Largest ever March for Peace in DC

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Their only objective is PEACE which I have always believed to be the only objective of American Democracy and the ideals I have given myself for the propagation of such. I am SHOCKED that other ideals are being perpetrated upon us.

Americans angered by Bush's plans to escalate the Iraq war will flood the streets of Washington on Saturday, January 27, in a massive national peace march organized by United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ). Marchers will call on Congress to listen to the voters, not Bush, by using its power to end Bush's war and bring the troops home. The last three national marches organized by UFPJ each attracted between 300,000 and 500,000 people.

MoveOn.org has called upon its 3.2 million members to join UFPJ, describing the march as potentially a "turning point for the war" comparable to how "Martin Luther King Jr.'s March on Washington in 1963 was a turning point in the fight for equality and civil rights." The National Organization for Women (N.O.W.) is mobilizing its chapters to participate. Local antiwar groups in cities and towns across the nation are mobilizing.

More: http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3491

Give it a good read. Maybe you get it and maybe you don’t. It is there for you if you only open your eyes and your ears.

Psychoblues

Their only objective is PEACE which I have always believed to be the only objective of American Democracy and the ideals I have given myself for the propagation of such. I am SHOCKED that other ideals are being perpetrated upon us.

Americans angered by Bush's plans to escalate the Iraq war will flood the streets of Washington on Saturday, January 27, in a massive national peace march organized by United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ). Marchers will call on Congress to listen to the voters, not Bush, by using its power to end Bush's war and bring the troops home. The last three national marches organized by UFPJ each attracted between 300,000 and 500,000 people.

MoveOn.org has called upon its 3.2 million members to join UFPJ, describing the march as potentially a "turning point for the war" comparable to how "Martin Luther King Jr.'s March on Washington in 1963 was a turning point in the fight for equality and civil rights." The National Organization for Women (N.O.W.) is mobilizing its chapters to participate. Local antiwar groups in cities and towns across the nation are mobilizing.

More: http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=3491

Give it a good read. Maybe you get it and maybe you don’t. It is there for you if you only open your eyes and your ears.

Psychoblues

Sure to be a giant "who gives a shit"! What a useless waste of time.

Yep, if GWB was on the ticket on Nov. 7, 2006 he would surely have been defeated as well he should have. There is no evil as he that wields power so recklessly yet could not muster enough courage to demonstrate patriotism and commitment when his country needed it from him as a young man.

Protesting doesnt bring peace. Defeating evil men brings peace.

On the other hand, even defeating GWB will not bring peace. The power of America was completely defeated when he was appointed in the first place. His abuse of that power will go down in history as the ultimate demise of American ideals, democracy and the generally sound theory of market driven economics.

But, that is surely above your head at this time.

Psychoblues

Yep, if GWB was on the ticket on Nov. 7, 2006 he would surely have been defeated as well he should have. There is no evil as he that wields power so recklessly yet could not muster enough courage to demonstrate patriotism and commitment when his country needed it from him as a young man.

On the other hand, even defeating GWB will not bring peace. The power of America was completely defeated when he was appointed in the first place. His abuse of that power will go down in history as the ultimate demise of American ideals, democracy and the generally sound theory of market driven economics.

Psychoblues

you are truely insane.

Psychoblues

Psycho, it was the Constitution and the people who elected President Bush to office. That is the power of America. He has not abused his power. Heck it would be nice if he actually exercised his full power.

The fact is the executive branch is allotted far more power by the Constitution than the President, or any President, has welded in decades. It's about time we stop the courts and the Congress from stepping on the executives power where they have no right and let him wield the full power appointed by the Constitution. Because if this imbalance between the branches continues, our constitution will be destroyed.

BTW The President is under no allusion that the war on terror will be concluded during his Presidency. He stated so the day he addressed the nation after 911.

In addition, the President volunteered for the National Guard, He volunteered to go to Vietnam but was not allowed. There is nothing unheroic about serving in the guard, nor is there anything unheroic about volunteering to go to war. I know you like pretending as if the President ran away, but I think thats mainly because you guys elected Clinton who did run away and cant stand the comparison between him and a man who didnt run away cowardly.
On top of that, he is serving his country now when the nation needs him. Unlike cowards like you who are siding with our enemy rather than fight.

Even should what you have say about the President be true. Id have someone who ran as a youth but came back and fought as an adult than someone who fought as a youth and then ran away as an adult. One shows maturity, the other just shows fear.

As for our economy going down the tubes. Are you blind? As for our Democracy, what Democracy? This is a REPUBLIC. I know that may be over your head, but then when you start with incorrect premises its only natural that you miss the big picture.

Gore got more than a half million more votes than Bush so don't patronize me about the "people" or the "republic". OK?

Let's put the National Guard in perspective for you. I am also a veteran with National Guard experience and I have the utmost respect for the National Guard and it's members. The time that GWB served is always talked about in National Guard circles as "the draft dodger era". I didn't make that up. I heard about it in 1983 when I joined up. But even in 1968 when I originally enlisted in the USAF I knew from my more fortunate buddies that the National Guard was a free ticket out of the Viet Nam disaster. I am certain GWB understood it the same way I did. He was fortunate and had a ticket. I didn't.

Got that? I didn't think so.

Psycho, it was the Constitution and the people who elected President Bush to office. That is the power of America. He has not abused his power. Heck it would be nice if he actually exercised his full power.

The fact is the executive branch is allotted far more power by the Constitution than the President, or any President, has welded in decades. It's about time we stop the courts and the Congress from stepping on the executives power where they have no right and let him wield the full power appointed by the Constitution. Because if this imbalance between the branches continues, our constitution will be destroyed.

BTW The President is under no allusion that the war on terror will be concluded during his Presidency. He stated so the day he addressed the nation after 911.

In addition, the President volunteered for the National Guard, He volunteered to go to Vietnam but was not allowed. There is nothing unheroic about serving in the guard, nor is there anything unheroic about volunteering to go to war. I know you like pretending as if the President ran away, but I think thats mainly because you guys elected Clinton who did run away and cant stand the comparison between him and a man who didnt run away cowardly.
On top of that, he is serving his country now when the nation needs him. Unlike cowards like you who are siding with our enemy rather than fight.

Even should what you have say about the President be true. Id have someone who ran as a youth but came back and fought as an adult than someone who fought as a youth and then ran away as an adult. One shows maturity, the other just shows fear.

As for our economy going down the tubes. Are you blind? As for our Democracy, what Democracy? This is a REPUBLIC. I know that may be over your head, but then when you start with incorrect premises its only natural that you miss the big picture.

Psychoblues

Forum List

Back