Latina councilmember's Zoom chat about racism interrupted by people laughing over her accent

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
While discussing racial disparities amid the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, a Latina councilmember in Maryland was interrupted by two people — as they giggled and mocked her accent.

"I love how her accent comes out and pronounces words like she thinks they're pronounced," one person said, specifically calling out the way Navarro pronounced the words "represent" and "hologram."

....Chuckling, another responded, "I heard 'hologram,' and I was like, 'That's kind of interesting.'"

"So cute," the first replied, still laughing.

WTF is wrong with people? Really.

"For me personally, I've always had this interesting dilemma in my years of public service, which has been this bizarre disconnect in terms of who we are in Montgomery County," Navarro, the first Latina and the only woman serving on the council, said. "We're still perceived as a totally, we're like some other hologram of a county that doesn't look anything like who we actually are."
Seems they couldn't even come up with a word like "interesting" on their own.

While discussing racial disparities amid the COVID-19 vaccine rollout, a Latina councilmember in Maryland was interrupted by two people — as they giggled and mocked her accent.

"I love how her accent comes out and pronounces words like she thinks they're pronounced," one person said, specifically calling out the way Navarro pronounced the words "represent" and "hologram."

....Chuckling, another responded, "I heard 'hologram,' and I was like, 'That's kind of interesting.'"

I agree--the IDIOTS discussing RACISM are fkd up in the head
jesus fkn christ!!!!!!!!!
RACE RACE RACE---you people are out of your minds

You could have gone to another thread. You weak minded fool that was incapable of reading another thread.

You could have gone to another thread. You weak minded fool that was incapable of reading another thread.
again--I've ask MANY times for you people to PROVE your racial crap===and you people never have!!!!!!!!!

..racial disparities in the vaccine roll out!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
...next you will be talking about how Hurricane Katrina was racist against blacks only------ooo--they did that!!!!!!!
dumbasses
Yeah I don't get how vaccine distribution is somehow racist.

Everyone in my state has to go through the exact same process to schedule a shot.

...next you will be talking about how Hurricane Katrina was racist against blacks only------ooo--they did that!!!!!!!
dumbasses
Actually, I didn't see any racial disparities in the roll out of the vaccine here. I am following several states roll out and it doesn't appear to be happening there.

again--I've ask MANY times for you people to PROVE your racial crap===and you people never have!!!!!!!!!
Shut the fuck up. Identify a prior post of mine that is touting "racial crap" or STFU and sit down.

dumbasses

Everyone in my state has to go through the exact same process to schedule a shot.
.......thank you---and if the mods will allow me to give an EXAMPLE/and comparison:
many years ago, the blacks complained about how firefighter exams were biased for whites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....so, a radio or tv guy asked them to explain HOW that could be ....and he got NO answers!!!!!
all bullshit

Shut the fuck up. Identify a prior post of mine that is touting "racial crap" or STFU and sit down.
you have no proof---as USUAL with all this racial bullshit
.....mods, can I ask for proof??? and if they don't give proof, can I call BULLSHIT?

.....mods, can I ask for proof??? and if they don't give proof, can I call BULLSHIT?
I just posted stating that I'm not seeing it where I am at. But, please continue to act like a deranged tweaker.

I just posted stating that I'm not seeing it where I am at. But, please continue to act like a deranged tweaker.
your quote:
''''WTF is wrong with people? Really.'''''

your quote:
Yep. WTF could you possibly be thinking ridiculing someone's accent that is giving a speech on racism? What level of stupid do you have to be?

your quote:
Yep. WTF could you possibly be thinking ridiculing someone's accent that is giving a speech on racism? What level of stupid do you have to be?
THEY are the RACISTS for even bringing up the stupidshit about vaccine roll out racism!!!!!!

your quote:
THEY are the RACISTS for even bringing up the stupidshit about vaccine roll out racism!!!!!!

Ok.

dumbasses

40% of their county is foreign born and their area/state rates at toward the bottom for getting the vaccine out....sounds like all these foreign born having trouble speaking english are inept. But hey, why say what it is...when Navarro can try to spin race and act like it is somehow a white conspiracy to keep vaccines from getting out in an obvious hispanic (ineptly run) community. The problem isn't the employees making jokes at her poor speaking ability, but her not running the county's health department correctly and her then blaming some other race who have nothing to do with the incompetency.

Actually Maryland is among the worst States according to the recent NYT study. Many factors involved. Much to be learned and done.
The NYT is no place to go for factual information. Especially one that pushes the notion there is a lack of access to the internet to obtain the vaccine.

Forum List

Back