Law banning hand gun sales to people under the age of 21 is unConstitutional. Good decision, women are safer now.

So...you are a 19 year old woman in college, away from home and you have to walk home from a night class to your parked car............why shouldn't you be able to own and carry a gun to protect yourself?

If you can vote at 17, if you can be sent over seas to kill for your country, you should be able to own and carry a gun to protect yourself and your family.....

“Our nation’s most cherished constitutional rights vest no later than 18.” That’s a fact and a finding that’s awfully inconvenient for the moral superiors who make up the Civilian Disarmament Industrial Complex.
-------

As Judge Julius Richardson wrote for the three-judge panel . . .

Plaintiffs seek an injunction and a declaratory judgment that several federal laws and regulations that prevent federally licensed gun dealers from selling handguns to any 18-, 19-, or 20-year-old violate the Second Amendment. We first find that 18-year-olds possess Second Amendment rights. They enjoy almost every other constitutional right, and they were required at the time of the Founding to serve in the militia and furnish their own weapons. We then ask, as our precedent requires, whether the government has met its burden to justify its infringement of those rights under the appropriate level of scrutiny. To justify this restriction, Congress used disproportionate crime rates to craft overinclusive laws that restrict the rights of overwhelmingly law-abiding citizens. And in doing so, Congress focused on purchases from licensed dealers without establishing those dealers as the source of the guns 18- to 20-year-olds use to commit crimes. So we hold that the challenged federal laws and regulations are unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. Despite the weighty interest in reducing crime and violence, we refuse to relegate either the Second Amendment or 18- to 20-year-olds to a second-class status. (emphasis added).

Imagine this is your daughter......would you want her to have the gun?

What I want you to know on Gun Violence Awareness Day

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.
Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Without my gun, I would not be alive today.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.
===============

Versus this outcome....

Unable to carry a firearm for protection while on campus, concealed-carry permit holder Amanda Collins was brutally raped. Today, her fight to save other women from a similar fate is helping her along the road to healing.

Amanda Collins never had a chance.

If anyone could have physically resisted a six-foot-tall attacker with martial arts training, it would have been her. After all, she is a second-degree black belt in Tae kwon do.

“It took me a few years to realize that not everybody’s parents made them get their second-degree black belt to get their driver’s license,” Collins laughed during an exclusive interview with America’s 1st Freedom.

Collins, a concealed-carry permit holder, studied education and English at the University of Nevada, Reno. But there are two things that are against the law on Nevada college campuses—rape, and carrying a gun for protection against rapists. Like the vast majority of “enlightened” public universities nationwide, UNR prohibits lawfully armed citizens from protecting themselves on campus.

Just like thousands of other students, Collins was deprived of the right to defend herself.

On Oct. 22, 2007, Collins was on campus to take a late-night midterm. She parked in the same garage where campus police park their cruisers—less than 100 yards from the police station—to avoid having to cross campus after dark.

Leaving class after 10 p.m., the attractive 5-foot-2 junior dutifully followed the “safety in numbers” rule by walking with several classmates to the garage until they parted ways to their different levels.

Displaying the awareness inherent in a concealed-carry permit holder with a black belt in martial arts, Collins scanned the area around her car as she approached. She didn’t see the man hunched down between two vehicles, patiently waiting. In an instant, the man pulled Collins down, put a gun to her temple, clicked off the safety and ordered her not to say anything.

I love it how your example is even false.

Michigan law prohibits concealed handgun license holders from carrying a concealed handgun in a dormitory or classroom of a community college, college, or university.

So...you are a 19 year old woman in college, away from home and you have to walk home from a night class to your parked car............why shouldn't you be able to own and carry a gun to protect yourself?

If you can vote at 17, if you can be sent over seas to kill for your country, you should be able to own and carry a gun to protect yourself and your family.....

