Landlords Take Fight Against Eviction Ban to 11th Circuit

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
A national landlord group brought its case challenging a federal directive halting residential evictions to the 11th Circuit on Friday, arguing that the order has forced landlords to give unlimited free housing to delinquent tenants without proper legal recourse.

Attorney Caleb Kruckenberg of the New Civil Liberties Alliance told a three-judge panel of the Atlanta-based appeals court that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s nationwide eviction moratorium has left his clients, the National Apartment Association and landlords in four states, without “any meaningful remedy” to evict tenants who fail to pay rent.

Kruckenberg said the CDC lacked the legal authority to issue the moratorium that is causing his clients irreparable harm.

I can't believe that this has been going on as long as it has.

A national landlord group brought its case challenging a federal directive halting residential evictions to the 11th Circuit on Friday, arguing that the order has forced landlords to give unlimited free housing to delinquent tenants without proper legal recourse.

Attorney Caleb Kruckenberg of the New Civil Liberties Alliance told a three-judge panel of the Atlanta-based appeals court that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s nationwide eviction moratorium has left his clients, the National Apartment Association and landlords in four states, without “any meaningful remedy” to evict tenants who fail to pay rent.

Kruckenberg said the CDC lacked the legal authority to issue the moratorium that is causing his clients irreparable harm.

I can't believe that this has been going on as long as it has.
I didn't either. Time to lift it.

Forum List

Back