Largest Space Photo Ever Released By NASA of Neighbouring Galaxy Andromeda at a whopping 1.5 Billion Pixels

So hard to comprehend but Scientists say that given enough time passing, every star and eventually every black hole will lose it's energy and the Universe will become nothing but a gigantic void with no energy.

Kind of busts a few of Einsteins theories, but that's what they say. First Law of Thermodynamics.

Energy doesn't die off---it changes form as does matter--our stars and black holes will end-----------but I assume that the energy and elements that they are made of will somehow become something else.
The universe is expanding, so the energy will be dissipated, and much of it will condense into massive black holes. It won't disappear.

The Andromeda galaxy is estimated to be the size of 1.5 by 1012 solar masses (one solar mass being about as equal to the size of the sun).
Um...I think you got your numbers wrong. 1.5 x 1012 would be smaller than our solar system.

I think you meant to say 1.5 TRILLION solar masses.

Andromeda is somewhere between 800 billion and 1.5 trillion solar masses.

The Andromeda galaxy is estimated to be the size of 1.5 by 1012 solar masses (one solar mass being about as equal to the size of the sun).
Um...I think you got your numbers wrong. 1.5 x 1012 would be smaller than our solar system.

That right , thank you ;)

When anyone cuts and pastes exponential notation, it often does not show exponents properly. Anyone with an education realizes this. NOBODY writes 1.5 x 1012. NOBODY. That's actually 1,560 which is a trivial number as solar masses and galaxy counts go. Dalia assumed people would recognize the intention. You, g5000, did not.

[/QUOTE]

When anyone cuts and pastes exponential notation, it often does not show exponents properly. Anyone with an education realizes this. NOBODY writes 1.5 x 1012. NOBODY. That's actually 1,560 which is a trivial number as solar masses and galaxy counts go. Dalia assumed people would recognize the intention. You, g5000, did not.
[/QUOTE]
The 12 should have been at the top right of the 10 .

So hard to comprehend but Scientists say that given enough time passing, every star and eventually every black hole will lose it's energy and the Universe will become nothing but a gigantic void with no energy.

Kind of busts a few of Einsteins theories, but that's what they say. First Law of Thermodynamics.

Energy doesn't die off---it changes form as does matter--our stars and black holes will end-----------but I assume that the energy and elements that they are made of will somehow become something else.
The universe is expanding, so the energy will be dissipated, and much of it will condense into massive black holes. It won't disappear.
The story will be repeating herself ? a new big bang due to a miniscule energy of a great power born from the great emptiness .

The story will be repeating herself ? a new big bang due to a miniscule energy of a great power born from the great emptiness .
I read somewhere that there could of been 3 big bangs, the universe we have now is just the latest of them.

ChemEngineer:

=======================
Dalia:
The 12 should have been at the top right of the 10 .

==================
ChemEngineer:

Understood. I am educated. g5000 not so much.
I KNOW which bathroom to use. Lefties are torn between the two.

I read somewhere that there could of (sic) been 3 big bangs, (sic) (Run-on sentence) the universe we have now is just the latest of them.

Yes, and all we need is gravity to get the universe going, said Steven Hawking.
Who created this gravity, precise to within one part in ten to the ten to the one hundred twentieth power, Hawking did not say. Gravity is a mysterious, indeed inexplicable function of every mass known to man. Where there is no mass, there can be no gravity.

Yes, and all we need is gravity to get the universe going, said Steven Hawking.
Who created this gravity, precise to within one part in ten to the ten to the one hundred twentieth power, Hawking did not say. Gravity is a mysterious, indeed inexplicable function of every mass known to man. Where there is no mass, there can be no gravity.

Further reflection on the wonderful properties and precise value of g brings me instantly to c, the velocity of light in a vacuum. WHY is it 3 x 10 to the 10th centimeters per second? Why isn't it two or three orders of magnitude more or less? Nobody will ever be able to answer. And so it goes with many other constants and values which are, for all practical purposes, perfect as they are.

A team of physicists suspects that the supermassive black holes found at the center of galaxies might actually be traversable wormholes, or theoretical waypoints that warp a traveler to another point in space.
If it’s true, the findings would corroborate predictions made by Einstein back in 1935, astrophysicists from Russia’s Central Astronomical Observatory told Motherboard. They also said, intriguingly, that they actually have a way to test out their theory — a finding that could radically change our understanding of space travel.

Secret Tunnel
Pushing the idea even more, the astrophysicists suggest that passing through one of these supermassive black hole wormholes might even transport travelers through time.

NASA has always released brilliant images about space taken from their satellites and telescopic probes in outer space. On January 5,2015 they have released in what must be the largest space photo ever released till date about our neighbouring galaxy Andromeda which is believed to be at an unimaginable distance of 2.5 million light years away.

View attachment 393436
Sharpest ever view of the Andromeda Galaxy

One galaxy, among thousands in the universe.

Breathtaking.

Millions in the universe.

Watch the hubble documentaries about when the took it into "deep space".

It was almost overwhelming.

Hubble looked through the equivalent of a pin hole and saw billions of stars.

"Incomprehensible" is an understatement of incomprehensible proportions.

Years ago, the Hubble telescope was aimed at the two most EMPTY regions of the sky, one near the Big Dipper and the other in Eridanus near Orion, both looking out through the top and bottom of our galaxy (at right angles to the galactic plane with the least amount of stars and gas in our way), and took like 16 hour long deep exposures of the most VACANT places we know that look totally empty under normal conditions and came away with THIS:

View attachment 393482

This is looking out towards the edge of the known universe and virtually everything in the picture as far as we can see is more and more galaxies, each with billions of stars in every one.

I've seen it before, but during the summer it meant there were no parallel universes, not yet anyway -- https://www.cnet.com/news/no-nasa-didnt-find-a-parallel-universe-where-time-runs-backward/

New Topics

Forum List

Back