Lawyers flock to Gulf Coast for oil spill lawsuits

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Lawyers flock to Gulf Coast for oil spill lawsuits

May 1, 1:37 PM (ET)

By CURT ANDERSON and THOMAS WATKINS

MIAMI (AP) - Teams of lawyers from around the nation are mobilizing for a gargantuan legal battle over the massive Gulf Coast oil spill, filing multiple lawsuits in recent days that together could dwarf the half-billion dollars awarded in the Exxon Valdez disaster two decades ago.

If the oil slick fouls popular beaches, ruins fisheries and disrupts traffic on the Mississippi River, attorneys say there could be hundreds of thousands of plaintiffs from Texas to Florida seeking monetary damages from oil producer BP PLC (BP.) and other companies that ran the Transocean Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.

At least 26 federal lawsuits have been filed since the spill by commercial fishermen, charter boat captains, resort management companies and individual property owners in Louisiana, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi. Many of the suits claim the disaster was caused when workers for oil services contractor Halliburton Inc. improperly capped a well - a process known as cementing. Halliburton denied that. Investigators are still looking into the cause.

My Way News - Lawyers flock to Gulf Coast for oil spill lawsuits

Did we really need another thread about this?

Do I need to look up the last thread you began and spank you?

Go for it, stupid premise poster.

I don't start threads based on "current events" I start them based on what I'm thinking about. If a "current event" subject interests me I post in THAT thread, not start a new 1. So yes, please, make a jackass out of yourself AGAIN. I can't wait.

Did we really need another thread about this?

I don't start threads based on "current events" I start them based on what I'm thinking about. If a "current event" subject interests me I post in THAT thread, not start a new 1. So yes, please, make a jackass out of yourself AGAIN. I can't wait.

Can I start a "USMB Gayest Avatar Poll?"

Or maybe "Spit or Swallow," would be more entertaining?

:lol::lol:

Shakespeare was right.

415882177v3_480x480_Front.jpg

Do you think you're proving ANYTHING? I sure don't.

The gayest avatar poll was done with the full consent of my nomination. We had many good laughs while plotting it. It sure wasn't another thread on a tired subject.

I don't remember spit or swallow, but if you think that was a duplicate of another current event thread then please step up and make your case.

The fact is Samson you're not even a player here on USMB. When's the last time you actually took a chance and put yourself on the line? I sure don't remember it. You're like posters like Father Time that just sort of sit on the sideline and try to inject funny now and then. I couldn't say where you reside on the political spectrum because I've never seen you have the balls to make a definitive statement. Have I? You betchcha. I get in trouble with both libs and cons because of my views. And I don't give a fuck.

You wanna prove that I've started a thread on a current event when 1 was already going? Go for it shitwad, you can't. As a general rule, I don't start threads, it's not really my style, but when I do, you can bet that it's not a duplicate or a triplicate, or a quadruplicate.

In short, fuck you Samson. When you're ready to step up and play you might begin to matter, until then you're nothing, and no 1 here even cares. If I was the kind of person that put people on ignore you'd definitely be a candidate because you've never contributed anything of any value that I've seen.

Do you think you're proving ANYTHING? I sure don't.

The gayest avatar poll was done with the full consent of my nomination. We had many good laughs while plotting it. It sure wasn't another thread on a tired subject.

I don't remember spit or swallow, but if you think that was a duplicate of another current event thread then please step up and make your case.

The fact is Samson you're not even a player here on USMB. When's the last time you actually took a chance and put yourself on the line? I sure don't remember it. You're like posters like Father Time that just sort of sit on the sideline and try to inject funny now and then. I couldn't say where you reside on the political spectrum because I've never seen you have the balls to make a definitive statement. Have I? You betchcha. I get in trouble with both libs and cons because of my views. And I don't give a fuck.

You wanna prove that I've started a thread on a current event when 1 was already going? Go for it shitwad, you can't. As a general rule, I don't start threads, it's not really my style, but when I do, you can bet that it's not a duplicate or a triplicate, or a quadruplicate.

In short, fuck you Samson. When you're ready to step up and play you might begin to matter, until then you're nothing, and no 1 here even cares. If I was the kind of person that put people on ignore you'd definitely be a candidate because you've never contributed anything of any value that I've seen.

"In short:"

(From she who hasn't begun a thread since.......NOVEMBER):lol::lol:

Sorry sweetie, but you got no credability.:funnyface:

New Topics

Forum List

Back