Lawrence O'Donnell Mocks Ann Romney for Riding Horses to Combat Multiple Sclerosis

Yanno......................I'm kinda wondering how a 77,000 tax deduction for business is considered a "member of the family".

I'm still also wondering how a horse that you purchased for an investment can be considered an "Olympic Athlete"? He bought the fucking animal for a tax deduction (actually his wife did).

If I have a dog that wins the Winchester Dog Show, and consider them family (while taking a massive tax deduction), does that mean I have an "athlete" in my family?

Fuck..................no human is even close in DNA to a horse.................

-----------If it helped the woman to deal with MS, which is no joke, my Sister-in-law has it, then who cares if he got a tax deduction from it.

So..............buying a horse you never ride, teaching them stuff you'll never be able to do, and calling in the tax deduction helps one to deal with MS?

I thought it was a bit more intensive than that. One of my best friends named Darlene has the same deal, and moving around helps more than owning a horse that might be allowed to the Olympics is.

Besides.............how many times have you seen that chick ride the horse? I'm guessing none.

Oh are you a doctor?

Yes I seen her ride it. She does it many times a week. Try watching Fox once in awhile even if it makes your heart pump fast just to see the truth.

What a Presidential candidate says and does is more news that what a self-professed biased talk show host says.

You just portrayed Lawrence in ways that are untruthful. Lawrence never pretended .. ever .. to be unbiased. Never. :lol:

learn to spell an insult before you lob one.:laugh2:

---------No doubt O'Donnell should pretend that he knows what he's doing rather than attacking and insulting people who suffer from serious illness. Of course his ignorance is probably what you libs find so attractive.

If your biggest problem is spelling then please start spell-checking all the posts on this site, it might keep you busy for a few years. :badgrin:

You portrayed a talk show host as 'the news media' in order to make a point -- fail

now go away

Dude now days most of the news media is talk show. Since they alter the truth to what they want to say and not get the truth out to what it truely is and thats what makes the left so very happy.

In the end, the spouses and other family members should be off-limits to such criticism, unless it is glaringly apparent it could effect the person running for President or is criminal. Furthermore, if she qualifies for something in healthcare, then she should be able to receive it.

Then it should be an either or thing.

Not both.

If this falls under health care..they shouldn't be able to write it off as a "business".

Perhaps. But again, if the law allows it, just as it does for millions of Americans, then that healthcare should be allowed to be written off as a personal deduction.

The law allows for many things. A corporate executive I knew used his personal credit card to go to travel (written off as by the company)to corporate training and seminars (again written off by the company) that were held in such corporate places as Hawaii and Las Vegas. After he turned in his expenses and was reimbursed..he used those frequent flier miles to travel...first class.

And these are the sorts of folks Bush cut taxes on.

Good job boys.

:clap2:

---------No doubt O'Donnell should pretend that he knows what he's doing rather than attacking and insulting people who suffer from serious illness. Of course his ignorance is probably what you libs find so attractive.

If your biggest problem is spelling then please start spell-checking all the posts on this site, it might keep you busy for a few years. :badgrin:

You portrayed a talk show host as 'the news media' in order to make a point -- fail

now go away

Dude now days most of the news media is talk show. Since they alter the truth to what they want to say and not get the truth out to what it truely is and thats what makes the left so very happy.

"Dude"...that doesn't make them journalists. They are opinion talk shows not NEWS.

And no, misrepresenting the truth does not make "the left" happy at all, but thanks for playing.

Yanno......................I'm kinda wondering how a 77,000 tax deduction for business is considered a "member of the family".

I'm still also wondering how a horse that you purchased for an investment can be considered an "Olympic Athlete"? He bought the fucking animal for a tax deduction (actually his wife did).

If I have a dog that wins the Winchester Dog Show, and consider them family (while taking a massive tax deduction), does that mean I have an "athlete" in my family?

Fuck..................no human is even close in DNA to a horse.................

I'm sure they have horseS plural so why are you jealous?

they're jealous because they be whiney assed democrats and it's in they DNA.

And they know that horses are smarter than than the left any day of the week.

I'm sure they have horseS plural so why are you jealous?

Naw.

Those horses get a bunch of dupes on the right to have tax payers pay for the facilities to house them, people to own them and doctors.

While the very same dupes want to stop funding lunches for hungry American kids.

Good stuff.

Naw.

Those horses get a bunch of dupes on the right to have tax payers pay for the facilities to house them, people to own them and doctors.

While the very same dupes want to stop funding lunches for hungry American kids.

Good stuff.

well if that fat ass michelle would keep her fat ass off vacation we could feed a lot of hungry American kids. see? liberals are evil!

now go away

"Dude"...that doesn't make them journalists. They are opinion talk shows not NEWS.

And no, misrepresenting the truth does not make "the left" happy at all, but thanks for playing.

