Last Stand: I Refuse to Give Up This Republic Without a Fight

It is rather zany when republicans start acting as if they have natural ownership of the patriotic symbols and military history of the United States and are the only legitimate rulers of OUR nation.
We do NOT have rulers. We have elected public servants.

But hey, try this.

Stop with the instinct to blame America first for EVERYTHING, and maybe we'll let you have a few of those symbols back.

What say you? Care to name one thing....just one...that America is exceptional for?

Just one..

Americans are not required to ‘prove’ their patriotism.

And indeed, being critical of government is the highest expression of patriotism.
Being critical of government and blaming America are TWO different things.

I note you did NOT answer the challenge.

Like Obama, in a crisis, your instinct is to turn against your country before even knowing the facts.

Fail, and you lost the initiative.

Can't even take a second to praise your own country. How telling that is on your character.

Voting is the easy part, the hard work most are unwilling to do, is holding those elected to actually doing the job they were elected to do.

It is rather zany when republicans start acting as if they have natural ownership of the patriotic symbols and military history of the United States and are the only legitimate rulers of OUR nation.
We do NOT have rulers. We have elected public servants.

But hey, try this.

Stop with the instinct to blame America first for EVERYTHING, and maybe we'll let you have a few of those symbols back.

What say you? Care to name one thing....just one...that America is exceptional for?

Just one..

Never mind I misunderstood the intent of the poster. Sorry

Last edited:
There is no chest pounding, Meathead.

Since not one of us needs to justify our service to the likes of you and your allies on whose behalf we served, suffered, and bled so that you can live your lives unafraid, I will end with a soft firm statement that you do not speak for the military, and that you takers will not succeed in your unworthy, unAmerican goals.

As a military veteran of 12 active years on airborne status with some of the best infantry in the world, let me say very softly fuckyou meathead, you pricks are speaking only for your select few, no one else. Start something and you will find out veterans from sensible right to far left will kick yoursorryasses up between your ears so you can hear them getting the stuffing beat out of them. Meatball should be your name.

I can certainly see why you are not putting you military record up for discussion, but you were as certainly trying to use it as imagined leverage. Why else would you discuss it in the first place. Frankly, what I see is a disillusioned vet who was unsuccessful in the military as in civilian life. I of course cannot say that without doubt, the internet being what it is, but I am quite sure that you never bled, nor were wiling to bleed for your country.

Believe it or not, there are takers and givers in that regard, and your whinnyess leaves me little doubt as to your station.
I cannot imagine why anyonwe, much less such decorated vets as yourselves, would feel the need for chest-pounding, swearing and otherwise overcompensating for whatever shortcomings you may have. It's almost like the Village People where you can be a cop, cowboy, Indian, construction worker etc. The only thing that can't be faked is intellect, so I have to go with that alone. After all, on the internet, all men are heroes and all women are beautiful.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back