“Our nation’s most cherished constitutional rights vest no later than 18.” That’s a fact and a finding that’s awfully inconvenient for the moral superiors who make up the Civilian Disarmament Industrial Complex.
-------

Plaintiffs seek an injunction and a declaratory judgment that several federal laws and regulations that prevent federally licensed gun dealers from selling handguns to any 18-, 19-, or 20-year-old violate the Second Amendment. We first find that 18-year-olds possess Second Amendment rights. They enjoy almost every other constitutional right, and they were required at the time of the Founding to serve in the militia and furnish their own weapons. We then ask, as our precedent requires, whether the government has met its burden to justify its infringement of those rights under the appropriate level of scrutiny. To justify this restriction, Congress used disproportionate crime rates to craft overinclusive laws that restrict the rights of overwhelmingly law-abiding citizens. And in doing so, Congress focused on purchases from licensed dealers without establishing those dealers as the source of the guns 18- to 20-year-olds use to commit crimes. So we hold that the challenged federal laws and regulations are unconstitutional under the Second Amendment. Despite the weighty interest in reducing crime and violence, we refuse to relegate either the Second Amendment or 18- to 20-year-olds to a second-class status. (emphasis added).

I correctly listened to my instincts; I had a feeling that my life was in danger in that elevator and prepared myself mentally for what was potentially to come.

I ran to my car in an attempt to escape and, before I could even get my entire body in my car, I was tackled by my attacker.

This man quickly overpowered me, stabbed at me with a knife, clamped his hand over my mouth multiple times, and repeatedly tried forcing me in the passenger seat of my car while telling me, “We’re going.”

The entire time this was happening, a rusted, serrated knife was being stabbed towards my abdomen and held at my face.

I had been hit in the face, thrown over my driver’s side console, and had rips in my tights from his hands trying to force my legs up and over into the passenger seat.

There are some individuals that think gun owners are “trigger happy” and wanting to pull their weapons out at the first opportunity. There is nothing further from the truth.

The night I was attacked, I fought like hell for my life before reaching for my gun. I kicked, I screamed, I had all ten fingernails ripped off and bloodied from scratching and trying to fight my way out of a literal life and death situation.
Ultimately, I accessed my gun, shot my attacker multiple times, and saved my life. He will be spending years in prison for what he did to me.

Using a gun in self-protection is not a decision one makes lightly; in fact, I never dreamed that I would be forced into a situation where I would have to do so. However, I also never imagined such evil existing in the world so that I would be powerless, wounded, on my back and unable to physically force my attacker off of me.

I owned a gun and had been trained on how to use it. I know how to safely carry and that a gun is a serious and significant weapon; it is not to be used carelessly. Naysayers and people with opposing opinions may try to undermine my situation with hypotheticals. I cannot answer these questions. All I can do is tell the facts of my story and the true account of how I saved my own life.

What I want you to know on Gun Awareness Day is that a gun in the hands of a potential victim is not improperly placed; it can be the only thing keeping her from being brutally raped and murdered.

Guns are not the problem in America; men like my attacker -- who are willing to violently change one person’s life for no reason except for pure evil – are the problem.

Be safe at all times. Be aware of your surroundings. Trust your instincts. Always be able to protect yourself. Refuse to be a victim, and instead be a fighter and a survivor. Live to tell your tale and make a criminal regret the day he chose you as a “soft target.” My gun saved my life, and one could save yours too.
===============

Versus this outcome....

Unable to carry a firearm for protection while on campus, concealed-carry permit holder Amanda Collins was brutally raped. Today, her fight to save other women from a similar fate is helping her along the road to healing.

If anyone could have physically resisted a six-foot-tall attacker with martial arts training, it would have been her. After all, she is a second-degree black belt in Tae kwon do.

“It took me a few years to realize that not everybody’s parents made them get their second-degree black belt to get their driver’s license,” Collins laughed during an exclusive interview with America’s 1st Freedom.

Collins, a concealed-carry permit holder, studied education and English at the University of Nevada, Reno. But there are two things that are against the law on Nevada college campuses—rape, and carrying a gun for protection against rapists. Like the vast majority of “enlightened” public universities nationwide, UNR prohibits lawfully armed citizens from protecting themselves on campus.

