Last remaining glaciers in the Pacific will soon melt away

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
When this breathless claim came out from Ohio State University, a question quickly came to my mind, after looking through the skimpy details in the link, which I duly asked a few warmists, the response was as expected....... since then I found the answers and posted it, they have gone silent since then......

Here it is:

Phys.org

Last remaining glaciers in the Pacific will soon melt away

by Laura Arenschield, The Ohio State University

December 9, 2019

EXCERPT:

The last remaining tropical glaciers between the Himalayas and the Andes will disappear in the next decade—and possibly sooner—due to climate change, a new study has found.

The glaciers in Papua, Indonesia, are "the canaries in the coal mine" for other mountaintop glaciers around the world, said Lonnie Thompson, one of the senior authors of the study published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

"These will be the first to disappear; the others will certainly follow," said Thompson, distinguished university professor in the School of Earth Sciences and senior research scientist at the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center at The Ohio State University.

LINK

===========================

Lonnie Thompson, talks too much like a propagandist who leaves out a LOT of details that would have greatly render a lot of his chicken little talk moot.

They have been melting for over 150 years already....., in DIRECT response to the ending of the LIA epoch, and there is more that Loonie Lonnie (who is a cheap scientist) left out too....

Any warmists wants to try flinging their usual poo on this one?

So they are remnants of 5000 year old glaciers...prior to that, there is no evidence that there was any ice there....more empirical evidence that we are in one of the colder periods of the past 10.000 years and are at long last warming our way out of it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back