Well keep watching you lefty media news and you will see the journalists there are just as lame as a talk show host. Take time to view several media stations and you just might see how a news item comes out. If your bright enough you will see the cover up.

I can see it now, I turn on the TV and soft patriotic music comes up; flags wave with montage of prancing horses behind. A sincere voice is heard behind the gaggle of horses: "In America anyone can own a horse, can deduct the horse, all the expenses, the stables clothing the whole schmear." Cheers are heard, music reaches a cresendo and a smiling Romney face appears with the Romney-paste-on-grin, he nods, turns and walks into the sunset, with riding crop slapping at his boots.

Ravi..it wasn't deducted as "Therapy". It was deducted as business.

Which makes this interesting since Ann Romney has said she uses this for therapy.

Again if they bought the horse for competition it could very well be written off. Just because Anne gets therapeutic benefits from riding it does not mean the tax deduction was not legal or justified.

As an analogy:

If a hotel owner installed a new pool it would be a tax write off. If that same hotel owner swam in that same pool and stated that swimming was therapeutic for his arthritis would you call the deduction bogus?

We're not talking about hotels here..we are talking about sports.

Like I said..I'd be interested to see if there was any health care funding for this therapy.

Buying and selling horses for competitions is big business so as I said at least three times the deduction for the horse was most likely kosher.

Just because Anne rides the horse to help her with her MS does not negate the tax deduction.

What don't you get about that?

:rolleyes:

There is no doubt in my mind that the ms excuse came up after people started laughing at the Romneys being elitists for having a horse in the olympics.

And no, a normal person couldn't deduct a seventy seven thousand dollar horse for therapy.

I'll call my cousin and ask her to try it.

If the horse was bought for the olympics or for competition it could be a write off.

If your cousin was running a hippotherapy practice she could write off the cost of the horse as well as the cost of upkeep.
The Romneys aren't running a hippotherapy practice. They are entering a horse into the Olympics. To use the excuse that it is for ms is bogus bullshit and insulting to millions of people that have ms.

ONCE AGAIN!!!

If the horse was bought for competition it can very well be a tax write off. Just because someone rides the horse outside of competition does not negate the tax write off.

How fucking thick are you people?

If the horse was bought for the olympics or for competition it could be a write off.

If your cousin was running a hippotherapy practice she could write off the cost of the horse as well as the cost of upkeep.
The Romneys aren't running a hippotherapy practice. They are entering a horse into the Olympics. To use the excuse that it is for ms is bogus bullshit and insulting to millions of people that have ms.

ONCE AGAIN!!!

If the horse was bought for competition it can very well be a tax write off. Just because someone rides the horse outside of competition does not negate the tax write off.

Mitten is the one that felt the need to excuse it by connecting his business to his wife's health issue.

ONCE AGAIN!!!

Mitten is the one that felt the need to excuse it by connecting his business to his wife's health issue.

Any excuse to pick nits at the expense of a sick person I guess.

:rolleyes:

Romney used his wife's health problem to garner sympathy and in the process showed just how easy it is for the rich AND business owners to game the system at the expense of everyone else.

Class envy?

It's not a scam if it was legal.

FYI I have my business pay for my propane and my AC. And I have ZERO guilt about it. I haven't bought toilet paper, paper towels or coffee in years

The way I figure it is that I pay 50K a year to the fucking feds in income taxes and what I get in return isn't worth that much. Almost half of people pay no income tax at all and some get refunds that amount to more than they paid in taxes. So if I save a few bucks on household goods and heat I think I'm entitled.

And you have yet to prove that Anne's horse was never used in competition or for some other activity related to the business of horses so you can't say it's a scam.

Class envy?

FYI I have my business pay for my propane and my AC. And I have ZERO guilt about it. I haven't bought toilet paper, paper towels or coffee in years

The way I figure it is that I pay 50K a year to the fucking feds in income taxes and what I get in return isn't worth that much. Almost half of people pay no income tax at all and some get refunds that amount to more than they paid in taxes. So if I save a few bucks on household goods and heat I think I'm entitled.

And you have yet to prove that Anne's horse was never used in competition or for some other activity related to the business of horses so you can't say it's a scam.

I didn't say it was a scam. Don't get so defensive. Here we have a man with a sliver spoon in his mouth that pays a very low tax rate courtesy of the people of the United States and he's such a dick that he won't even pony up for a horse out of his own earnings to give to his wife....instead, to avoid missing out on a tax break, he takes the money out of the general population's pocket.

I have the ability to have my company pay for my toilet paper as well, but I certainly have more scruples than to do it.

Threads like this really show the lack of class in some people

Of course we did have that classy thread about Palin loving her some chocolate.

Class envy?

Really? No toilet paper or paper towels?

So..............how much is the bidet, and how much do you pay slaves to clean your hands?

Or.................are you just another dirty republican?

New Topics

Forum List

Back