Just like thousands of other students, Collins was deprived of the right to defend herself.

On Oct. 22, 2007, Collins was on campus to take a late-night midterm. She parked in the same garage where campus police park their cruisers—less than 100 yards from the police station—to avoid having to cross campus after dark.

Leaving class after 10 p.m., the attractive 5-foot-2 junior dutifully followed the “safety in numbers” rule by walking with several classmates to the garage until they parted ways to their different levels.

Displaying the awareness inherent in a concealed-carry permit holder with a black belt in martial arts, Collins scanned the area around her car as she approached. She didn’t see the man hunched down between two vehicles, patiently waiting. In an instant, the man pulled Collins down, put a gun to her temple, clicked off the safety and ordered her not to say anything.

Michigan law prohibits concealed handgun license holders from carrying a concealed handgun in a dormitory or classroom of a community college, college, or university.

Nope.....not false at all...i just shows more needs to be done to keep women safe on campuses, you doofus.....

Are you this fucking stupid in real life, or just when you post?

There is a 2nd amendment section to post in. I gave my five year old a gun and he loved it.

Then you're an idiot....
He's already a sharp shooter, never too young to learn firearm safety and use, along with goose stepping and saluting.

It didn't take long for you anti-civil rights nutters to show up...
What civil rights am I against? I was given a Browning .22 when I was five.

Pretty much all of them from what I can tell, but you seem to have a particular hatred for our rights to self-defense, free speech, and equality. In other words, you're a good DemoKKKrat.
Who's attacking our first amendment rights?

We hear a lot of complaining these days about a supposed “cancel culture,” most of it coming from conservatives who believe they’re being censored or punished for unpopular opinions. They seem to believe that under the First Amendment, they have the right to say racist things, sexist things and blatantly false and dangerous things without suffering any consequence. That’s not true and it has never been true. Expressing unpopular opinions has always come with a price, and the First Amendment guarantees only that government won’t be the one exacting that price.

However, when state political leaders threaten to use the power of taxation to try to silence people or corporations who criticize them, as legislators have done with Delta, then we’ve got a real First Amendment problem. That’s direct government suppression of political speech, and it’s a lot more widespread than just Georgia.

For example, after Major League Baseball announced it was moving its annual All-Star game from Atlanta to Colorado, in protest against the same election law that Delta and other companies have condemned, Republican members of Congress announced that they would try to punish baseball by stripping it of its valuable longtime anti-trust exemption. Again, they seek to use the power of government to punish those taking a particular political stance.

In addition, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, a man who has long championed the idea that corporations should have the same rights as human beings to participate in politics, is now telling those same corporations to shut up but keep the financial donations flowing, threatening “serious consequences” if they do not.

“My warning, if you will, to corporate America is to stay out of politics,” McConnell said last week.

That’s pretty hilarious. For generations now, the partnership between corporate America and the Republican Party has been considered unshakable, and McConnell has been at the center of it. The fact that the alliance is now failing, that this week even the U.S. Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsement of 23 Democratic House members for re-election, offers proof of how radical and out of the mainstream the modern Republican Party has become.

The race-baiting, the utter disdain for truth, the embrace of violence as an implied if not actual source of political leverage, the attacks on elections, the erratic governance and rejection of science – much of corporate America wants nothing to do with any of it. Corporate leaders know that a diverse America is both their customer base and their employee base, their source of future profits and stability, and when forced to take sides, Republicans are making that choice easy for them.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

Nope.....not false at all...i just shows more needs to be done to keep women safe on campuses, you doofus.....

I'm just saying your example was total bullshit. A woman can't carry a gun to her college classes idiot. Of course you don't know that because you aren't educated.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

I'm just saying your example was total bullshit. A woman can't carry a gun to her college classes idiot. Of course you don't know that because you aren't educated.

