Lara Logan's Critique of Obama Foreign Policy

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "Your deadliest enemies on the Afghan battlefield have completely freedom of movement inside Pakistan with the blessing of the Pakistanis. And every commander that's sat in your shoes has had to try and build a relationship and go through the same motions time and time again. And the effect on the battlefield remains exactly the same: American soldiers continue to die because of the support Pakistan gives to America's enemies.

2. To think there is any similarity between this and Viet Nam is ridiculous. The Viet Cong didn't care what you did when you went back to America. The Viet Cong weren't fighting for an Islamic caliphate. The Viet Cong didn't have a global struggle. And it's amazing to me that we constantly ignore what Al-Qaeda and the Taliban and [...] all these groups tell us every day in their own newspapers, in their own statements.

3. Our way of life is under attack, and if you think that's government propaganda, if you think that's nonsense, if you think that's warmongering, [then] you're not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script.

4. If you fail to identify the ideological component to this fight, if you fail to identify what your enemy is really fighting for, if you lie about who they really are, I don't see how you could possible have the right strategy.

5. When I look at what's happening in Libya, there's a big song and dance about whether this was a terrorist attack or a protest. And you just want to scream, "For God's sake! Are you kidding me?" The last time we were attacked like this was the USS Cole, which was a prelude to the 1998 embassy bombings, which was a prelude to 9/11.

6. And you're sending in FBI to investigate. I hope to God that you're sending in your best clandestine warriors who are going to exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."
On The Mark: Lara Logan Spills the Beans about Afghanistan

Lara Logan 2012 BGA Annual Luncheon Keynote Speech - YouTube

Lara Logan was devastatingly correct. She knows what she's talking about because she went into Tahrir Square under those same delusions and almost died for it.

Excellent PC...
:clap2:
... have been a fan of her's since she was with BBC...

... if the powers that be want to know what's really going on...

... they should pay attention to reporters like her on the ground...

... who are where the action is.
:cool:
P.S. Have emailed the video link to everyone on my email list.

Lara Logan believed the religion of peace nonsense. That's why she inserted herself into a war zone. She thought everyone would love her. She learned differently and now she's trying to help others learn from her massive mistake.

Excellent PC...
:clap2:
... have been a fan of her's since she was with BBC...

... if the powers that be want to know what's really going on...

... they should pay attention to reporters like her on the ground...

... who are where the action is.
:cool:
P.S. Have emailed the video link to everyone on my email list.

"...I hope to God that you're sending in your best clandestine warriors who are going to exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."
Amen.

1. "Your deadliest enemies on the Afghan battlefield have completely freedom of movement inside Pakistan with the blessing of the Pakistanis. And every commander that's sat in your shoes has had to try and build a relationship and go through the same motions time and time again. And the effect on the battlefield remains exactly the same: American soldiers continue to die because of the support Pakistan gives to America's enemies.

2. To think there is any similarity between this and Viet Nam is ridiculous. The Viet Cong didn't care what you did when you went back to America. The Viet Cong weren't fighting for an Islamic caliphate. The Viet Cong didn't have a global struggle. And it's amazing to me that we constantly ignore what Al-Qaeda and the Taliban and [...] all these groups tell us every day in their own newspapers, in their own statements.

3. Our way of life is under attack, and if you think that's government propaganda, if you think that's nonsense, if you think that's warmongering, [then] you're not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script.

4. If you fail to identify the ideological component to this fight, if you fail to identify what your enemy is really fighting for, if you lie about who they really are, I don't see how you could possible have the right strategy.

5. When I look at what's happening in Libya, there's a big song and dance about whether this was a terrorist attack or a protest. And you just want to scream, "For God's sake! Are you kidding me?" The last time we were attacked like this was the USS Cole, which was a prelude to the 1998 embassy bombings, which was a prelude to 9/11.

6. And you're sending in FBI to investigate. I hope to God that you're sending in your best clandestine warriors who are going to exact revenge and let the world know that the United States will not be attacked on its own soil, that its ambassadors will not be murdered, and the United States will not stand by and do nothing about it."

The Taliban were not involved in 9-11, they do not care what happens in the US. They are only interested in political control of their region of the world

After ten years, it is time for the US to get the hell out

The Taliban were not involved in 9-11, they do not care what happens in the US. They are only interested in political control of their region of the world

1. "The Taliban were not involved in 9-11,..."

Of course they were.

They invited and provided sanctuary to the perpetrators.

2. "....they do not care what happens in the US."

This one requires far too long a response....even for me....so I'll give it
to you based on a technicality: there are two different radical groups in question- the nationalist Taliban and the internationalist Al Quaeda, and they are not always allied.

3. "They are only interested in political control of their region of the world."
Again, open to a discussion of the Caliphate.

Of course they were.

to you based on a technicality: there are two different radical groups in question- the nationalist Taliban and the internationalist Al Quaeda, and they are not always allied.

3. "They are only interested in political control of their region of the world."

Taliban is not AlQaida.

They provided sanctuary to AlQaida and paid the price for it. We are currently fighting Taliban forces in Afghanistan

Caliphate? Are you giving up as an Ann Coulter wannabe to become a Glenn Beck wannabe?

Of course they were.

Taliban is not AlQaida.

They provided sanctuary to AlQaida and paid the price for it. We are currently fighting Taliban forces in Afghanistan

Caliphate? Are you giving up as an Ann Coulter wannabe to become a Glenn Beck wannabe?

Even when I attempt to give you some credit...you manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victroy.

You were, no doubt, the subject of a Leopold von Sacher-Machoch novel.

See....now you're going to force me to make you look like a fool!

1. "Taliban is not AlQaida."

a. I never claimed they are the same.

b. They share the characteristic of being Muslim fundamentalists. Nor are they mutually exclusive.
Do you understand the meaning of 'mutually exclusive'? It would be like you, and education.

c. The were created in the same crucible,....the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.

d. Now, take notes here....then you can pretend you knew it all along....

Pakistan created the Taliban. Pakistan was founded with an Islamic character. When Bangladesh broke away it was due to ethnic diversity, and the Pakistanis remembered this.

So when Afghanistan needed aid after the Russian invasion, they only supported Islamic groups, and thus the secular and nationalist factions withered on the vine.

The Pakistani Army would rather make deals with the Talibani factions than fight them, since they created same, but if push comes to shove, they will repel them: recall the Red Mosque events.

Also, you misjudge if you fail to see that there are two different radical groups in Pakistan: the nationalist Taliban and the internationalist Al Quaeda, both are Sunni.

3. "Caliphate? Are you giving up as an Ann Coulter wannabe to become a Glenn Beck wannabe?"

As with any quotidian Liberal...it is always easy to see where knowledge ends and ad hominem begins.

Forum List

Back