Lawmakers introduce Puerto Rico statehood bill - Again

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
It's time to end the 120 years of American colonialism. I say we just cut them loose and give them their independence.

"Washington A bipartisan group of lawmakers introduced legislation Thursday that would admit Puerto Rico into the union as the 51st state without a referendum on the island's territorial status.

The bill was unveiled by Florida Rep. Darren Soto, a Democrat who represents parts of Orlando and its large Puerto Rican community, during a press conference in Washington attended by the island's Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, a vocal supporter of Puerto Rican statehood. If enacted, the legislation would automatically trigger the island's admission into the union, bypassing any referendum.

"I'm exited about the possibility of finally ending this historic injustice. It's time for all Puerto Ricans to be united behind a noble and Democratic effort," Soto said alongside Rosselló, local Puerto Rican leaders and Reps. Ruben Gallego, Jamie Raskin, Don Young and Jenniffer González-Colón, the island's non-voting delegate. "It's time to let the old battle lines fade away. It's time to end 120 years of colonialism."

Lawmakers introduce Puerto Rico statehood bill: "It's time to end 120 years of colonialism"

It's time to end the 120 years of American colonialism. I say we just cut them loose and give them their independence.

"Washington A bipartisan group of lawmakers introduced legislation Thursday that would admit Puerto Rico into the union as the 51st state without a referendum on the island's territorial status.

The bill was unveiled by Florida Rep. Darren Soto, a Democrat who represents parts of Orlando and its large Puerto Rican community, during a press conference in Washington attended by the island's Gov. Ricardo Rosselló, a vocal supporter of Puerto Rican statehood. If enacted, the legislation would automatically trigger the island's admission into the union, bypassing any referendum.

"I'm exited about the possibility of finally ending this historic injustice. It's time for all Puerto Ricans to be united behind a noble and Democratic effort," Soto said alongside Rosselló, local Puerto Rican leaders and Reps. Ruben Gallego, Jamie Raskin, Don Young and Jenniffer González-Colón, the island's non-voting delegate. "It's time to let the old battle lines fade away. It's time to end 120 years of colonialism."

Lawmakers introduce Puerto Rico statehood bill: "It's time to end 120 years of colonialism"
Leftards love Leftard governments.

Leftists need those votes! That's ALL this is about.

Puerto Ricans are not competent for statehood.
Cubans have somewhat confirmed their abilities in So FL
The Dominicans ( same Island as Haiti) have also proven themselves to govern( to a point)

No fucking way, that toilet is just another sniveling, entitled parasite on the United States. Nothing good can come from our country being involved with 3rd-world, hurricane-bait Caribbean vermin.

Immediately after Puerto Rico was annexed in 1898 your ancestors made sure that Puerto Rico would not become a state by declaring that the island was an UNINCORPORATED TERRITORY. First time that happened in the nation's history.

It appears that they found out that we were a bunch on stump jumpers, jungle bunnies who engaged in interracial marriage.

So of course as soon as we voted to become a state , ie, for equality under the law, the Aryan Brotherhood wants to Puerto Rico to be separated from the union.

Well you miserable stupid fucks , becoming a state is a mere formality since for the most part PR is treated as if it was a state.

We are Americans Citizens so we can move to any state of the Union whenever we want to and immediately start fucking your wives and daughters.

BTW, in 1993 Slick Willy was forced to admit that Hawaii was illegally forced into statehood , native Hawaiians were not allowed to vote , only the White Europeans who were in the military could vote.

So I guess we will have to wait until a white European "majority" relocates down here and votes for statehood.

Immediately after Puerto Rico was annexed in 1898 your ancestors made sure that Puerto Rico would not become a state by declaring that the island was an UNINCORPORATED TERRITORY. First time that happened in the nation's history.

It appears that they found out that we were a bunch on stump jumpers, jungle bunnies who engaged in interracial marriage.

So of course as soon as we voted to become a state , ie, for equality under the law, the Aryan Brotherhood wants to Puerto Rico to be separated from the union.

Well you miserable stupid fucks , becoming a state is a mere formality since for the most part PR is treated as if it was a state.

We are Americans Citizens so we can move to any state of the Union whenever we want to and immediately start fucking your wives and daughters.

BTW, in 1993 Slick Willy was forced to admit that Hawaii was illegally forced into statehood , native Hawaiians were not allowed to vote , only the White Europeans who were in the military could vote.

So I guess we will have to wait until a white European "majority" relocates down here and votes for statehood.

Awwwwww... somebody's got a San Juan -sized chip on his widdle shoulder... tee-hee...

What happened to this bill? Is there some chance the Congress will approve it?
Just curious :)

What happens if they become a state and it opens a pandoras box of other areas within our boundaries separating from what they are part of now? In affect becoming part of other states or creating new ones with new Senators added and representatives taken from the old areas they were from.

I don't know that Puerto Rico even WANTS to be a state. I think they're pretty happy just as they are. Did anyone bother to ask them?

If AOC is an example, I say we resume using that shithole for naval target practice and sink it.

I don't know that Puerto Rico even WANTS to be a state. I think they're pretty happy just as they are. Did anyone bother to ask them?
There was a referendum in 2017 and 97.18% of voters chose the statehood option :)

2017 Puerto Rican status referendum - Wikipedia

Why is Puerto Rico even a U.S. territory? The Cold War is over, we don't need them strategically anymore. CUT THEM LOOSE!

Los Unidos de Puerto Rico, Independence!!!!!

There was a referendum in 2017 and 97.18% of voters chose the statehood option :)

2017 Puerto Rican status referendum - Wikipedia

Good to know.

Forum List

Back