Yes...idiot, that is the point the woman was making, you moron. The college didn't allow her to carry a gun with her and she was raped. Women go to college starting at 17-18 years of age, so this court ruling is one step in the right direction....the next step, you idiot, is ending the gun free zone status of colleges...so women aren't raped in their parking lots.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

Its not unconstitutional at all, no one is saying you cant own a gun. Law says you need to be 21 to buy a handgun. The constitution says nothing about age at all.

A college is also private property. NO one is saying she cant own a gun, they are saying she cant have one there. They own the college and make the rules.

And having a gun on her wouldn't have saved her, just like her "martial arts training" didn't save her because she got caught off guard. Just because you have a gun doesnt mean bad stuff wont happen to you.

I can honestly tell you after spending years in the rangers a knife is your better option if the attacker is less than 6ft away. I can close the gap on someone with a gun in 10ft before they can even draw the thing.

Defending gun ownership is great. But doing so in such a blatantly knee jerk reaction way and just saying "youll be safe if you have a gun" is dumb and short sighted and not realistic at all.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

Yes...idiot, that is the point the woman was making, you moron. The college didn't allow her to carry a gun with her and she was raped. Women go to college starting at 17-18 years of age, so this court ruling is one step in the right direction....the next step, you idiot, is ending the gun free zone status of colleges...so women aren't raped in their parking lots.
So carry a shank if you can't carry a gun.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

Its not unconstitutional at all, no one is saying you cant own a gun. Law says you need to be 21 to buy a handgun. The constitution says nothing about age at all.

And having a gun on her wouldn't have saved her, just like her "martial arts training" didn't save her because she got caught off guard.
You do not have to be 21 to buy a gun...You can buy one from a friend or relative at any age.

Law says you need to be 21 to buy a handgun. The constitution says nothing about age at all.
You are correct, the constitution does not say anything about age. So, at what age do you feel constitutional protections come into play? Are you not afforded freedom of speech, religion, association, equal justice because you are not an adult? Children are American citizens as much as adults. It is parental responsibility to train their children--not the government.

You are correct, the constitution does not say anything about age. So, at what age do you feel constitutional protections come into play? Are you not afforded freedom of speech, religion, association, equal justice because you are not an adult? Children are American citizens as much as adults. It is parental responsibility to train their children--not the government.

I agree actually. It's the same thing as parents teaching their children not to touch anything hot or run into the street.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

Ok I agree with that. Every woman should have a little gun in her purse. Not every women but enough that creeps know not to mess with women.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

A college is also private property. NO one is saying she cant own a gun, they are saying she cant have one there. They own the college and make the rules.

And having a gun on her wouldn't have saved her, just like her "martial arts training" didn't save her because she got caught off guard. Just because you have a gun doesnt mean bad stuff wont happen to you.

I can honestly tell you after spending years in the rangers a knife is your better option if the attacker is less than 6ft away. I can close the gap on someone with a gun in 10ft before they can even draw the thing.

Defending gun ownership is great. But doing so in such a blatantly knee jerk reaction way and just saying "youll be safe if you have a gun" is dumb and short sighted and not realistic at all.

a knife is one option at less than 6 feet but it isnt better than a gun at 6 feet. A knife still requires physical strength to use effectively and to use it against a stronger male attacker requires a lot more effort than a gun at 6 ft or less. 8 -9 pounds of pressure with one finger can cause traumatic injury and more important can intimidate a large number of attackers from attacking in the first place. I have trained with knives a good part of my life and i know what they are and arent capable of

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

i never say you will be safe if you have a gun i state that a gun is the best tool for self defense over a knife, stick or bare hands.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

This should be a no-brainer. Thanks for sharing.

-------

===============

Versus this outcome....

This should be a no-brainer. Thanks for sharing.

You can enlist in the Army, Navy, Marines at 17 and after basic training, 8 weeks, and 6 weeks of infantry Advanced training, you can be sent to kill for your country...but when you get home, you can't own or carry a gun to protect yourself or your family?

New Topics

Forum List

Back