Last mass held in Beit Jala as court to rule on land seizure

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Israel continues ethnic cleansing actions against Palestinian Christians in the Occupied West Bank.

262826_345x230.jpg

Rev. Ibrahim Shomali, a Catholic priest, pictured during the mass.
(MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

By Charlie Hoyle

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Residents of Beit Jala held their last weekly mass Friday in an area threatened by Israel's separation wall as locals awaited a decision from Israel's Supreme Court on an appeal to halt the land seizure."

The article reports that there were approximately sixty Palestinians, internationals and representatives of the Catholic, Orthodox and Lutheran churches gathered together on an olive tree-covered hilltop in the Cremisan Valley. And according to the article there they stood praying for a halt to Israel's separation wall, set to annex the entire lush green area north of Beit Jala.

The article notes that this weekly mass has been held since 2011, and it is the last action by the largely Christian community before Israel's Supreme Court issues a final ruling on January 29 regarding the route of the wall. Reverend Ibrahim Shomali is the Catholic priest who led the mass.

Issa Kassissieh, Palestine's ambassador to the Vatican, which owns the land threatened with confiscation, informed Ma'an that the seizure was unacceptable."The pope is coming as a peace pilgrimage to the Holy Land to build bridges and here we are seeing that a wall is being erected. This is a way of exodus. This is a way of pushing people out and there is no legitimate grounds for this confiscation by the Israelis, so we hope that the power of logic will prevail and not the logic of power."

262831.jpg

A general view over part of the Cremisan Valley. (MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

"The ruling last year proposed that the convent, and adjacent school, remain on the Palestinian side of the wall, but the nuns would lose access to 75 percent of their land and the school would be situated in a military zone surrounded by the separation wall. The Cremisan monastery and winery would be on the Israeli side on the wall, splitting the religious community, and residents would no longer be able to participate in the annual religious event of the Holy Spirit Procession, which sees local Christians walk from Cremisan to the Annunciation church in Beit Jala."

http://www.maannews.net/images/PhotoViewer/262835.jpg

262835.jpg

A member of the Papal Scout Troop of Beit Jala looks on during
the mass. (MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

"Our hope is just in God. I don't think we have any hope with the Israelis. We look for peace but they don't know what the word peace means." says a resident of Beit Jala Abu Mohor who further states the seizure of family land which dates back generations will force Christians out of Beit Jala.

And Christian resident of Beit Jala Abu Mohor adds: "I think this is what they want, but we are staying here until God takes our life."

The legal case that has been presented by the landowners and Salesian religious community argues that the wall is a means to annex Palestinian land to expand the surrounding settlements of Gilo and Har Gilo. And the appeal also stresses that the wall will infringe on the right to freedom of religion, as it will separate the Christian community from the monastery and it will also threaten the right to education by forcing children to attend school in a military zone.

Besides being a farming area for a community of mostly Christian Palestinians, where olives are harvested, the area also serves as a recreational space for the residents of Beit Jala, Bethlehem and Beit Sahour. Palestinian families picnic and hike in the lush green Cremisan Valley. The Wall will cut people off from their land.

Last mass held in Beit Jala as court to rule on land seizure | Maan News Agency

Last edited:
Beit Jala is the home for about 15,670 people of Palestinian Christians and Muslims living together in harmony, respect and cooperation as a great example of coexistence between religions. Many of its citizens were forced to flee during the past century due to poverty and armed conflict in the area.

The estimated number of the expatriates and their ancestors of Beit Jala living in Chile, Central and South America in addition to the United States is approximately 100,000 people.

Welcome to Beit Jala - Beit Jala Municipality | ????? ??? ????

Beit Jala is the home for about 15,670 people of Palestinian Christians and Muslims living together in harmony, respect and cooperation as a great example of coexistence between religions. Many of its citizens were forced to flee during the past century due to poverty and armed conflict in the area.

The estimated number of the expatriates and their ancestors of Beit Jala living in Chile, Central and South America in addition to the United States is approximately 100,000 people.

Interesting post Shaar----now tell us about the churches in saudi arabia----ya know---
that big giant church with ringing bells that you attended when you lived there. It's ok---
there are some people who post here who will believe you

The path of the wall is to avoid removing the elevated highway that exists through the mountain.

The path of the wall is to avoid removing the elevated highway that exists through the mountain.

how does that fact stop christians from celebrating mass?

