Bob Blaylock

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2015
38°29′ North 121°26′ West
Latrodectus Hesperus, AKA, the Western Black Widow.

ZSC_6228n.jpg
ZSC_6217n.jpg
ZSC_6219n.jpg

ZSC_6224n.jpg

My aunt and uncle have a ton of black widows in their garage. I go out there for the summer, they want me to clean their garage.

back in the early 30s my Dad and other kids were at the dumps shooting rats . Dad was bitten , he was probably 10 years old . He almost died , he said it was a Black Widow spider bite .

We fought brown widows last year. Finally won the battle, I hope.
Female brown widow
Latrodectus_geometricus08.jpg

Where's my old boot?

What happened between the Black Widow and Banana spider?

I used to shoot Banana spiders with a bb gun. They look scary, but they're OK.

Black and brown widows are not.

Had an aunt at age 74, years ago bitten by what they think must have been a black widow in Ok. She was hospitalized for quite awhile. It was touch and go there for awhile.
back in the early 30s my Dad and other kids were at the dumps shooting rats . Dad was bitten , he was probably 10 years old . He almost died , he said it was a Black Widow spider bite .

My aunt and uncle have a ton of black widows in their garage. I go out there for the summer, they want me to clean their garage.
---------------------------------------------- well , get out there and get to work Marion .

Way back, packing to move from Colorado, I was working in the garage, felt a tickle, and there was a black widow walking across the back of my hand. I just watched and she went on. I did squash her after she was on the bench.

Arizona - lots of black widows and brow recluse. Where I am now, only brown recluse but there are a couple in the bathroom every night. They're not good swimmers, especially if they're squished. Poorly designed, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Way back, packing to move from Colorado, I was working in the garage, felt a tickle, and there was a black widow walking across the back of my hand. I just watched and she went on. I did squash her after she was on the bench.

Arizona - lots of black widows and brow recluse. Where I am now, only brown recluse but there are a couple in the bathroom every night. They're not good swimmers, especially if they're squished. Poorly designed, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
---------------------------------------------- some might think that its a shame that you saw them Luddley !!

aqua net and a lighter . And i remember as a kid and No Aquanet and it was probably about 1959 or thereabouts and i put a match to a cedar 2 by 4 in a friends parents garage , Man that 2 by 4 wanted to burn and burn quick . Luckily i was able put the fire out , man , i was lucky . ----------------- just a comment .

An immature Latrodectus Hesperus. At this point,I cannot tell if it's male or female. If female, she'll turn blacker as she ages.

ZSC_9979_4x5n.jpg
ZSC_9969gn.jpg

And a few other spiders, not Latrodectus

Phidippus Audax. the “Bold Jumping Spider” or “Daring Jumping Spider”.

ZSC_9861n.jpg

Pholcus Phalangioides, the “Skull Spider”, or “Daddy Longlegs Spider”.

ZSC_7961n.jpg
ZSC_7933n.jpg

And a few unknown varieties…

ZSC_9650g1Kv.jpg
ZSC_9683_1920x2400.jpg
ZSC_9987n.jpg
ZSC_9987_2000x1600.jpg

Forum List

Back