Last decade is snowiest on record!!!

We got 8" here at my Southern Colorado homestead the other day, and it's been very cold to boot. God knows the Southwest needs this moisture for our aquifers. We're thankful for every inch. Deep snow in winter = no drought in summer. 2015 should be a moderate year at worst.

I was just thinking this morning when I woke up to 10 degrees, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GLOBAL WARMING?!?! :uhh:

I was just thinking this morning when I woke up to 10 degrees, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GLOBAL WARMING?!?! :uhh:
I think the way it works is that higher temperatures - and this decade has been the warmest on record - mean that more moisture is held in the atmosphere, which then translates to more precipitation/snow when temperatures drop. So one would expect increased snow levels with increased global temperatures.

Well holy AGW Batman! It's snowy!

Last edited:
I think the way it works is that higher temperatures - and this decade has been the warmest on record - mean that more moisture is held in the atmosphere, which then translates to more precipitation/snow when temperatures drop. So one would expect increased snow levels with increased global temperatures.

yeah, go with that one!!! where'd you pull that from?

These people can morph into anything at a whim.........a million stunts like that up their ass!!!:2up:

Its what makes AGW so brilliant as a ruse......its like taking a rubics cube at any moment, making one turn on any side and no matter what you come up with, they say they've won!! Covers one on every prediction that falls asunder.:boobies::boobies::coffee:

Lets not forget.......every single one of these dolts was banging on the "we're never going to see any more snow again!!" bandwagon about a dozen years ago. There are enough of the stoopids out there to buy the shit because they aren't taking score.......another brilliant component of this crap.:spinner:

What, are you saying warmer air can't hold more moisture than cooler air?

You know, I think I'd believe you'd say that.

Only one problem, relative humidity has been dropping for over 20 years globally.. a result of the cooling atmosphere.

NOAA%20ESRL%20AtmospericRelativeHumidity%20GlobalMonthlyTempSince1948%20With37monthRunningAverage.gif

Last edited:

The main problem with that theory is that 10 years ago all the global warming gurus were saying we had seen the last of snow in Britain and most of America.

Only one problem, relative humidity has been dropping for over 20 years globally.. a result of the cooling atmosphere.
Partridge 2009?

The authors of which point out the problems of radiosonde measurement in the troposphere the effects of which are shown in:

Trends in tropospheric humidity from reanalysis systems

Trends in tropospheric humidity from reanalysis systems - Dessler - 2010 - Journal of Geophysical Research Atmospheres 1984 ndash 2012 - Wiley Online Library

S. M. Davis A. E. Dessler

15 OCT 2010

How come nobody links to sources nor names them in these discussions?

The main problem with that theory is that 10 years ago all the global warming gurus were saying we had seen the last of snow in Britain and most of America.
Again no sources nor links to them. Guaranteed rightard.

Partridge 2009?

The authors of which point out the problems of radiosonde measurement in the troposphere the effects of which are shown in:

Trends in tropospheric humidity from reanalysis systems

Trends in tropospheric humidity from reanalysis systems - Dessler - 2010 - Journal of Geophysical Research Atmospheres 1984 ndash 2012 - Wiley Online Library

S. M. Davis A. E. Dessler

15 OCT 2010

How come nobody links to sources nor names them in these discussions?
Reading is fundamental... look closely at the graphs... The source is NOAA

So these are 'all the gurus' saying:
So we have newspaper reports of Viner and Watson predicting reduced snow in the future. Scott predicting reduced snow even further into the future if a certain of temperature rise happened. An article in which Robson is measuring reduced snow now. The other two sources have no gurus making predictions of the absence of snow. All the gurus? If you say so.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".
http://www.independent.co.uk

That situation led the climatologist Daniel Scott, a professor of global change and tourism at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, to analyze potential venues for future Winter Games. His thought was that with a rise in the average global temperature of more than 7 degrees Fahrenheit possible by 2100, there might not be that many snowy regions left in which to hold the Games. He concluded that of the 19 cities that have hosted the Winter Olympics, as few as 10 might be cold enough by midcentury to host them again. By 2100, that number shrinks to 6.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-snow.html?_r=1

"Unfortunately, it's just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry," said David Viner, of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia. "It is very vulnerable to climate change; the resorts have always been marginal in terms of snow and, as the rate of climate change increases, it is hard to see a long-term future."

Adam Watson, from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology in Banchory, Aberdeenshire, believes the industry has no more than 20 years left.
Global warming forces sale of Scottish winter sports resorts UK news The Guardian

The snow lab’s data show that March and April snow cover in the United States and Southern Canada has been lower over the past decade than at any time since reliable record-keeping began in the 1920s. Last May, the Northern Hemisphere experienced its second lowest snow cover extent. Historically, spring snow cover has remained at relatively low levels while snow cover in June has been lower over the past five years than at any time since satellite observations began in 1967.
Warmer Springs Mean Less Snow Cover Disruptions for Plants and Animals and More Allergies Scientists Say
So some casual newspaper interviews is 'all the gurus'. The only scientific article measured less snow.

Last edited:
So these are 'all the gurus' saying:
So we have Viner and Watson predicting reduced snow in the future. Scott predicting reduced snow even further into the future if a certain of temperature rise happened. Robson measuring reduced snow now. All the gurus? If you say so.

However, the warming is so far manifesting itself more in winters which are less cold than in much hotter summers. According to Dr David Viner, a senior research scientist at the climatic research unit (CRU) of the University of East Anglia,within a few years winter snowfall will become "a very rare and exciting event".

http://www.independent.co.uk

That situation led the climatologist Daniel Scott, a professor of global change and tourism at the University of Waterloo in Ontario, to analyze potential venues for future Winter Games. His thought was that with a rise in the average global temperature of more than 7 degrees Fahrenheit possible by 2100, there might not be that many snowy regions left in which to hold the Games. He concluded that of the 19 cities that have hosted the Winter Olympics, as few as 10 might be cold enough by midcentury to host them again. By 2100, that number shrinks to 6.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-snow.html?_r=1

"Unfortunately, it's just getting too hot for the Scottish ski industry," said David Viner, of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia. "It is very vulnerable to climate change; the resorts have always been marginal in terms of snow and, as the rate of climate change increases, it is hard to see a long-term future."

Adam Watson, from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology in Banchory, Aberdeenshire, believes the industry has no more than 20 years left.

Global warming forces sale of Scottish winter sports resorts UK news The Guardian

The snow lab’s data show that March and April snow cover in the United States and Southern Canada has been lower over the past decade than at any time since reliable record-keeping began in the 1920s. Last May, the Northern Hemisphere experienced its second lowest snow cover extent. Historically, spring snow cover has remained at relatively low levels while snow cover in June has been lower over the past five years than at any time since satellite observations began in 1967.

Warmer Springs Mean Less Snow Cover Disruptions for Plants and Animals and More Allergies Scientists Say

desperate.

Interesting.

201301-201312.png

Global average temperature since 1880. This graph from NOAA shows the annual trend in average global air temperature in degrees Celsius, through December 2013. For each year, the range of uncertainty is indicated by the gray vertical bars. The blue line tracks the changes in the trend over time. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

How much has the global temperature risen in the last 100 years UCAR - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research

Last edited:

Forum List

Back