What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy crane operators

Wild Bill Kelsoe

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Truckers have decided that their time is not worth anything.
No, that's been decided for us. When a broker, or a shipper/receiver refuses to pay detention time, there's not much that can be done about it. They know this, hence, they don't pay in most cases.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
There's zero prep time when it comes to lifting containers. A 200,000 pound compressor is a different story, but I've watched riggers drag their dicks on those jobs, too.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Reaction score
Interesting take on this...what should the Fed Govt to do fix this problem?

The finger-pointing at the busy Los Angeles County ports comes as scores of container ships are anchored off the California coast, waiting in some cases for weeks to unload their freight. The Biden administration has scrambled to get shipping executives, port officials, and labor to tackle the problem. While the reasons for the burgeoning backlog are complex, truck drivers say not everyone seems to be working together.

“In 15 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen them work slower,” said Antonio, who has spent hours waiting at Los Angeles County ports for cargo to be loaded. “The crane operators take their time, like three to four hours to get just one container. You can’t say anything to them, or they will just go [help] someone else.”
Welcome to Biden’s America.

You need to be grateful for the empty shelves.

OP
Golfing Gator

Golfing Gator

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Biden’s America.

You need to be grateful for the empty shelves.

It is so damn cute how all of you pretend Conservatives think the Fed Govt should save us all.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do. Ive hauled containers and done heavy haul. How long have you been driving?
I guess that explains it. Drivers always think they know what is going on, but they never seem to be able to stop in the right spot. I've loaded lots of trucks with a crane though.

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The finger-pointing at the busy Los Angeles County ports comes as scores of container ships are anchored off the California coast, waiting in some cases for weeks to unload their freight. The Biden administration has scrambled to get shipping executives, port officials, and labor to tackle the problem. While the reasons for the burgeoning backlog are complex, truck drivers say not everyone seems to be working together.

“In 15 years of doing this job, I’ve never seen them work slower,” said Antonio, who has spent hours waiting at Los Angeles County ports for cargo to be loaded. “The crane operators take their time, like three to four hours to get just one container. You can’t say anything to them, or they will just go [help] someone else.”
I am not sure what you can do if they are union and in the pocket of Newsom and his crew? You need to elect new officials but Cali is run by the Pelosi Crime Family.

ThunderKiss1965

Gold Member
Reaction score

Because the Government is great at fixing things, said no one with more than half a brain cell.

Wild Bill Kelsoe

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I guess that explains it. Drivers always think they know what is going on, but they never seem to be able to stop in the right spot. I've loaded lots of trucks with a crane though.
I'm a certified rigger and I've loaded lots of trucks, too. I have enough experience to know when a crew is fiddle fuckin around.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm a certified rigger and I've loaded lots of trucks, too. I have enough experience to know when a crew is fiddle fuckin around.
That's pretty good, but I don't think it quite compares to NCCCO.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$120.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List