The town is on a upslop, the convent in the valley with the vineyard on the opposite slop. The elevated road connect Beit Jala to Bethleham. Can't build the wall under the elevated highway, it has to take the path around connected the two IDF areas. I cuts around the town rather than through it with the exception of three or four houses. It is the topograph of the land as much as a continuity of the villages that has determined the path of the wall.
There are churches in the town beside the convent, one right on the main street.

how does that fact stop christians from celebrating mass?

The town is on a upslop, the convent in the valley with the vineyard on the opposite slop. The elevated road connect Beit Jala to Bethleham. Can't build the wall under the elevated highway, it has to take the path around connected the two IDF areas. I cuts around the town rather than through it with the exception of three or four houses. It is the topograph of the land as much as a continuity of the villages that has determined the path of the wall.
There are churches in the town beside the convent, one right on the main street.

Ok I got it ----sorta----(uhm----you typo "upslop" has been the highlight of my day so
far) The point is that there are people kinda isolated from a particular church? -----
??? that's it? Way back when I was a kid-------there was huge scandals
about new highways and roads and building projects in New York City----I did not grow
up in New York -----but it was a HUGE ISSUE-----because it cut neighborhoods ----
very inconvenient for this or that person or activity. I grew up in a town---they did
CURBS on the streets and paved some that were simply unpaved paths. People
screamed about that too. I missed those unpaved paths-----and the swamps----
and the wooded areas --------old abandoned apple orchards. Apples do not do
all that well "wild"------but it was better than new houses

Interesting post Shaar----now tell us about the churches in saudi arabia----ya know---
that big giant church with ringing bells that you attended when you lived there. It's ok---

Not everyone needs a church.. but there was Mass, the Canterbury Group and the Protestant Fellowship. All were well attended.

You don't have much but your hate, do you?

Pity.. these are critical times in the peace effort.

Not everyone needs a church.. but there was Mass, the Canterbury Group and the Protestant Fellowship. All were well attended.

Everyone has a RIGHT to have a church-----those people whose right is denied
are OPPRESSED Suggesting that persons denied the right to a church are living
in HAPPY HARMONY with those doing the denying are OBSCENE.

Your statement about "my hate" is idiotic. You imagine I "hate" because I
consider oppresion of people to be wrong because YOU SUPPORT IT. You are not
news for me. I have run into lots of people who support filth. ----even in the USA---
I grew up with people some of whom were like you. For the followers of ADOLF ABU
ALI--------the third reich was a potential UTOPIA OF LOVE AND BROTHERHOOD and
----I have been accused of REJECTING THE BEAUTY OF SHARIAH ----<< because I
do not "understand it"

See??. I was introduced to your crap LONG ago----by people just like you---long before
your filth was laid before the american public. My education in shariah and islam --
comes from muslims whom I considered friends and writings by muslims and their supporters. I have no formalized education in religions-----and my parents certainly
never mentioned the issue of shariah-----I am not sure if they knew the word
"shariah" or if they knew the word "koran" "islamo-phobia" instruction claims in
the USA are truly idiotic Where I lived-----most people had no idea what "muslim"
is-------or how a SIKH is DIFFERENT from OR NOT a muslim ------and absolutely did
not care. Among the first bits of information I learned from muslims I encountered
some 45 years ago was "JEWS WANT TO DESTROY ISLAM"------news to me----
I had been in synagogues many times and never once heard the word "muslim" or
"islam" or "koran" Words like that were absent from my public school education---
--------islam hindu moor, arabia, mecca, ganges river were simply FAR AWAY unreal
issues like ALAADIN and magic lamps until I was almost 20.
When Ii encountered lots of people TOGETHER from south east asia ---iran and north
africa -----THAT IS WHEN I SAW HATRED-----and learned---hindu, sikh, muslim, india,
pakistan and eventurally sunni shiite etc etc REAL TANGIBLE HATRED on sight---
the same kind which existed for me only in OLD NAZI PAMPHLETS when I was a child---
stuff I thought to be an ancient relic from the PAST to which only really stupid people and
drunks clung-----based on dimness of mind.

Israel continues ethnic cleansing actions against Palestinian Christians in the Occupied West Bank.

Israel was always there and never kicks anyone off the land because it was always Israeli land.
There is no ethnic cleansing and the people squatting on Israel's land are only evil Muslim terrorists anyway.

Oh, it's Christians this time - better try to keep that one quiet so the daft Americans don't realise Israel's government are a bunch of bastards who are using America to fund a Jewish only state and kick everyone else out, including Christians.

