sure there are millions. Not sure why you think they'd be crazy for being both Christian and Dem though.
Unless that's for me, for specifying the GOP. In which case, you caught the fact that the pastor was at a GOP event, speaking about GOP candidates, right?
Also, I don't recall Dems using their religion as a platform or the other party candidates religion as a basis of attack. That is almost exclusively a GOP tactic.

I don't recall you demonstrating 'independent logic' but you claim it anyway. Go figure.

As someone who grew up in a Baptist church and understands the rhetoric, let me tell you that his quote has nothing to do with the Republican party. He is spouting Baptist beliefs. BTW, most of the Baptists I knew growing up were Democrats like my parents and they all believed Mormons were a cult. My sister married a Mormon and it just about killed my parents.

Really? How old are you? Do a little research on Catholic John Kennedy running for president. :eusa_whistle:

So are dumb shits who make crazy assumptions like assuming this guy is a Republican.

OMG!

Mormonism a cult, this is news worthy of wasting electrons on. What next?

1. The Earth is flat!
  2. Evolution a hoax!
  3. More people in Hell makes Earth warmer!

I don't recall you demonstrating 'independent logic' but you claim it anyway. Go figure.

Um yeah ooh impressive. I don't hesitate to criticize ConservaRepublitarians any more than I do Obama or Dems. But because I don't agree with the whackjobs on everything.... I'm a Liberal or "not Independent". :lol:

Funny, I don't recall you addressing the topic here. On on a few other threads where all you have to say is "Oooh, you criticized MY side this time! I'm gonna whine about how you must not be Indenpendent!!!"
It's okay. Stick with the petty bs and avoid the topics. It's what you have to work with.

And some of them agree with the idea that the LDS church is a cult.

That is because, as usual, you suffer from not paying attention to the real world, and you ignore anything that contradicts you "independent" viewpoint.

Politically, more Democrats than Republicans say they would be less likely to support a Mormon candidate. Liberal Democrats stand out, with 41% saying they would be less likely to support a Mormon candidate. Only about a quarter or fewer in other groups say this.

Section 2: Candidate Traits and Experience | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

No black churches just use the Pulpit to support their candidates. While Democrats whine if a religious figure supports a Republican.

So what? Is his opinion supposed to matter or something?

Um yeah ooh impressive. I don't hesitate to criticize ConservaRepublitarians any more than I do Obama or Dems. But because I don't agree with the whackjobs on everything.... I'm a Liberal or "not Independent". :lol:

Funny, I don't recall you addressing the topic here. On on a few other threads where all you have to say is "Oooh, you criticized MY side this time! I'm gonna whine about how you must not be Indenpendent!!!"
It's okay. Stick with the petty bs and avoid the topics. It's what you have to work with.

What topic? Some idiotic pastor says something about 'cults'. So fucking what? You care. OK. I don't. I am, however, interested in your understanding of the word 'logic'.

Twit.

Is it really? GOP tactic? Really Gracie? Shows me you've swallowed the leftist line. Don't expect any of us to take that hook out of your mouth and throw you back in the water. :cuckoo:

Those attending that GOP event are still free to reject his assertion as much as I reject you and yours.

Got it ACE?

New Topics

Forum List

Back