Last Man Standing

My favorite thing about last night's show was Mr. Laraby's voice when he did his advertising speech for the gathering. He reminded me of actor James Earl Jones. Could they be related in real life?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

In my opinion, tonight's episode of Last Man Standing couldn't have come at a better time considering the current corona issue. What Mike had to say at the end needed to be out there. I was only left with just this one question. How much are people willing to miss out on due to their choice to remain holed up where ever it is that they decide to be quarantined?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah. I am guessing that she is just under eighteen.

She looks younger than that to me.

There's a look that some girls have, around the age of thirteen—still cute the way little girls are, but with the grown-up-woman sort of beauty starting to come in. It's usually very specific to the age of thirteen—to that stage in the transition from child to adult. She has that look.

But the actress is thirty-one. I wonder if she naturally looks that young, or if there are some tricks being used to make her look that young.

While watching tonight's show, I couldn't help but wonder how Eve may feel when she learns about what has been done to her room. Maybe she isn't ready for it to be messed with and changed yet.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Yeah. I am guessing that she is just under eighteen.

It now appears that you're right. This latest episode has her graduating from high school, which would put her at about eighteen give or take a year or so.

Or, it's not impossible that she's an academic prodigy, who's been able to skip a grade or two, in which case, she could be younger.

What I loved about last night's show was its meaning which of course was appreciating what is good about a person that you may spend a lot of your time around.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Ryan's situation was understandable. Who wouldn't be upset over losing something that they may not ever be able to replace?

When I saw that tonight's episode was bowling oriented, I was looking forward to seeing some lane action only there wasn't any after all. (shaking my head)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I don't understand why Vanessa and the girls didn't just complain to the manager of that restaurant during tonight's show about not just the waiter's bad attitude, but the lack of sense put on display by whoever decided to stick the girls in a booth when one is about ready to pop.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, if Kyle has an issue with conflict, studying to be a man of the cloth may not be the right road for him then. People are going to be challenging him about what he brings to the barbecue for the rest of his life when he starts sharing the word of the Lord with the rest of the world.

According to this page here, at least more episode will be shown on Thursday April 30th. The big question is, will this show be back in the fall for a ninth season? So far, nothing has been said yet.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

According to this page here, at least more episode will be shown on Thursday April 30th. The big question is, will this show be back in the fall for a ninth season? So far, nothing has been said yet.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I guess it'll depend on how the ratings have been since it moved to Fox.

It was a very popular show, when ABC decided to dump it for not having the political leaning that they wanted it to have, which is why it survives and was picked up by another network. Fox has change it enough, that it just might have lost enough of the original fan base to be weaker, now, or it might be as strong or stronger than ever.

If the ratings are still strong, then surely this show will be back for another season.

On a not-quote-related note, something has just occurred to me. Now that I think about it, I kind of miss Ryan being the perfect left wrong-wing foil to Mike as a solid conservative. Since moving to Fox, we've seen Ryan take on the responsibility of running a business, and with that, much of his LIbEralism has had to give way to practical understanding of the sort of hard facts that LIbEralism so desperately tries to deny.

They've changed some of the other characters around, as well. Most noticeable, of course, was Mandy, now played by an actress that is nothing like the one who player her on ABC, though it was kind of clever what they did on the first Fox episode, with Kyle complaining about many being mad at him, because she's supposedly made some subtle change and Kyle cannot tell what it is, and then Mandy walks into the scene, looking nothing at all like she did before.

Kyle used to be a lovable dunce, and Mandy, sort of a narcissistic female version of that, a self-centered, ditz. It seems that in the transition, they took a bunch of IQ points from Kristen, and split them between Kyle and Mandy.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, I kind of miss Ryan being the perfect left wrong-wing foil to Mike as a solid conservative. Since moving to Fox, we've seen Ryan take on the responsibility of running a business, and with that, much of his LIbEralism has had to give way to practical understanding of the sort of hard facts that LIbEralism so desperately tries to deny.

I wrote that before I saw the latest episode, which seems to have lightly revisited this point, leading up to the moment where Mike forced himself to tell Ryan that he's not an idiot.

It's the second episode, in recent memory, which had at least one part where I found myself feeling a strong emotional response, this time, to the moment where Mandy was admiring her fake-pregnant look reflected in a window, just before she disclosed that she's pregnant for real.

It was good to see Eve during tonight's show, but in my opinion, Boyd should've been shown at some point too considering the fact that he has only been shown one time this season.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. When will we know if the show is going to be renewed again for a ninth season?

Go here for news concerning an upcoming episode of this show. :D :D :D

Reminds me of an episode form a few seasons back, when the actress who played the wife on Home Improvement played a new neighbor, who was a widow. In speaking of her deceased husband, even though names were different, it was clear that she was referring to the character that Tim Allen played on Home Improvement. Do you remember that? I think that episode also included a cameo appearance by an actor that played one of the sons on the previous show.

New Topics

Forum List

Back