I demand this thread be deleted so Israel doesn't look bad.:eusa_hand:

Everyone has a RIGHT to have a church-----those people whose right is denied
are OPPRESSED Suggesting that persons denied the right to a church are living
in HAPPY HARMONY with those doing the denying are OBSCENE.

Your statement about "my hate" is idiotic. You imagine I "hate" because I
consider oppresion of people to be wrong because YOU SUPPORT IT. You are not
news for me. I have run into lots of people who support filth. ----even in the USA---
I grew up with people some of whom were like you. For the followers of ADOLF ABU
ALI--------the third reich was a potential UTOPIA OF LOVE AND BROTHERHOOD and
----I have been accused of REJECTING THE BEAUTY OF SHARIAH ----<< because I
do not "understand it"

See??. I was introduced to your crap LONG ago----by people just like you---long before
your filth was laid before the american public. My education in shariah and islam --
comes from muslims whom I considered friends and writings by muslims and their supporters. I have no formalized education in religions-----and my parents certainly
never mentioned the issue of shariah-----I am not sure if they knew the word
"shariah" or if they knew the word "koran" "islamo-phobia" instruction claims in
the USA are truly idiotic Where I lived-----most people had no idea what "muslim"
is-------or how a SIKH is DIFFERENT from OR NOT a muslim ------and absolutely did
not care. Among the first bits of information I learned from muslims I encountered
some 45 years ago was "JEWS WANT TO DESTROY ISLAM"------news to me----
I had been in synagogues many times and never once heard the word "muslim" or
"islam" or "koran" Words like that were absent from my public school education---
--------islam hindu moor, arabia, mecca, ganges river were simply FAR AWAY unreal
issues like ALAADIN and magic lamps until I was almost 20.
When Ii encountered lots of people TOGETHER from south east asia ---iran and north
africa -----THAT IS WHEN I SAW HATRED-----and learned---hindu, sikh, muslim, india,
pakistan and eventurally sunni shiite etc etc REAL TANGIBLE HATRED on sight---
the same kind which existed for me only in OLD NAZI PAMPHLETS when I was a child---
stuff I thought to be an ancient relic from the PAST to which only really stupid people and
drunks clung-----based on dimness of mind.

I really don't give much credence to what she says. On this Middle East forum, she and those like her never seem to want to bring up what is happening to the Christians in the rest of the Middle East, which is a big, big area. Maybe she has no concern for those Christians who are being persecuted and killed and their churches burned down. As far as her worrying about mass in one small village only because the Jews happen to be involved,, did she ever worry about all those Filipoins working in Saudi Arabia who were and are still unable to go to a church to hear mass but are just able to meet up with each other in a village square on their day off? Did she care that the Hindu workers have no temple to go to? Perhaps when she was in Saudi Arabia as she claims, she could have told these Filipinos and Hindus not to worry about going to religious services at their houses of worship.

Israel was always there and never kicks anyone off the land because it was always Israeli land.
There is no ethnic cleansing and the people squatting on Israel's land are only evil Muslim terrorists anyway.

Oh, it's Christians this time - better try to keep that one quiet so the daft Americans don't realise Israel's government are a bunch of bastards who are using America to fund a Jewish only state and kick everyone else out, including Christians.

Oh, Fred, how about telling us how Christians, Shia and Ahmaidi Muslims fare in your country of Indonesia, and why on many occasions the police just stand by.

INDONESIA - ISLAM North Sumatra: Hundreds of Islamists attack Protestant community during prayer service - Asia News

262826_345x230.jpg

Rev. Ibrahim Shomali, a Catholic priest, pictured during the mass.
(MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

By Charlie Hoyle

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- "Residents of Beit Jala held their last weekly mass Friday in an area threatened by Israel's separation wall as locals awaited a decision from Israel's Supreme Court on an appeal to halt the land seizure."

The article reports that there were approximately sixty Palestinians, internationals and representatives of the Catholic, Orthodox and Lutheran churches gathered together on an olive tree-covered hilltop in the Cremisan Valley. And according to the article there they stood praying for a halt to Israel's separation wall, set to annex the entire lush green area north of Beit Jala.

The article notes that this weekly mass has been held since 2011, and it is the last action by the largely Christian community before Israel's Supreme Court issues a final ruling on January 29 regarding the route of the wall. Reverend Ibrahim Shomali is the Catholic priest who led the mass.

