Last WW2 Medal of Honor Recipient Is Called Home

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
June 29, 2022
Huntington, West Virginia
Hershel “Woody” Williams VA Medical Center

Today at 3:15am, Hershel Woodrow Williams, affectionately known by many as Woody went home to be with the Lord. Woody peacefully joined his beloved wife Ruby while surrounded by his family at the VA Medical Center which bears his name.

Details about the funeral and memorial services will be shared as that information becomes available.

Woody’s family would like to express their sincere gratitude for all of the love and support. They would also like to share that

Woody’s wish is that people continue to carry on his mission.

All correspondence and condolences may be sent to the Woody Williams Foundation via email at [email protected] or via mail at:

Woody Williams Foundation 12123 Shelbyville Rd.
Suite 100
Louisville, KY 40243

Honor-Recognize-Serve,
-The Woody Williams Family and Foundation
1656519952944.png

The term, 'being called home' is not appropriate for all people who could have an interest in this story.
It could be more appropriate in the 'religion' section where the notion can be politely and rationally debated.

I object as an atheist.

The term, 'being called home' is not appropriate for all people who could have an interest in this story.
It could be more appropriate in the 'religion' section where the notion can be politely and rationally debated.

I object as an atheist.
Get a life, dumb ass.

Adm. Nimitz characterized the U.S. Marine offensive on Iwo Jima by "uncommon valor was a common virtue" and it seemed that Williams went beyond that. Semper Fi.

I object as an atheist.
Perhaps you should put your objections in one hand and a fresh cow pie in the other and see which one has more substance.

If there is a heaven (and I hope there is) you know Marine Woody Williams being greeted by 6,000 other Marines who died on that God forsaken island in 1945

Forum List

Back