Latina councilmember's Zoom chat about racism interrupted by people laughing over her accent

While discussing racial disparities amid the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, a Latina councilmember in Maryland was interrupted by two people — as they giggled and mocked her accent.

"I love how her accent comes out and pronounces words like she thinks they're pronounced," one person said, specifically calling out the way Navarro pronounced the words "represent" and "hologram."

....Chuckling, another responded, "I heard 'hologram,' and I was like, 'That's kind of interesting.'"

"So cute," the first replied, still laughing.

WTF is wrong with people? Really.
Core Americans are fed up with this multiculturalism bullshit.
Mexicrats have all but demanded that we turn 1950’s racist again....trust me, it’s coming, it’s happening...BIG TIME!
Further, there was a time when communication skills and the ability to articulate the English language were a must for ANYBODY to hold a legitimate job...let’s get back to America being American....trust me, it won’t suck.

Except that urge to throat punch you.
For what offense?

For latching on like a jelly fish and spouting nonsense. I'm trying to chalk it up to the time of day but you are making it difficult.
OFFS! I speak Czech and people make fun of my accent. It's not the end of the fucking world. I reasonably remind the that I can communicate with about half of the world while they can't, and I don't chalk it up to xenophobia.

Just stupid. Seems in woke culture people are looking for excuses to be victims.

For latching on like a jelly fish and spouting nonsense.
What nonsense am I spouting?

Assuming the two people thought they were off-line then they were only expressing their personal opinions

which they have a right to do

I’ll go farther and say that in deep blue maryland they were probably libs

libs who were influenced by the huge influx of foreigners to their county when they would normally be singing the liberal national anthem of “Come on in! The more the merrier!”

let’s get back to America being American
When was that? During the Manifest Destiny absurdity? The UNCivil War? The carpet bagger period? Reconstruction? Military attacks on Mormons? Kent State? Waco? Ruby Ridge? JFK? 1953?

let’s get back to America being American
When was that? During the Manifest Destiny absurdity? The UNCivil War? The carpet bagger period? Reconstruction? Military attacks on Mormons? Kent State? Waco? Ruby Ridge? JFK? 1953?

When EVERYONE who arrived couldn’t wait to leave behind the filth and bullshit they fled, when they couldn’t morph themselves into a legit American fast enough.
Don’t dumb down for FEELZ.

For latching on like a jelly fish and spouting nonsense.
What nonsense am I spouting?

Assuming the two people thought they were off-line then they were only expressing their personal opinions

which they have a right to do

I’ll go farther and say that in deep blue maryland they were probably libs

libs who were influenced by the huge influx of foreigners to their county when they would normally be singing the liberal national anthem of “Come on down! The more the merrier!”
I wouldn't say they were libs. I would say they were Democrats. They were ridiculing someone's accent WHILE that someone was discussing racism-- which is adding fuel to the fire. And no. That isn't the liberal national anthem. That's the Price is Right.

The liberal national anthem is kumbaya and it's sung while barefoot on the sand of an island drinking an IPA. Or not at all.

The liberal national anthem is kumbaya and it's sung while barefoot on the sand of an island drinking an IPA. Or not at all.
The left is fully invested in packing America with as many foreigners as possible

and then using their high numbers to take over their new home and remake their new country in their own image

If the immigrants are not happy about the way they are being treated neither are the natives pleased with the immigrants either

The left is fully invested in packing America with as many foreigners as possible

and then using their high numbers to take over their new home and remake their new country in their own image

If the immigrants are not happy about the way they are being treated neither are the natives pleased with the immigrants either
The Democratic Party is filled with neoliberals and their interest is on lowering wages. That's it. For those that are in the country now or have been for some time this is simply more divide and conquer so that no one is paying attention to the neoliberal wage lowering.

The Democratic Party is filled with neoliberals and their interest is on lowering wages. That's it. For those that are in the country now or have been for some time this is simply more divide and conquer so that no one is paying attention to the neoliberal wage lowering.
You and I correctly understand that a surplus of labor results in lower wages

but I think that is just a minor benefit of democrat immigration policy

the larger goal is to fundamentally change America

You and I correctly understand that a surplus of labor results in lower wages

but I think that is just a minor benefit of democrat immigration policy

the larger goal is to fundamentally change America
They aren't that deep. Take a look around you just on the board...........there is no depth.

The social justice warriors wo post here ; m m. M n
They aren't that deep. Take a look around you just on the board...........there is no depth.
The typical social justice warrior around here camps far away from the tent where the central planning takes place

Let's give some slack to those Zoom employees.

They thought they were on mute.

So they only discussed something between themselves that other people watching the program were also silently or openly snickering about.

Most people, of course, would never go out of their way to ridicule a foreign accent.

But it is just human to be amused or annoyed by an accent that is so different from the ordinary.

New Topics

Forum List

Back