Issa Kassissieh, Palestine's ambassador to the Vatican, which owns the land threatened with confiscation, informed Ma'an that the seizure was unacceptable."The pope is coming as a peace pilgrimage to the Holy Land to build bridges and here we are seeing that a wall is being erected. This is a way of exodus. This is a way of pushing people out and there is no legitimate grounds for this confiscation by the Israelis, so we hope that the power of logic will prevail and not the logic of power."

262831.jpg

A general view over part of the Cremisan Valley. (MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

"The ruling last year proposed that the convent, and adjacent school, remain on the Palestinian side of the wall, but the nuns would lose access to 75 percent of their land and the school would be situated in a military zone surrounded by the separation wall. The Cremisan monastery and winery would be on the Israeli side on the wall, splitting the religious community, and residents would no longer be able to participate in the annual religious event of the Holy Spirit Procession, which sees local Christians walk from Cremisan to the Annunciation church in Beit Jala."

http://www.maannews.net/images/PhotoViewer/262835.jpg

262835.jpg

A member of the Papal Scout Troop of Beit Jala looks on during
the mass. (MaanImages/Charlie Hoyle)

"Our hope is just in God. I don't think we have any hope with the Israelis. We look for peace but they don't know what the word peace means." says a resident of Beit Jala Abu Mohor who further states the seizure of family land which dates back generations will force Christians out of Beit Jala.

And Christian resident of Beit Jala Abu Mohor adds: "I think this is what they want, but we are staying here until God takes our life."

The legal case that has been presented by the landowners and Salesian religious community argues that the wall is a means to annex Palestinian land to expand the surrounding settlements of Gilo and Har Gilo. And the appeal also stresses that the wall will infringe on the right to freedom of religion, as it will separate the Christian community from the monastery and it will also threaten the right to education by forcing children to attend school in a military zone.

Besides being a farming area for a community of mostly Christian Palestinians, where olives are harvested, the area also serves as a recreational space for the residents of Beit Jala, Bethlehem and Beit Sahour. Palestinian families picnic and hike in the lush green Cremisan Valley. The Wall will cut people off from their land.

Last mass held in Beit Jala as court to rule on land seizure | Maan News Agency
Veni,Vidi,Peditum

Well, this Crimisan Valley debacle is unfolding right as the Pope is about to be visiting.

He is one to speak out about what is right and what is wrong, looking forward to his visit.

Well, this Crimisan Valley debacle is unfolding right as the Pope is about to be visiting.

He is one to speak out about what is right and what is wrong, looking forward to his visit.

So tell us what your Muslim friends have said about the Pope's statement regarding his not wanting to see the Christians disappear from the Middle East. I doubt the Pope was pinpointing Israel when said that, but about the Muslims countries who are busily murdering Christians. Maybe Mrs. Sherri thinks the Pope is not up on what is going on in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, etc. when it comes to Christians. Maybe this group can sing for this Pope also.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7oK0nXB188]Voices Of Peace singing for the Pope Benedict XVI ????? ????? ???????? - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting diatribe from a nazi who suppors the vile filth of pancasila----
which mandated the genocide of the Jewish population of Indonesia

For those who do not know-----christians are leaving indonesia in droves---
because of the islamic habit there of grabbing christian school girls and
leaving their little heads several yards from the rest of their bodies.

I would not have even known had I not been so informed by a young man ---
a person who descrbed himself of DUTCH CHRISTIAN background
and whose family had lived in Indonesia for centuries ----lots of
those fleeing DUTCH in the USA now. For those who do not remember--
BALI was bombed and dozens murdered------by indonesian muslims who
do not like hindus

for the record---the christian population of indonesia is going down---the christian
population of Israel is RISING

its ok Indofred-----I understand ---you are obligated to DEFEND.....filth

Obtained from: Maaaan news. Baaaaa baaaaaa baaaaa...maaaaaan. Ha ha ha.

Obtained from: Maaaan news. Baaaaa baaaaaa baaaaa...maaaaaan. Ha ha ha.

Ever read the comments at the bottom of the articles there?
Many of them are almost as messed up as Frau Sherri MunnerNazi hahaha

I guess anti - Zionist pro - Palestinians have a lot in common :cool:

Beit Jala used to have the correct Hebrew name of Beit Laham (house of bread) before The Arabs invaded and changed the name.

Forum List

Back