Largest oil desposit ever found just found in Texas

Good. Now Trump and the republican congress can start making permanent measures to divorce our nation entirely from oil imports from unfriendly nations.

It is all about national security, left, something you just never cared about. You are too worried a pipeline may spring a leak.

I agree in principle, the problem is that 20B is only 3 years worth of oil at our current consumption rate of 7B barrels a year

Good. Now Trump and the republican congress can start making permanent measures to divorce our nation entirely from oil imports from unfriendly nations.

It is all about national security, left, something you just never cared about. You are too worried a pipeline may spring a leak.

I agree in principle, the problem is that 20B is only 3 years worth of oil at our current consumption rate of 7B barrels a year

Well Obama has put a barrier into every way of becoming energy independent as a nation one can recall. Including banning additional off shore drilling, in Alaska, denying the Keystone pipeline, no further nuclear expansion, etc. Again, it is all about national security, and to a lesser extent, assisting the American economy.

Well Obama has put a barrier into every way of becoming energy independent as a nation one can recall. Including banning additional off shore drilling, in Alaska, denying the Keystone pipeline, no further nuclear expansion, etc. Again, it is all about national security, and to a lesser extent, assisting the American economy.

true, but as long as Saudi is having a fire sale, I would rather use theirs first

..... the republican congress can start making permanent measures to divorce our nation entirely from oil imports from unfriendly nations.
How utterly naïve you are. The US has never been content with 'having enough'.The wealthy American businessmen are never satisfied. Fifty percent of the American game has always been to deprive others.
hoardmoney.jpg

..... the republican congress can start making permanent measures to divorce our nation entirely from oil imports from unfriendly nations.
How utterly naïve you are. The US has never been content with 'having enough'.The wealthy American businessmen are never satisfied. Fifty percent of the American game has always been to deprive others.
hoardmoney.jpg
Whatever you say? I won't try to piece it together, myself.

As it is, the "wealthy American businessmen" (who you must think are in charge of foreign policy and can purchase oil from any nation they wish) are also the same ones asking to develop domestic resources and energy opportunities, but the government is telling them 'no.'

hoardmoney.jpg

As it is, the "wealthy American businessmen" (who you must think are in charge of foreign policy and can purchase oil from any nation they wish) are also the same ones asking to develop domestic resources and energy opportunities, but the government is telling them 'no.'

The wool is permanently "over your eyes". They (businessmen and government) are in cahoots. FIRST: Are you going to tell me that 'fracking' isn't sanctioned by government? SECOND: Stealing natural resources from other nations costs only lives (none of the businessmen's and government's, of course) which is cheaper than domestic development.

hoardmoney.jpg

The wool is permanently "over your eyes". They (businessmen and government) are in cahoots. FIRST: Are you going to tell me that 'fracking' isn't sanctioned by government? SECOND: Stealing natural resources from other nations costs only lives (none of the businessmen's and government's, of course) which is cheaper than domestic development.

stealing oil? we pay for it you absolute fucking moron, and the Saudis are actually afraid we will get energy independent since they depend on us buying it.

Great news. Anything that helps makes us more energy independent the better.

hoardmoney.jpg

Fine.

But do not bother trying to explain to me who corporate interests are in bed with, i.e. the left, the right, globalists, because it's all rather confusing and veiled.

I am here to tell you, once again, that the primary reason we need to develop domestic energy sources and allow for more offshore oil drilling and pipelines, etc. is for National Security Interests.

Now... do you need that further explained?

... do not bother trying to explain to me who corporate interests are in bed with, i.e. the left, the right, globalists, because it's all rather confusing and veiled.
True.

I am here to tell you, once again, that the primary reason we need to develop domestic energy sources and allow for more offshore oil drilling and pipelines, etc. is for National Security Interests.
And? What's your point?

I said that you are naïve to think that your simple (but sensible) plan is what "they" are interesting in. Now... do you need that further explained?

... do not bother trying to explain to me who corporate interests are in bed with, i.e. the left, the right, globalists, because it's all rather confusing and veiled.
True.

And? What's your point?

I said that you are naïve to think that your simple (but sensible) plan is what "they" are interesting in. Now... do you need that further explained?

I did not say "they" are interested in that (in total). They may like the profits from overseas as well.
But as an aside, many of "they" have been appealing the federal government to expand oil drilling in Alaska and off shore and elsewhere. Why were "they" not granted it? I also doubt if "they" were allowed to build another nuclear power plant stateside that they would not go for it.

National security interests means in times of war we may not receive our allotment of oil from Arab nations or Venezuela (I doubt we are now in their case.) It means to build up our reserves to the maximum as well.

Forum List

Back