Lapalma erupts........YIKES

Yes, if there is a major slide on La Palma, there could be a tsunami on the East Coast. 200 miles inland? LOL What bullshit. Even in the worst case scenario you are looking only at a 20 to25 meter high tsunami. Very bad, bit it is not going to wash over 200 mile inland on the whole coast.

Lessee: Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC--- I'm sorry, what was the downside of this again?
Yes, the East Coast cities would get hammered. Same as the West Coast cities if the Cascadia Subduction Zone lets loose, or the slide on the big island of Hawaii moves. None likely to happen in our lifetime, but there is always a chance that one of the other will.

Yes, the East Coast cities would get hammered. Same as the West Coast cities if the Cascadia Subduction Zone lets loose

I tend not to think in theoretical terms. Sooner or later Lapalma will blow just as it is a certainty that Cascadia jumps as well. People living on the coastal NW or the East Coast are living on borrowed time, and while nothing could happen for thousands of years, both could also let loose TOMORROW.

I tend not to think in theoretical terms. Sooner or later Lapalma will blow just as it is a certainty that Cascadia jumps as well. People living on the coastal NW or the East Coast are living on borrowed time, and while nothing could happen for thousands of years, both could also let loose TOMORROW.
And anyone of us could die ten minutes from now. All calculations are done on incidents by time period. If there are not signs that something is immediately imminent, then all we can judge on is the chances of it occurring within our lifetime. For all three, that is not likely.

And anyone of us could die ten minutes from now. All calculations are done on incidents by time period. If there are not signs that something is immediately imminent, then all we can judge on is the chances of it occurring within our lifetime. For all three, that is not likely.

Well, look at it however you choose but I think Cascadia is hundreds of years overdue isn't it? When she finally lets go, the NW is gonna fry.

Well, look at it however you choose but I think Cascadia is hundreds of years overdue isn't it? When she finally lets go, the NW is gonna fry.
The Cascadia Subduction Zone has had major quakes as little as 100 years apart and as much as 900 years apart. It has been about 320 years since the last big one. No, I really doubt that we will fry, but the coastal areas will get really wet, and transportation will take a big hit.

The Cascadia Subduction Zone has had major quakes as little as 100 years apart and as much as 900 years apart. It has been about 320 years since the last big one. No, I really doubt that we will fry, but the coastal areas will get really wet, and transportation will take a big hit.

Cascadia destruction is far more likely than your globull warming fraud.

So says the fool that has predicted global cooling ever since he has been on the board. Do you want me to post what the American Geophysical Union and Geological Society of America have to say on global warming? You really like the nice little bonfires in the Sierras? 121 in British Columbia? You have been wrong on every prediction concerning global warming you have made on this board.

So says the fool that has predicted global cooling ever since he has been on the board.

That is because global cooling is INEVITABLE. Guarantee you it is coming again no matter what happens between now and then.

global_temp2L.jpg

lol.....from somebody who has been 100% wrong on 100% of his predictions in the past 10 years! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
Just sayin'.........dude......you've never been right on anything!

Oh and youre right too on this......a 25 meter tsunami hitting the east coast would be rather insignificant. Who cant see that?:abgg2q.jpg:

Yes, the East Coast cities would get hammered. Same as the West Coast cities if the Cascadia Subduction Zone lets loose, or the slide on the big island of Hawaii moves. None likely to happen in our lifetime, but there is always a chance that one of the other will.
Or so the Germans would have you believe.

lol.....from somebody who has been 100% wrong on 100% of his predictions in the past 10 years! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
Just sayin'.........dude......you've never been right on anything!

Oh and youre right too on this......a 25 meter tsunami hitting the east coast would be rather insignificant. Who cant see that?:abgg2q.jpg:
No, it would not be insignificant, but it would not go 200 miles inland.

No, it would not be insignificant, but it would not go 200 miles inland.

Considering 80% of the population lives within 15 miles of the coast I would say your cavalier attitude is a bit misplaced.

That is because global cooling is INEVITABLE. Guarantee you it is coming again no matter what happens between now and then.

View attachment 543645
The present amount of GHG's in the atmosphere will overpower the affects of the Milankovitch Cycles. All we have to do is keep the GHG level high enough, at a level below where it is right now, to do that. But ol' Westwall's predictions were for the short term and were obviously wrong.

New Topics

Forum List

Back