Lawmakers warned the Pentagon about US special operations forces vacancies

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate Armed Services Committees sent a letter to Defense Secretary Mark Esper on Tuesday expressing concern about staffing vacancies in the office overseeing special operations.

Does that mean there are a lot of vacant offices in the Five Sided Puzzle Palace? Could it be something that’s on purpose? More Draining the Swamp?

The article spends a lot of time bemoaning the resignations of civilians in the Special Operations field. I’m just wondering if they shouldn’t also be bemoaning the senior officers left to run the programs without them.

More @ Lawmakers warned the Pentagon about US special operations forces vacancies the same day the official overseeing them resigned

There are a lot of special forces of various units from all the uniformed military services that retire in Jacksonville for whatever the reason may be and about the only thing I've heard about oversight is that knowledge of what type of a special operator is best for what particular operations is lacking among the brass. And so far as I know the war college critiques of special operators being unnecessary has not yet been refuted. That sure sounds like schizoid policy.

More political posturing in congress? It's interesting to note that the Navy Seals used to be the point in Sp/Ops operations while the Seals were the darling of the CIA during democrat administrations. Since President Trump restored Seal Chief Gallagher to his rank after a cabal of chicken shit Seals tried to frame him for murder, maybe President Trump realizes that the CIA is part of the "swamp" and the Seals ain't as good as they claim and the Military is a better choice in running Special Ops.

Forum List

Back