Landlord-Tenant practices

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
This is how the problem of bad landlords can be fixed.

Make a law that says, you cannot rent out your personal property.
You can sell it if you want, but you can't rent it out.

To rent out your house, you must attend real estate school for the minimum number of hours required, where im at, its 60 hours.. and you must pass your real estate exam.

Your house must be Inspected, and Rezoned as a for-profit Apartment establishment, and you must hire a licensed property manager, and rent out your house through a real estate agency..

Then you can rent out your house...
Because THEN, its a business and NOT your personal property.. and must follow the laws pertaining to businesses, that ensure fair treatment of the customer.

The contract terms cannot dictate how a person conducts his or her, or their personal life, i.e. No banning pets, No banning recreational activities, no keeping people a slave to the location of the property through having strict rent payment dates, no putting bills or maintenance liabilities onto the tenant, etc etc etc... And the landlord is not allowed direct contact with the tenant.

And it would separate the tenant from the landlord, while the landlord communicates his policies through an expert in real estate contracting and keep peace.

That would fix the problem.

No, it would not.

But it would make for a lot more problems.

Makes more sense to pass fair laws.

To rent out your house, you must attend real estate school for the minimum number of hours required, where im at, its 60 hours.. and you must pass your real estate exam.

Your house must be Inspected, and Rezoned as a for-profit Apartment establishment, and you must hire a licensed property manager, and rent out your house through a real estate agency..

Because THEN, its a business and NOT your personal property.. and must follow the laws pertaining to businesses, that ensure fair treatment of the customer.

The contract terms cannot dictate how a person conducts his or her, or their personal life, i.e. No banning pets, No banning recreational activities, no keeping people a slave to the location of the property through having strict rent payment dates, no putting bills or maintenance liabilities onto the tenant, etc etc etc... And the landlord is not allowed direct contact with the tenant.

And it would separate the tenant from the landlord, while the landlord communicates his policies through an expert in real estate contracting and keep peace.

Did your landlord harsh your buzz?

Here's how that will work in the real world: small landlords will go out of business. All property will be owned by giant corporations that jack up the rents.

The End.

Your landlord demanded you pay your rent or get out, huh?

Your landlord demanded you pay your rent or get out, huh?

I'm going to guess that his landlord told him not to smoke his bong on the back stoop.

• Banned

Here's how that will work in the real world: small landlords will go out of business. All property will be owned by giant corporations that jack up the rents.

The End.
The fact of the matter is, that corporate complexes have lower rents, and have more well maintained properties.
The same goes for any property that is being rented out.

The little guy isn't the best at everything, anymore so than corporations.

The End.
The fact of the matter is, that corporate complexes have lower rents, and have more well maintained properties.

Link?

I doubt that's the case in anything other than large metro areas.

• Banned

The End.

Link?

I have lived in Cities, Suburbs, the sticks, and directly on the coast right by both a large canal and the Atlantic ocean..... no difference.

The higher rents, the least well maintained properties, the older properties, the slower service, the more bullshit, the stronger laws protecting the landlord, the more stringent contract terms, and the more discrimination, and the more discretion, and even crimes was all the little guy...
None of it was corporate complexes.

The End.

Link?

I have lived in Cities, Suburbs, the sticks, and directly on the coast right by both a large canal and the Atlantic ocean..... no difference.

The higher rents, the least well maintained properties, the older properties, the slower service, the more bullshit, the stronger laws protecting the landlord, the more stringent contract terms, and the more discrimination, and the more discretion, and even crimes was all the little guy...
None of it was corporate complexes.

Then Great! Live in a corporate complex instead of a small landlord property.

Ain't freedom grand?

Never, ever had problems as a land lord or as a tenant.

As a tenant, after signing the contract, I always told my landlord that I expected the property kept up. If ever he failed to do so, I would document the problem and given him written, legal notice to fix it a proper time. If he failed, I would fix it and take the bill to small claims or JP court. Refusal to pay then would result in judgement, with continuing interest and fees. And then I would go after his credit record as well as give notice to the vendors who serviced him in the valley.

I never had a problem with a landlord.

The End.
The same goes for any property that is being rented out.

The little guy isn't the best at everything, anymore so than corporations.

If you dont like it,dont live there.

As a tenant, after signing the contract, I always told my landlord that I expected the property kept up. If ever he failed to do so, I would document the problem and given him written, legal notice to fix it a proper time. If he failed, I would fix it and take the bill to small claims or JP court. Refusal to pay then would result in judgement, with continuing interest and fees. And then I would go after his credit record as well as give notice to the vendors who serviced him in the valley.

Agree. The best landlady (not lord) I ever had as a renter was a little old lady who took great pride in her properties. She was lovely to us.

That's just one of the big issues and problems in this country. TOO DAMN many middle men. We have middle men for everything it seems. No wonder people are poor and broke. They are paying for everyone to get a slice of the pie. Simply pathetic. The same thing can be accomplished through laws that protect a renter.

You should get a job and buy your own place.

Sounds like you just got your ass handed to you by a landlord for being a slacker ass, late paying, dirty, property destroying tenant.

Did you lose your deposit when you got evicted?

Agree. The best landlady (not lord) I ever had as a renter was a little old lady who took great pride in her properties. She was lovely to us.
I had one like that too.

After 20 years, she forgot I was in the house, and sold it from the nursing home.

Now, that was a shock.

How about eliminating all the middlemen and license requirents?

Just set it up so that when an individual has a property available it has to be turned over to a government agency who would choose the potential tenant who needs it the most and rent it to them for what that person could afford to pay. Then government would take on responsibility for all upkeep and repair, deducting the cost (union wages, of course) from an income.

Anything left goes to the (former) owner subject, of course, to sales/use taxes (local) plus state and federal income taxes.

Imagine how many additional housing units that would bring to the market!

(Hint: Think small)

/sarcastic font

How about eliminating all the middlemen and license requirents?

Just set it up so that when an individual has a property available it has to be turned over to a government agency who would choose the potential tenant who needs it the most and rent it to them for what that person could afford to pay. Then government would take on responsibility for all upkeep and repair, deducting the cost (union wages, of course) from an income.

Anything left goes to the (former) owner subject, of course, to sales/use taxes (local) plus state and federal income taxes.

Imagine how many additional housing units that would bring to the market!

(Hint: Think small)

/sarcastic font
More government, yeah, that's the ticket.

What if you want to move back into your house?

Tough shit?

Government control is what leads to shit like $45 million apartments in NYC.

New Topics

Forum List

Back